Moves
    22 Sep '20 15:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 23:50
    @kevcvs57 said
    You forget to mention that it would be a fascist racist state along the lines of nazi Germany.
    I actually do not think that is the case at all.

Have you ever lived in a largely homogeneous country that has a strict immigration policy, only allowing people who pass pretty strict requirements to ever gain citizenship..?

I have, and it looks nothing like a "fascist racist state."

You're just clutching at pearls.
  4. China
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 03:14
    We lied we cheated we stole.
    China too?
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 06:28
    @philokalia said
    I actually do not think that is the case at all.

Have you ever lived in a largely homogeneous country that has a strict immigration policy, only allowing people who pass pretty strict requirements to ever gain citizenship..?

I have, and it looks nothing like a "fascist racist state."

You're just clutching at pearls.
    But the US isn’t homogenous is it! It never has been has it!
    So to not treat everyone as equally American would be quite a fascistic thing to do.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 02:42
    @kevcvs57 said
    But the US isn’t homogenous is it! It never has been has it!
    So to not treat everyone as equally American would be quite a fascistic thing to do.
    Sure, it was never homogeneous because it traditionally was something like 86% white, 13% black, and 1-2% comprised of 'other.'

However, massive demographic shifts have been occurring since immigration quotas were repealed in 1965 and it is radically changing the makeup of the country, even though demographers do their best to hide it by including a significant amount of Hispanics under the 'white' category, which traditionally is not how they would be identified in America, and still not how many identify thesmelves.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 07:17
    @philokalia said
    Sure, it was never homogeneous because it traditionally was something like 86% white, 13% black, and 1-2% comprised of 'other.'

However, massive demographic shifts have been occurring since immigration quotas were repealed in 1965 and it is radically changing the makeup of the country, even though demographers do their best to hide it by including a significant amount o ...[text shortened]... tionally is not how they would be identified in America, and still not how many identify thesmelves.
    So you think “white people” are an homogenous lumpen masse with one culture and world view?
    I guess the “other” are the indigenous population that you violently displaced.
    So where on your colour chart would you place ‘Hispanics’.?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 07:43
    @kevcvs57 said
    The first and most important is ideology: there is a commitment to the idea of creating a multiracial melting pot in which everyone stands equally as Americans. This is very difficult to criticize because support for this is so entrenched in the media and in academia that any questioning of it is treated as a racist dog whistle. ”
    Why would you want to criticise this? What would the US be without that commitment?
    Republican.
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 12:54
    @kevcvs57 said
    So you think “white people” are an homogenous lumpen masse with one culture and world view?
    I guess the “other” are the indigenous population that you violently displaced.
    So where on your colour chart would you place ‘Hispanics’.?
    Kev asks: "So where on your colour chart would you place ‘Hispanics’.?"

Only a racist would ask such a question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree