1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 05:16
    @philokalia said
    Where's the criticism?

That he used famous cases that reached newspapers which could be researched?

Is it your contention that the newspapers just don't report on the REAL hate crimes?
    "Famous"?

No, he just dug up any incident, however minor, that could be deemed a fake hate crime that he could find in a paper somewhere. Then out of this absurdly small and biased sample, he attempts to make far reaching conclusions that are the purest of speculation.

No academic worth their salt would act like this except to sell a book feeding into a pre-existing conception clung tightly to right wingers who want to A) Deny the existence of widespread racism in the country; and B) Reinforce their belief in the moral unfitness of minorities.

It's trash.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 07:10
    @no1marauder said
    "Famous"?
    Anything which tends to be known at all can be considered famous.

But, of course, there are levels.

Metallica is a famous band... unqualified.

Darkthrone is a famous band... but I would only expect metal fans to know them.

Cult of Fire is a famous band... but I would only expect black metal fans to know them.

The instances I cite are famous in the sense that they are known to locals or to specific circles that pay attention to these things.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 07:14
    @no1marauder said
    No, he just dug up any incident, however minor, that could be deemed a fake hate crime that he could find in a paper somewhere. Then out of this absurdly small and biased sample, he attempts to make far reaching conclusions that are the purest of speculation.

No academic worth their salt would act like this except to sell a book feeding into a pre-existing conception c ...[text shortened]... m in the country; and B) Reinforce their belief in the moral unfitness of minorities.

It's trash.
    I disagree.

Obviously, there are going to be minor incidents classed as hate crimes -- indeed, people have said here that there could be hundreds of thousands or even millions of hate crimes yearly...

But how can many of these even be investigated in a timely manner at all..? And are these investigations actually subjected to stringent standards if they are actually rather victimless? For instance, there might be a report that somebody wrote a racial slur on a playground -- this is vandalism, but there is not going to be any real investigation, and there's no way of knowing about the crime in-depth.

High-profile "hate crimes" that make it into the newspapers are things that can be reliably followed and investigated, even from a distance, based off of the conclusions that are drawn.

Based off of the sheer number of hate hoaxes that make national news, it is a pertinent topic.

Many are worried that what is happenign to whites is amounting to its own sort of modern day blood libel.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 07:16
    @philokalia said
    Anything which tends to be known at all can be considered famous.

But, of course, there are levels.

Metallica is a famous band... unqualified.

Darkthrone is a famous band... but I would only expect metal fans to know them.

Cult of Fire is a famous band... but I would only expect black metal fans to know them.

The instances I cite are famous in the sense that they are known to locals or to specific circles that pay attention to these things.
    I've never heard of "Cult of Fire" but I can guess what flavour of black metal band it is.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 12:19
    @philokalia said
    I disagree.

Obviously, there are going to be minor incidents classed as hate crimes -- indeed, people have said here that there could be hundreds of thousands or even millions of hate crimes yearly...

But how can many of these even be investigated in a timely manner at all..? And are these investigations actually subjected to stringent standards if the ...[text shortened]... ried that what is happenign to whites is amounting to its own sort of modern day blood libel.
    Yes the myth of white persecution is absolutely critical to white nationalism and extreme right wingerism.

"Blood libel"? Wonder where that term came from.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 12:36
    Whites are taught that they have inherited privilege and basically have not earned their place in society -- and by being unjustly given this position, they have directly contributed to the misery of others -- or, at least, this is what people want to be the standard curriculum.

There' salso this idea that no white person is free from the taint of racism, and all of them have to actively work to basically deprogram their subconscious.

Does that sound like an accurate description or am I off?

Obviously, this isn't exactly persecution. But I would not call it a desirable situation, either.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 12:451 edit
    @philokalia said
    Whites are taught that they have inherited privilege and basically have not earned their place in society -- and by being unjustly given this position, they have directly contributed to the misery of others -- or, at least, this is what people want to be the standard curriculum.

There' salso this idea that no white person is free from the taint of racism, and all of t ...[text shortened]...

Obviously, this isn't exactly persecution. But I would not call it a desirable situation, either.
    No, it doesn't.

It sounds like something you read at AmRen.

Here's what it actually means:

"And white privilege is not the assumption that everything a white person has accomplished is unearned; most white people who have reached a high level of success worked extremely hard to get there. Instead, white privilege should be viewed as a built-in advantage, separate from one’s level of income or effort."

https://www.tolerance.org/magazine/fall-2018/what-is-white-privilege-really

The whole article is worth a read though I'm not enamored of the term "white privilege" (it suggest being free from invidious discrimination is a "privilege" rather than a right).
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 14:071 edit
    @philokalia said
    Here's a funny "hate crime" related story i just saw on Twitter

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2020/07/13/oregon-us-attorneys-office-white-power-symbol-portland-trailblazers-poster
    The tweet was followed up with a second image of the poster and a tweet that said “33 means KKK btw.” The hand appeared the be positioned over several rows of the number 3.

There it is , PROOF that the Portland Trailblazers basketball team is RACIST.
    White Supremacists speaking in code, sending DOG WHISTLES
    So all ten African American players on the team are White Supremacists!!!!!
    /sarc

LOLOLOL

These 'tards!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree