COVID Surges In Most-Vaxxed Nations

COVID Surges In Most-Vaxxed Nations

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
02 Oct 21

@no1marauder said
Israel is about 30th in vaccination rate, well below most European countries.

Nonetheless, it presently has 45,000 active cases or about 1/200 of its population.
Fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Oct 21

@metal-brain said
Why isn't Israel on the list of most vaxxed countries on that link?
Something is not right.
Because it's not.

Try typing "Israel" in the box that says "Type to add a country". You'll find Israel snuggled in between Brazil and Germany, well down the list.

MB

Moves
02 Oct 21

@no1marauder said
Because it's not.

Try typing "Israel" in the box that says "Type to add a country". You'll find Israel snuggled in between Brazil and Germany, well down the list.
Your link says this:

"Alternative definitions of a full vaccination, e.g. having been infected with SARS-CoV-2 and having 1 dose of a 2-dose protocol, are ignored to
maximize comparability between countries."

You can do better.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Oct 21

@metal-brain said
Fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated?
37th among vaccinated; 32nd among fully vaccinated.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Oct 21

@metal-brain said
Your link says this:

"Alternative definitions of a full vaccination, e.g. having been infected with SARS-CoV-2 and having 1 dose of a 2-dose protocol, are ignored to
maximize comparability between countries."

You can do better.
So what? It uses the standard definition of full vaccination, not any "alternative" ones.

MB

Moves
02 Oct 21

@no1marauder said
37th among vaccinated; 32nd among fully vaccinated.
I don't think that can possibly be right. It was not long ago the Israel was the most fully vaccinated country in the world. I doubt it changed that much since then.

Your link is omitting people they should not. It has to be.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Oct 21
1 edit

@metal-brain said
I don't think that can possibly be right. It was not long ago the Israel was the most fully vaccinated country in the world. I doubt it changed that much since then.

Your link is omitting people they should not. It has to be.
Take it to Spirituality.

EDIT: Here's a clue though; almost 27% of Israel's population is 0-14 years of age, a high percentage compared to most other "advanced" countries. https://www.indexmundi.com/israel/age_structure.html

The charts I have provided give vaccinated/fully vaccinated as a percentage of total population, so even if Israel vaccinated 80% of those 12 or older, it would still leave their percentage around 60%.

MB

Moves
02 Oct 21

@no1marauder said
Take it to Spirituality.
https://freenations.net/[WORD TOO LONG]/

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Oct 21

@metal-brain said
Peddle your conspiracy sites somewhere else.

MB

Moves
02 Oct 21

@no1marauder said
No it isn't.

Here's a list of countries with the highest percentage of their population vaccinated: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

The most vaccinated country, the UAE, has 5,257 active cases out of a 10 million population or 1 in 2000. Notably, its 95% vaccination rate is 8 points higher than the next country.

The ...[text shortened]... peated, though never supported claim that "the most vaxxed countries have the most cases", is false.
Portugal, has 105,317 cases per 1M
India has 24,188

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Oct 21
1 edit

@metal-brain said
Pretty much everything in that crank conspiracy site has been debunked, so I prefer not to waste time on it. It's all the standard nutty stuff; trying to claim anyone who died after a vaccination died because of the vaccination, using pre-vaccination death rates from COVID to argue that vaccinations are useless, the mis-stating of a scientific study regarding viral loads, etc. etc. etc.

This is the data sources you rely on?

MB

Moves
02 Oct 21
2 edits

@no1marauder said
Pretty much everything in that crank conspiracy site has been debunked, so I prefer not to waste time on it. It's all the standard nutty stuff; trying to claim anyone who died after a vaccination died because of the vaccination, using pre-vaccination death rates from COVID to argue that vaccinations are useless, the mis-stating of a scientific study regarding viral loads, etc. etc. etc.

This is the data sources you rely on?

India has 24,188
Vietnam has 8,104
Egypt has 2,915

That is from your link.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Oct 21

@metal-brain said
India has 24,188
No it doesn't.

It has had 105,317 per 1 million.

It now has about 3,000 cases per one million.

2/3 of its cases occurred last year. Portugal didn't get to 50% of its population vaccinated until June 25th of this year by which time it had 870,000 cases; it has had less than 200,000 since then. And more than 95% of its COVID deaths occurred before June 25th of this year. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/portugal/

See Shav's post for an explanation of why some countries have been hit harder than others.

MB

Moves
02 Oct 21

@no1marauder said
No it doesn't.

It has had 105,317 per 1 million.

It now has about 3,000 cases per one million.

2/3 of its cases occurred last year. Portugal didn't get to 50% of its population vaccinated until June 25th of this year by which time it had 870,000 cases; it has had less than 200,000 since then. And more than 95% of its COVID deaths occurred before June 25th of this ...[text shortened]... tugal/

See Shav's post for an explanation of why some countries have been hit harder than others.
I am just going by what it says in your link. If it is incorrect you are to blame for posting it.

Your link says Portugal has 105,317 per 1 million.
Are you trying to discredit your own link?

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
02 Oct 21

@metal-brain said
Why isn't Israel on the list of most vaxxed countries on that link?
Something is not right.
Yes. You are not right.
Ie. You are wrong.