Conservative beliefs simplified

Conservative beliefs simplified

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Jun 21

@mott-the-hoople said
you're good at quoting...show in your article where it says that.

"Those who claim that the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003 to get control of the country's giant oil reserves will be left scratching their heads by the results of last weekend's auction of Iraqi oil contracts: Not a single U.S. company secured a deal in the auction of contracts that will shape the Iraqi oi ...[text shortened]... 9,1948787,00.html

Im beginning to think liberals and democrats are in cahoots with the communist.
That was just a few of the contracts; US and Western oil companies certainly got in on the oil grab:

"While the US military has formally ended its occupation of Iraq, some of the largest western oil companies, ExxonMobil, BP and Shell, remain.

On November 27, 38 months after Royal Dutch Shell announced its pursuit of a massive gas deal in southern Iraq, the oil giant had its contract signed for a $17bn flared gas deal.

Three days later, the US-based energy firm Emerson submitted a bid for a contract to operate at Iraq’s giant Zubair oil field, which reportedly holds some eight million barrels of oil.

Earlier this year, Emerson was awarded a contract to provide crude oil metering systems and other technology for a new oil terminal in Basra, currently under construction in the Persian Gulf, and the company is installing control systems in the power stations in Hilla and Kerbala."

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2012/1/7/western-oil-firms-remain-as-us-exits-iraq

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
14 Jun 21
1 edit

@no1marauder said
That was just a few of the contracts; US and Western oil companies certainly got in on the oil grab:

"While the US military has formally ended its occupation of Iraq, some of the largest western oil companies, ExxonMobil, BP and Shell, remain.

On November 27, 38 months after Royal Dutch Shell announced its pursuit of a massive gas deal in southern Iraq, the oil gian ...[text shortened]... d Kerbala."

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2012/1/7/western-oil-firms-remain-as-us-exits-iraq
And you *still* have yet to identify any wrong doing. Are you saying military action or strong arming got
Mobil, Shell etc into Iraq against Iraq's will?? PROVE It.
As you first spoke of Western oil companies being in Iraq, you clearly painted a picture of a takeover. Very deceiving.

And just so you will know, the US still has 2,500 troops in Iraq.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Jun 21
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
And you *still* have yet to identify any wrong doing. Are you saying military action or strong arming got
Mobil, Shell etc into Iraq against Iraq's will?? PROVE It.
As you first spoke of Western oil companies being in Iraq, you clearly painted a picture of a takeover. Very deceiving.

And just so you will know, the US still has 2,500 troops in Iraq.
Obviously military action got Western oil companies into Iraq; there would have been no possibility of that occurring until the invasion.

I think the facts are sufficiently clear; the US wanted foreign oil companies to get their hands on Iraqi oil and while the country was occupied had a US company draft a law to do so that, while it couldn't be approved by Iraq's elected parliament due to the People of Iraq's disapproval, wound up being put in place anyway by an unelected body.

It's true the more ambitious plans of US neocons for full privatization of Iraq's economy with the goodies being parceled out to multinationals was thwarted by the resistance of the Iraqi People but it was certainly the goal as was made clear by the initial CPA and the Iraq Study Group.

You didn't really think it was about non-existent WMDs, did you?

Moves
14 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
Obviously military action got Western oil companies into Iraq; there would have been no possibility of that occurring until the invasion.

I think the facts are sufficiently clear; the US wanted foreign oil companies to get their hands on Iraqi oil and while the country was occupied had a US company draft a law to do so that, while it couldn't be approved by Iraq's elec ...[text shortened]... l CPA and the Iraq Study Group.

and you ignore china and russia getting the lions share of oil contracts.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
14 Jun 21

@no1marauder said

I think the facts are sufficiently clear; the US wanted foreign oil companies to get their hands on Iraqi oil and while the country was occupied had a US company draft a law to do so that, while it couldn't be approved by Iraq's elec ...[text shortened]... l CPA and the Iraq Study Group.

No, I never thought it was about WMD. Absolutely not. And the rumor mill was busy trying to
come up with a reasonable plan that the US had. And I Watched the oil situation very closely in Iraq.

You made some statements above that need verification. I am not buying in that the US military
brought in big oil to Iraq. Not at all. Show me.

Über-Nerd

Moves
15 Jun 21

Traditional conservative ideology claims to be against big government, to be in favor of de-regulation.

However, the Rep. party under Trump has taken an alarming turn towards authoritarianism. For example, Trump sent federal agents to do policework, against the express wishes of local and state authorities. For example, Trump turned the DoJ into his own private detective agency, harassing his perceived political rivals. Examples could be multiplied.

The Rep. party has not only condoned and encouraged this, but refused even to investigate the extent of It. This will trigger exactly what conservatives fear most: more govt regulation to prevent further abuses of presidential power. Or, the Rep. party will obstruct such legislation and continue down the slippery slope to a presidential office which cannot be held to account, not even by Congress or the DoJ. Not a pretty prospect either way, but they brought it upon themselves by cowing down to a demagogue.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
15 Jun 21

@averagejoe1 said
Historically, when a person tells another person to do that, it suggests hate(?) for that other person.
Tell us, what is it that the Rich Person has done, to warrant such a derisive comment? Envy I can understand, but other than envy, how can you be so upset or offended to say this about someone, maybe your boss , or someone you do not even know?
If conservati ...[text shortened]... ture posts. Like, here you say 'go F themselves' but, well, we don't follow? You left something out?
Apparently you need to work on your reading comprehension. Rich people are the ones who are derisive toward working people.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Jun 21
3 edits

@moonbus said -
For example, Trump sent federal agents to do policework, against the express wishes of local and state authorities.

@EoT: Please, moon man. He has the right to protect federal court houses, which BLM targeted. You know what this reminds me of...?
... the South resenting federal control of slavery because of state rights. Yes, states have rights, but not to violate the constitution and people's safety.

@moonbus said - For example, Trump turned the DoJ into his own private detective agency, harassing his perceived political rivals. Examples could be multiplied.

@EoT: Truth to that, just like the dems controling the FBI/DoJ FISA courts to spy on Trump and his whole election committee.

Will you admit that ALL politicians are going rotten?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Jun 21

@athousandyoung said
Apparently you need to work on your reading comprehension. Rich people are the ones who are derisive toward working people.
It's two-way, aty. Many workers find it popular to deride the boss. group think.

Lake Como

Moves
15 Jun 21

@athousandyoung said
There you go, off on rich people again. Rich people (job people) have nothing to do with you, and you have nothing to do with them. It is difficult to get the basis for such comments.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jun 21

@AverageJoe1
Nice but you republicans don't really believe in ANY of that anymore.
Your party is in shambles, your party used to be called the 'law and order' party., Now it is anything BUT.

ALL they want is POWER, POWER and more POWER and FUK the democracy as an institution in the US.

Also repubs want to eliminate the EPA just like Trump, don't want those pesky scientists pointing out dumping toxins into our rivers ruins people's health, but who cares about THAT crap, MY 401K has DOUBLED THEREFORE the US is GREAT again.

Lake Como

Moves
15 Jun 21

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Nice but you republicans don't really believe in ANY of that anymore.
Your party is in shambles, your party used to be called the 'law and order' party., Now it is anything BUT.

ALL they want is POWER, POWER and more POWER and FUK the democracy as an institution in the US.

Also repubs want to eliminate the EPA just like Trump, don't want those pesky sc ...[text shortened]... people's health, but who cares about THAT crap, MY 401K has DOUBLED THEREFORE the US is GREAT again.
We don't live in a Democracy, Sonhouse. All of your other screed is right on, I am sure.

Über-Nerd

Moves
15 Jun 21

Traditional conservative ideology is opposed to:

a) abortion;
b) sex education in the public (state-funded) schools;
c) tax-funded resources or benefits for single mothers or mothers-to-be;
d) recognizing any connection between the high rate of unwanted teenage pregnancy in America and a, b, or c above.

Über-Nerd

Moves
15 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said
@moonbus said -
For example, Trump sent federal agents to do policework, against the express wishes of local and state authorities.

@EoT: Please, moon man. He has the right to protect federal court houses, which BLM targeted. You know what this reminds me of...?
... the South resenting federal control of slavery because of state rights. Yes, states have ...[text shortened]... on Trump and his whole election committee.

Will you admit that ALL politicians are going rotten?
Some politicians are more rotten than others. Trump is more rotten than anything we've seen since Nixon.

"These documents [recently released emails from the WH to the DoJ] show that President Trump tried to corrupt our nation's chief law enforcement agency in a brazen attempt to overturn an election that he lost."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-house-panel-justice-dept-documents-show-trump-pressed-overturn-2020-election-2021-06-15/

Lake Como

Moves
15 Jun 21

@moonbus said
Some politicians are more rotten than others. Trump is more rotten than anything we've seen since Nixon.

"These documents [recently released emails from the WH to the DoJ] show that President Trump tried to corrupt our nation's chief law enforcement agency in a brazen attempt to overturn an election that he lost."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-house-panel-justice-dept-documents-show-trump-pressed-overturn-2020-election-2021-06-15/
Obama had FBI spy on Trump. My tax money. I am so ANGRY.
Obama weaponized the IRS ( Lois Lerner was in charge). Snooped on private info illegally.
Bad bad stuff Moonbus. Bad. Would you first clean that part of history up, and then we will discuss what you wrote.
IWhy don’t liberals bring out all facts around surrounding certain situations. You mention what you did above, but you failed to mention about the IRS or the FBI..... what is the deal with you people? I am just livid, I cud cry like libs do!