1. Subscribershavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 04:36
    @philokalia said
    There have been dozens & dozens & dozens of instances of fake hate crimes, sometimes also involving violence and injuries (like the Winnipeg story I posted above).

Indeed, one of the most famous cases of lynching, "Rosewood," involves a woman who was violently attacked and then simply blamed it on African-Americans to avoid having to explain the affair that she was havi ...[text shortened]... mes that are hoaxes... It seems that many things which happen are actually not as they appear to be.
    No. Many things that happen are as they appear and sometimes people try to put a different slant on them.

How many fake instances of hate crime are there compared to real instances of hate crime?

Say there are dozens and dozens of reports of people surviving shark attacks.
    Do you conclude that it’s safe to swim with great whites?

Say 10 people report date-rape by boy X.

1 is proven fake, 3 are thrown out because of interpretational issues, 2 are quashed because the victims were drunk and unreliable and 3 didn’t make it to court because deals were made.

Would you want your 16 year old daughter dating boy X?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 05:40
    @philokalia said
    There have been dozens & dozens & dozens of instances of fake hate crimes, sometimes also involving violence and injuries (like the Winnipeg story I posted above).

Indeed, one of the most famous cases of lynching, "Rosewood," involves a woman who was violently attacked and then simply blamed it on African-Americans to avoid having to explain the affair that she was havi ...[text shortened]... mes that are hoaxes... It seems that many things which happen are actually not as they appear to be.
    Like Sandy Hook?

Alex Jones used to claim all the time that "things are not as they appear to be". On December 14, 2012, at Sandy Hook Elementary School, 20 children between six and seven years old were shot and killed by a single gunman. On April 17, 2018, radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was sued for defamation by three parents whose children were killed in the shooting. Alex Jones for years told anyone who wanted to listen (and scores more who did not) that the Sandy Hook shooting was "completely fake" and a "giant hoax" perpetrated by opponents of the Second Amendment. On October 16, 2019, a jury awarded Leonard Pozner $450,000 for defamation by James Fetzer, who had co-written the book Nobody Died at Sandy Hook. The book claimed that Pozner had fabricated the death certificate of his son Noah, a six-year-old victim of the shooting. The Sandy Hook shooting was not a hoax, and yet for some time, you couldn't turn on a conservative talk radio station without hearing about how it was all a "hoax" perpetrated by the left.

So you'll pardon most people who stop listening when they hear the word "hoax".
  3. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 07:36
    @philokalia said

There have been dozens and dozens of fake hate crimes, which have been eagerly and extensively covered by white supremacist media that you have admitted to regularly reading.

Still, "dozens" is quite a small fraction of the total number of hate crimes.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 11:08
    I have followed the thread but have stayed out of it because it is shear silliness.
    Talk about groundless conspiracy theories?!

If the police figure out that it was all a ruse, then I will entertain it. Gad!
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 11:48
    @shavixmir said
    How many fake instances of hate crime are there compared to real instances of hate crime?
    I don't know... Like, five hate hoaxes for every hate crime...?
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 11:49
    @kazetnagorra said
    There have been dozens and dozens of fake hate crimes, which have been eagerly and extensively covered by white supremacist media that you have admitted to regularly reading.

Still, "dozens" is quite a small fraction of the total number of hate crimes.
    Besides Breitbart, what are some other "white supremacist" media companies?
  7. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 12:04
    @philokalia said
    Besides Breitbart, what are some other "white supremacist" media companies?
    You have admitted reading both VDARE and American Renaissance, both frothing-at-the-mouth white supremacist publications.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 12:30
    @philokalia said
    I don't know... Like, five hate hoaxes for every hate crime...?
    Victims of Hate Crime Incidents

There were 7,036 single-bias incidents involving 8,646 victims. A percent distribution of victims by bias type shows that 59.6 percent of victims were targeted because of the offenders’ race/ethnicity/ancestry bias; 18.7 percent were targeted because of the offenders’ religious bias; 16.7 percent were victimized because of the offenders’ sexual-orientation bias; 2.2 percent were targeted because of the offenders’ gender identity bias; 2.1 percent were victimized because of the offenders’ disability bias; and 0.7 percent were victimized because of the offenders’ gender bias.
    There were 84 multiple-bias hate crime incidents, which involved 173 victims.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases-2018-hate-crime-statistics

Is your claim really that there are 35,000 hate crime hoaxes in a given year?

Now, what motivation would you have for attempting to minimize the scale of hate crimes in the U.S., I wonder?
  9. Garner, NC
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 14:18
    @no1marauder said
    Really? That is the right wing story, isn't it - those blacks just can't be trusted.
    This information is not hard to find. I can see you're not interested in truth.
  10. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 16:09
    @kazetnagorra said
    You have admitted reading both VDARE and American Renaissance, both frothing-at-the-mouth white supremacist publications.
    How about the Wall Street journal, is that a white supremacist publication?
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/hate-crime-hoaxes-are-more-common-than-you-think-11561503352
  11. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 16:37
    @dood111 said
    How about the Wall Street journal, is that a white supremacist publication?
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/hate-crime-hoaxes-are-more-common-than-you-think-11561503352
    Given the WSJ's endorsement of conspiracy theories and racists, I would say it is a questionable publication though not a white supremacist one.
  12. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 17:46
    @kazetnagorra said
    Given the WSJ's endorsement of conspiracy theories and racists, I would say it is a questionable publication though not a white supremacist one.
    Here's a WSJ article, doesn't look like something a racist or biased publication would post:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-long-reach-of-racism-in-the-u-s-11591372542
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 18:22
    @kazetnagorra said
    To you, anything other than Marxism Today is a white supremacist publication.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 20:19
    @earl-of-trumps said
    To you, anything other than Marxism Today is a white supremacist publication.
    Is defending white supremacy really the hill you want to die on... again?
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 22:12
    @kazetnagorra said
    Is defending white supremacy really the hill you want to die on... again?
    now now. ad hominems are to be beneath you.

lol, yeah, right. toolbag is that toolbag was

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree