1. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 04:46
    Not long after FBI director Wray talked about how they are opening a new counter-intelligence investigation on the Chinese every ten hours, we have another high profile incident of Chinese-Americans abusing their positions in government to spy on behalf of the Chinese Communists.

This time, though, it includes the particularly pernicious fact that the person involved was targeting Tibetans!

“The defendant is charged with violating his sworn oath as a New York City police officer to protect and serve the citizens of New York by instead reporting to PRC government officials about the activities of Chinese citizens in the New York area and developing intelligence sources within the Tibetan community in the United States,” stated Acting United States Attorney Seth D. DuCharme. “Today’s arrest shows that no one – especially one sworn to uphold the law – is immune from prosecution for illegal acts on behalf of foreign governments.”

And the FBI has some strong words about the PRC:

“The defendant allegedly violated the trust of his community and the New York City Police Department on behalf of a foreign power, the People’s Republic of China. This type of conduct simply cannot be tolerated,” said Alan E. Kohler, Jr., Assistant Director of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division. “This case serves as yet another reminder that China represents the biggest counterintelligence threat to the United States and that the FBI and our partners will be aggressive in investigating and stopping such activities within our nation.”

It's also fairly unique because he was a military reservist.

My favorite part of the article, however, is this:

Since at least 2014, Angwang acted at the direction and control of officials at the PRC Consulate in New York City. Specifically, Angwang reported on the activities of Chinese citizens in the New York area, spotted and assessed potential intelligence sources within the Tibetan community in New York and elsewhere, and provided PRC officials with access to senior NYPD officials through invitations to official events. One of the PRC Consular officials at whose direction Angwang acted worked for the “China Association for Preservation and Development of Tibetan Culture,” a division of the PRC’s United Front Work Department. This Department is responsible for, among other things, neutralizing potential opponents of the PRC and co-opting ethnic Chinese individuals living outside the PRC.

https://www.thedailyfodder.com/2020/09/new-york-city-police-department-officer.html?utm_source=ruqqus&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialshare

The ChiComs are dedicated to the destruction of the Tibetan identity -- but they call this preservation, and use such organizations to corrupt institutions abroad and to terrorize their own Chinese expat communities.

I certainly hope that none of the Chinese descent people who use this website have had run-ins with this arm of the PRC.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 06:112 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 06:19

4. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 06:26
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Don't worry: we will follow the trial from start to finish.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 06:30
    I do not know about the treatment of Jews in the USSR. I won't insult anyone by implying that perusing a Wikipedia article makes me fit to comment. However, I did read Solzhenitsyn's 200 years together, and I am inclined to disagree with the idea that there was any meaningful antisemitism in the Soviet Union, but rather overzealous historians who look for racial grievance everywhere have subsequently studied it and read it back into it.

Likewise, the fact that Director Wray has pointed out that a new counter-intelligence investigation concerning China is opened every ten hours tells us everything that we need to know about the Chinese employed in sensitive positions.

Duchess will attempt to play victim, but the real victims are the American businesses and people, and the Tibetans, harmed through Chinese Communist espionage.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 06:30
    Are you implying that Americans are dumber than Chinese and can't possibly hope to replace them -- while simultaneously calling us the 'racists?'
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 06:571 edit

8. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 08:05
    Two reasons.

The first and most important is ideology: there is a commitment to the idea of creating a multiracial melting pot in which everyone stands equally as Americans. This is very difficult to criticize because support for this is so entrenched in the media and in academia that any questioning of it is treated as a racist dog whistle.

No doubt, it'll receive the same treatment here.

The second is because there is some truth in what you are saying: Americans are increasingly studying liberal arts and shirking STEM because it is quite transparently less fun & interesting to most people.

This exact same phenomenon is beginning to happen in Korea -- an increasing number of the engineers and tech students I meet are South Asian or Southeast Asian, not to mention Chinese.

It's a pretty natural process -- the decadent prefer to always pursue pleasure, which leads to some not going to school or working hard, and others going to school not to study the practical and the productive, to earn a keep for their home, but to study exactly what they want to study.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 08:08
    Right: it's because the Chinese are a poor society whose parents grew up knowing hunger & lack.

There is an incredible drive to push the next generations towards success.

This is likely why previous generations of Americans truly were pioneering and pushing the boundaries of technology. Their parents & grandparents many times were farmers and industrial laborers, and they also knew hardship, and as the society was not yet fully debauched through persistent affluence and prosperity, the interest in these fields began to wane.

You see this happen to many societies, whether they are medieval Islamic societies or the Song Dynasty.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 08:121 edit
    @philokalia said
    Two reasons.

The first and most important is ideology: there is a commitment to the idea of creating a multiracial melting pot in which everyone stands equally as Americans. This is very difficult to criticize because support for this is so entrenched in the media and in academia that any questioning of it is treated as a racist dog whistle.

No doubt, it'll receive t ...[text shortened]... the productive, to earn a keep for their home, but to study exactly what they want to study.
    The first and most important is ideology: there is a commitment to the idea of creating a multiracial melting pot in which everyone stands equally as Americans. This is very difficult to criticize because support for this is so entrenched in the media and in academia that any questioning of it is treated as a racist dog whistle. ”
    Why would you want to criticise this? What would the US be without that commitment?
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 08:15
    @kevcvs57 said
    The first and most important is ideology: there is a commitment to the idea of creating a multiracial melting pot in which everyone stands equally as Americans. This is very difficult to criticize because support for this is so entrenched in the media and in academia that any questioning of it is treated as a racist dog whistle. ”
    Why would you want to criticise this? What would the US be without that commitment?
    Perhaps a per capita more prosperous nation, though still one with a smaller population, and likely a smaller GDP.

It's really hard to say what this would mean, though, and whether or not birth rates would have been sustainable. It may have even been the birth rates in the first place that created this notion.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 09:34
    @philokalia said
    Perhaps a per capita more prosperous nation, though still one with a smaller population, and likely a smaller GDP.

It's really hard to say what this would mean, though, and whether or not birth rates would have been sustainable. It may have even been the birth rates in the first place that created this notion.
    Yeah I’m sure this was a response to another post.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 11:28
    @kevcvs57 said
    Yeah I’m sure this was a response to another post.
    Oh no, that is what I think the US would be without that commitment.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 12:22
    @philokalia said
    Oh no, that is what I think the US would be without that commitment.
    You forget to mention that it would be a fascist racist state along the lines of nazi Germany.
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 14:24
    Innocent Chinese-Americans will feel the bite. It's never fair, like the Japanese internment camps WWII

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree