Biden Fails in Freezing Texas, Adversaries Pounce

Biden Fails in Freezing Texas, Adversaries Pounce

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
21 Feb 21

@phranny said
@AverageJoe1 Good grief, grow up already. World politics are not high school bullying. Trump made the U.S. an international laughing stock and he squandered our grip on being a world leader both politically and economically. Please go back to sleep.
No he didn't. You are saying a falsehood. He kicked butt, the greatest president in our lifetime, created 7M unfilled jobs, etc etc, and the little coffee drinking bike riders in Denmark laughed at him?
Do you think what you said above does not make any sense? Do ou think Japan and England and Russia and China laughed at him?? They were in awe of him.
Hey,,............He will be back. The roar of crowd at CPAC where he will speak will cinch it. I am speaking facts. Thijs is not my opinion.
Laughing stock....YOU grow up! Take that!!! 😆 🙂

m

Moves
21 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
No he didn't. You are saying a falsehood. He kicked butt, the greatest president in our lifetime, created 7M unfilled jobs, etc etc, and the little coffee drinking bike riders in Denmark laughed at him?
Do you think what you said above does not make any sense? Do ou think Japan and England and Russia and China laughed at him?? They were in awe of him.
...[text shortened]... peaking facts. Thijs is not my opinion.
Laughing stock....YOU grow up! Take that!!! 😆 🙂
Putin, Xi and Kim Jong-un all did circles around Trump.
Other world leaders made fun of Trump behind his back at G7/G20 meetings.
Lay off the Koolaid, will ya ??

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
21 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
If I live in Florida , where we have our own problems with hurricanes, what in the world do you want me to do over in Texas? Each state should stand alone, so I disagree with Marauder. UNLESS it is a total national emergency such as COVID.
In a microcosm example, if I am your neighbor and build a barn very poorly and it crashes down all around me, do you think I shou ...[text shortened]... hould go up and bail Detroit out of ther mess? And Marauder questions common logic????
O help.
This was not a natural disaster like Katrina it was man made by the policies of successive Republican state governments, but that being said the people of Texas are US citizens and of course they have a right to expect the federal government step in when their Republican deregulation obsessed Texan body politic fails to the extent that lives and livelihoods are being lost.

Lake Como

Moves
21 Feb 21

@mghrn55 said
Putin, Xi and Kim Jong-un all did circles around Trump.
Other world leaders made fun of Trump behind his back at G7/G20 meetings.
Lay off the Koolaid, will ya ??
Hmmmmm not the way I heard it. I'm not good with numbers ....but they were big when Trump turned a few billion around in China, as an example. Did you say Kim did circles? Everybody here wants to know how.
""""Joe, You can't do Numbers!?? You cant build a house or a road, you need community organizers! you need the society to help you!!""
Naaaa, I just pay a secretary to do my numbers,,,,like I pay Kroger to go to Brazil and bring me one nice perfectly ripened banana.

Lake Como

Moves
21 Feb 21

@kevcvs57 said
This was not a natural disaster like Katrina it was man made by the policies of successive Republican state governments, but that being said the people of Texas are US citizens and of course they have a right to expect the federal government step in when their Republican deregulation obsessed Texan body politic fails to the extent that lives and livelihoods are being lost.
That would be quite an expectation. Did u mention republican governments? Do you know that Dems run EVERY one of the failling cities like detroit, chicago, etc.? All dems. Please reread.
As to a man-made disaster, it only affected TX. Their problem. On the other hand, if they lost control of, say, nuclear installations, and the fallout flew out all over other states, then the govt has to step in. Why,,,,,? Because it would THEN BE a natural disaster.
Again, where do you dependent weenies draw the line?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
21 Feb 21
1 edit

@kevcvs57 - they have a right to expect the federal government step in when their Republican deregulation obsessed Texan body politic fails to the extent that lives and livelihoods are being lost.

Why, why,, how positively white of you, Kev. The nigroes are beholdin'. uh huh.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Feb 21
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
@kevcvs57 - they have a right to expect the federal government step in when their Republican deregulation obsessed Texan body politic fails to the extent that lives and livelihoods are being lost.

So you want to turn this into a white and black thing now?....That will help matters I am sure! (Sarcasm)~!

You do understand that racism doesn't have a color!!!

-VR

Lake Como

Moves
21 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said

Man do you guys LOVE LOVE ❤️ LOVE LOVE the Nanny govt. please come save us from our screwups. So, I AversgeJoe, toil at my suffering businesd in Oskosh, wstching Air Force One fly over with trunks full of cash, my tax cash, to bailil out losers in Texas. I am no loser.. Texas is a loser, and they get the cash. Do you have any understanding hw failing your logic is

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
22 Feb 21

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56147311

A 16.000 dollar electricity bill...

Yah... that free market capitalism sure works well.

D

Moves
22 Feb 21
2 edits

Lake Como

Moves
22 Feb 21

@shavixmir said
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56147311

A 16.000 dollar electricity bill...

Yah... that free market capitalism sure works well.
Shav, seriously, what would be better policy than free market capitalism in this scenario? I assume you mean that a program that President Shav might have in place would have not had this happen?
Describe a better program, economic structure, social economic arrangement? What?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
22 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
If TX did not heed the warning, why should the feds get involved? TX needs to clean uo their act. I just don't get your logic. TX ignores improving the system, and the feds have something to do with that?
And where do you draw the line? There is little town in Mississippi that needs some money, they are over budget. You think the Fe Govt needs to send some people down there with a check book?
Phranny, where do you authoritarian control freaks draw the line?
You draw the line at allowing the fellow American victims of this dogma led disaster to suffer any longer than absolutely necessary. The political allegiance of those that caused it should be irrelevant to the federal government. People died and many people are still suffering the consequences, if the Feds do not step in here then what are they for?

Lake Como

Moves
22 Feb 21

@kevcvs57 said
You draw the line at allowing the fellow American victims of this dogma led disaster to suffer any longer than absolutely necessary. The political allegiance of those that caused it should be irrelevant to the federal government. People died and many people are still suffering the consequences, if the Feds do not step in here then what are they for?
OK, let the feds help out, they have a large force of trucks and engineers. TX needs help after their screwup,,,,,,but when the dust settles and spring gets here, I think that the TX treasury needs to reimburse the cost incurred by the federal government (my govt, I dont live in TX)) so that we maintain a proper balance for a future national disaster...which TX was not.
This may kill you, Kev , hard to get your head around...but TX needs to pay. There ar 50 states, not just TX. If each state had the same problem at the same time, do you think the govt should just cut em all a check and walk away.? I do not. People need to pay for consumption, repairs, upgrades, food, gasoline, clothes shelter. I swear I think you have no prob saying...hey, just let the Feds pay.
If a family pays for all their stuff, no govt assistance, then a State should pay for all their stuff, no government assistance,.
Sometimes my logic even amazes me.

Z

Moves
22 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
Shav, seriously, what would be better policy than free market capitalism in this scenario? I assume you mean that a program that President Shav might have in place would have not had this happen?
Describe a better program, economic structure, social economic arrangement? What?
Preventing companies from jacking up the prices in a crisis knowing full well people are forced to pay or freeze to death. That would be better policy.

How many times must we hammer this into you? You can't have free market where one of the parties involved is forced to buy a product. That's anything but free. It's highway robbery.

There is a reason we, for example, pay taxes so the fire fighters come to put out the fire instead of charging you on the spot. Because while you and your family are in pajamas outside your home and all your belongings are burning you are not in a strong negotiating position.

At the moment, Texas GOP are begging for federal aid for the families and a large part of that will go towards rewarding energy companies that jacked up the prices instead of throwing them in jail.

Feel free to not understand any of these points.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
22 Feb 21
1 edit

@Zahlanzi - How many times must we hammer this into you?
You can't have free market where one of the parties involved is forced to buy a product.

you demonstrate a remarked grasp of the obvious.

[CLAP-CLAP]