1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '22 14:20
    @kevcvs57 said
    You pressure the country’s diplomatically that are to be served by the pipeline to not use it, this was successful even before the invasion.
    How can you pretend to be interested in real politics and not have noticed this motif of the Trump and Biden administrations, perhaps you should stop obsessing about other peoples sex lives and dress code
    It was not being used.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    29 Sep '22 14:58
    @metal-brain said
    It was not being used.
    Yeah it was son you obviously spend way to much time on conspiracy websites to see what’s actually happening on the world stage. The US has long been opposed to the building and activation of Nordstream 2 one of the reasons Trump gave for his disdain of NATO was US funds defending Western Europe from the Russian threat whilst Western Europe guzzled Russian oil and gas and Biden was no less critical off the scheme.
    You do realise that diplomacy is meant to be subtle by definition.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    29 Sep '22 15:09
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Sep '22 17:221 edit
    @ponderable said
    And the German government acted accordingly.

So what exactly would be the reason to sabotage?
    Permanent physical destruction of the pipeline would remove any temptation for Germany and other countries from using NS natural gas in the future. It's possible this winter would result in sufficient shortages to make that outcome plausible had the pipeline remained intact.

There's not enough information to say what happened to the pipeline and who, if anyone, did it yet however IMO.
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    29 Sep '22 21:00
    @metal-brain said
    @kevcvs57
    President Joe Biden promised on February 7 to prevent Nord Stream 2 from becoming operational if Russia invaded Ukraine. "If Russia invades,” said Biden, “then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."

Reporter: "But how will you do that, exactly, since...the project is in Germany's control?"

Biden: "I promise you, we will be a ...[text shortened]... ex-Foreign Minister publicly thanked the United States after news broke that the pipeline exploded.
    Yes, the evidence is very strong that USA killed the Nord Streams.

If there is retaliation from Mudda Rushhhh-ah, then we'll pretty much know.
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    29 Sep '22 21:20
    In Nord Stream 1, each section of pipe is 12 meters long and contains piping that uses
    around 4 centimeters of steel, which is covered with 11 centimeters of concrete.

One of the local radio guys claims that there is a very short list of countries capable of taking the pipeline out,
    Russia, China, and the United States.

UhHuh
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 02:351 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    In Nord Stream 1, each section of pipe is 12 meters long and contains piping that uses
    around 4 centimeters of steel, which is covered with 11 centimeters of concrete.

One of the local radio guys claims that there is a very short list of countries capable of taking the pipeline out,

UhHuh
    $2400 worth of scuba equipment, some welding gear, and a pipe bomb.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 05:08
    @no1marauder said
    Permanent physical destruction of the pipeline would remove any temptation for Germany and other countries from using NS natural gas in the future. It's possible this winter would result in sufficient shortages to make that outcome plausible had the pipeline remained intact.

There's not enough information to say what happened to the pipeline and who, if anyone, did it yet however IMO.
    It was the USA.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/cia-warned-germany-weeks-ago-093254247.html
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 08:04
    @earl-of-trumps said

UhHuh
    Russia then it’s pretty obvious, if you watch ATYs video the guy explains that whoever did it, it’s not much more than a publicity stunt given that the pipe line is quite easily repairable.
    My guess this is the first salvo in the terrorist state of Russia’s war on European energy supply / security in the Baltic going forward, or certainly the planting of the threat going forward in advance of possible peace talks.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 08:14
    https://rumble.com/v1lzays-no-russia-didnt-blow-up-their-own-pipeline.html
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 08:18
    @metal-brain said
    https://rumble.com/v1lzays-no-russia-didnt-blow-up-their-own-pipeline.html
    😂😂 rumble. I’ll go with my gut on this one but thanks anyway.
    And only time will tell.
    It doesn’t make any sense for the US to split the alliance by doing this given that it was never getting activated and as I say it’s easily repairable so what would be the point.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 08:42
    @kevcvs57 said
    And only time will tell.
    It doesn’t make any sense for the US to split the alliance by doing this given that it was never getting activated and as I say it’s easily repairable so what would be the point.
    The CIA knew. They warned Germany before they did it.

13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 09:491 edit
    @metal-brain said
    The CIA knew. They warned Germany before they did it.

Yeah that’s right because the CIA always warn governments about their upcoming covert sabotage attacks on their infrastructure.
    Are you really this dumb
    It’s Russia, either laying the ground work for their future attacks on Danish and Norwegian pipelines that feed Europe or hopefully the threat of that potential will be one more pretty marble in Russias negotiations bag if / when negotiations begin.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 11:521 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    And only time will tell.
    While Nord Stream 2 has been shut down since before the war, Nord Stream 1, the one with the recent leaks, was operating until August. Then Russia shut it down for "technical difficulties" arising from the sanctions according to them. But it could have been reactivated at any time assuming Euro demand.

My source is articles in Reuters and Forbes.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/mystery-gas-leaks-hit-major-russian-undersea-gas-pipelines-europe-2022-09-27/
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    30 Sep '22 12:58
    @no1marauder said
    While Nord Stream 2 has been shut down since before the war, Nord Stream 1, the one with the recent leaks, was operating until August. Then Russia shut it down for "technical difficulties" arising from the sanctions according to them. But it could have been reactivated at any time assuming Euro demand.

My source is articles in Reuters and Forbes.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/mystery-gas-leaks-hit-major-russian-undersea-gas-pipelines-europe-2022-09-27/
    Exactly Russia shut it down so no skin off their nose if it’s damaged and a handy propaganda stunt for the conspiracy theorists like MB
    Does it really make sense for any Baltic state or the US to kickstart this. If not Russia the only other option would be Ukraine but still incredibly stupid if it is them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree