Conservative beliefs simplified

Conservative beliefs simplified

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Jun 21

@shavixmir said
Maybe. Your wives still prefer having sex with us though.
Nobody likes fat guys named Mark.

Nobody.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
13 Jun 21
1 edit

Conservative beliefs simplified -

Rich guys need even more money and people who work for a living can go f* themselves

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
13 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
Not so fast there Earl:

"Before the 2003 invasion, Iraq’s domestic oil industry was fully nationalized and closed to Western oil companies. A decade of war later, it is largely privatized and utterly dominated by foreign firms."

https://www.cnn.com/2013/03/19/opinion/iraq-war-oil-juhasz/index.html
That hardly equated to America seizing the oil industry for profit. A decade later? not impressed by this.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said
That hardly equated to America seizing the oil industry for profit. A decade later? not impressed by this.
I'm never impressed by the failure of right wingers to admit error.

Earl: We never took Iraq's oil, the Iraq gov has complete control.

Hardly.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jun 21
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
I think it is more accurate to say that the oil contracts that US firms secured subsequent to the war was the icing on the cake and not the the main reason for the war. That war must have cost the US govt /taxpayer, in the high hundreds of billions of $$$, maybe around a trillion $$$, plus thousands of lives. Its makes no sense to engage in such a venture solely for oil contracts. The primary objective was to disband Saddam Hosein and his govt which posed a threat to US [and allies] security. Nobody is doubting that war is a big income earner for defence contractors.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jun 21

@very-musty said
Most beautiful women in the world are from India 🥰
yeah but tend to get fat

Lake Como

Moves
13 Jun 21
1 edit

@athousandyoung said
Conservative beliefs simplified -

Rich guys need even more money and people who work for a living can go f* themselves
Historically, when a person tells another person to do that, it suggests hate(?) for that other person.
Tell us, what is it that the Rich Person has done, to warrant such a derisive comment? Envy I can understand, but other than envy, how can you be so upset or offended to say this about someone, maybe your boss , or someone you do not even know?
If conservatives could know this, it would lend more insight into future posts. Like, here you say 'go F themselves' but, well, we don't follow? You left something out?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jun 21

@rajk999 said
I think it is more accurate to say that the oil contracts that US firms secured subsequent to the war was the icing on the cake and not the the main reason for the war. That war must have cost the US govt /taxpayer, in the high hundreds of billions of $$$, maybe around a trillion $$$, plus thousands of lives. Its makes no sense to engage in such a venture solely for oil contr ...[text shortened]... S [and allies] security. Nobody is doubting that war is a big income earner for defence contractors.
Ever read Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine?

Of course, it would be simplistic to say that the US went to war merely to have Western interests control Iraqi oil, but that certainly seems to have been at least a subsidiary goal which was largely accomplished. The US occupiers also engaged in a mass privatization of Iraqi state-owned enterprises pursuant to neocon principles with much of it being taken over by foreign countries.

Über-Nerd

Moves
13 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Thanks. I argued this years ago with the conspiracy theorists. We never took Iraq's oil, the Iraq gov has complete control
On paper, the Iraqi govt owns the oil, yes, but Halliburton actually got the goodies.

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/reminder-halliburton-made-39-5-billion-from-the-iraq-war

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jun 21

@averagejoe1 said
We believe in Liberty, Freedom Capitalism, and our Constitution.
Lower Taxes, less bureaucracy, Choice in schools
Free market solution for healthcare (with pre-existing conditions)
Law and order for safety and security
Energy independence
Border security
Free and fair trade

Now, please chime in if you take exception to any of these, it could be interesting. Put AvJoe down as a firm believer.
The most consistent things right wingers believe in is that certain people are superior to others and that expanding the powers of the People is dangerous to the elite who they believe rightfully possess control of society.

All of their positions easily fit into that mold when critically examined.

Lake Como

Moves
13 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
The most consistent things right wingers believe in is that certain people are superior to others and that expanding the powers of the People is dangerous to the elite who they believe rightfully possess control of society.

All of their positions easily fit into that mold when critically examined.
So!?? Examined? Gove us something, a factual example, please....To examine.
Once again, you leave a post unclosed. I am beginning to see why you inundate the forum with links!!!
Try one on your own.

Lake Como

Moves
13 Jun 21
1 edit

@moonbus said
On paper, the Iraqi govt owns the oil, yes, but Halliburton actually got the goodies.

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/reminder-halliburton-made-39-5-billion-from-the-iraq-war
Paper is worth SOMETHING, is it not? Like, a $1 bill is paper.
Now, please follow these facts, I think your link did not 'close'.
The govt had to 'hire' entities, corps or whatever, to get in there and clean things up. Firstly, the Govt could not do what it takes. Secondly, had it not been Haliburton, then it would just be somebody else. Third-ley, you quote this like 'Haliburton' is a human. The money paid to Haliburton went THROUGH Haliburton to its stockholders, like me. So, thousands of investors have a corporation that the govt can call on for assistance. This is an example of what makes us so great.
Whew. Why can liberals not see the simplicity of this?? Maybe this will work: USA goes to war and needs a LOT of potatoes. I have a humongous potato farm. I, and anyone invested in my farm, are going to make a lot of money. Is there some fault in this??

Lake Como

Moves
13 Jun 21

@AverageJoe1 To re-state, corps are not one human raking in money. They are comprised of thousands of investors. You, with your 401-K, own shares of these corporations. you possibly own a piece of Haliburton!!!! Shame...Shame!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jun 21

@averagejoe1 said
@AverageJoe1 To re-state, corps are not one human raking in money. They are comprised of thousands of investors. You, with your 401-K, own shares of these corporations. you possibly own a piece of Haliburton!!!! Shame...Shame!
10% of stockholders own 84% of stock value; 1% own 38%. More than half of US households own no stock at all.

Policies that favor corporations and stock holdings, like lower taxes rates than on personal income, favor the elite just like I said.

Über-Nerd

Moves
13 Jun 21
2 edits

@averagejoe1 said
Paper is worth SOMETHING, is it not? Like, a $1 bill is paper.
Now, please follow these facts, I think your link did not 'close'.
The govt had to 'hire' entities, corps or whatever, to get in there and clean things up. Firstly, the Govt could not do what it takes. Secondly, had it not been Haliburton, then it would just be somebody else. Third-ley, you qu ...[text shortened]... I, and anyone invested in my farm, are going to make a lot of money. Is there some fault in this??
There is no fault in you making money. There is in politicians using the power of their office to do so. The missing bit in your tirade is Dick Cheney’s role in the invasion of Iraq. There were no weapons of mass destruction. Cheney damn well knew that. But there was oil to be gotten; Iraq has proven reserves. Cheney was on the board of Halliburton. So Cheney stood to gain financially by a) supporting an invasion of Iraq on any pretext ( eg, wmd), and b) securing lucrative contracts for Halliburton in the aftermath. Cheney was a coldly calculating self-interested politician who outright lied to the world about reasons for invading Iraq.