This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 19:541 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Because there's an ongoing investigation?

The local media did release Bernstein's call to the police a few days ago: https://www.nbc15.com/2020/07/09/call-to-dispatchers-details-hate-crime-against-biracial-woman-whose-face-was-set-on-fire/

I assume you're still working under your theory that she set her own face on fire just to embarrass white folks.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Jul '20 23:40
    @no1marauder said

The local media did release Bernstein's call to the police a few days ago: https://www.nbc15.com/2020/07/09/call-to-dispatchers-details-hate-crime-against-biracial-woman-whose-face-was-set-on-fire/

I assume you're still working under your theory that she set her own face on fire just to embarrass white folks.
    As there were other incidents of arson that were taking place, it may seem believable to some people that she could have been participating in a protest,tried to set something on fire, and then burned herself, and later decided to come up with a less embarrassing story for her injuries.

After all, hate hoaxes are quite common, with the recent example of Jussie Smollett being a fantastical example of one.

I've honestly never heard of being able to set up a liter like that and being able to basically turn it into a miniature firebomb. If it has been partially cracked open, it would still need some kind of spark to ignite it, and a human neck (particularly of an overweight person) isn't going reliably be hard enough to cause a spark when hit with metal.

It seems a bit far fetched but I don't know.

What a shame it would be if she were lying.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 00:32
    @philokalia said
    As there were other incidents of arson that were taking place, it may seem believable to some people that she could have been participating in a protest,tried to set something on fire, and then burned herself, and later decided to come up with a less embarrassing story for her injuries.

After all, hate hoaxes are quite common, with the recent example of Jussie S ...[text shortened]... al.

It seems a bit far fetched but I don't know.

What a shame it would be if she were lying.
    Well, it's good to see right wingers have a new name to use every time a black person is a victim of a hate crime to imply that they are all just liars.

Tawana Brawley for a few decades, now Jussie Smollett. It never really ends; extremist whites just will not give blacks, even with second and third degree burns on their face, anything but suspicion. I'm sure these posters wouldn't have believed a cop put his knee on George Floyd's neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds if there wasn't video of it (maybe they don't believe it anyway).
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 00:36
    @no1marauder said
    Well, it's good to see right wingers have a new name to use every time a black person is a victim of a hate crime to imply that they are all just liars.

Tawana Brawley for a few decades, now Jussie Smollett. It never really ends; extremist whites just will not give blacks, even with second and third degree burns on their face, anything but suspicion. I'm sure these pos ...[text shortened]... neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds if there wasn't video of it (maybe they don't believe it anyway).
    Oh, is there an argument to be made that Jussie Smollett is actually a victim?

Please, present it to me. ^^
  6. Garner, NC
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 00:44
    @no1marauder said

Tawana Brawley for a few decades, now Jussie Smollett. It never really ends; extremist whites just will not give blacks, even with second and third degree burns on their face, anything but suspicion. I'm sure these pos ...[text shortened]... neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds if there wasn't video of it (maybe they don't believe it anyway).
    There have been so many hate crimes that have turned out to be hoaxes, if one does not immediately at least suspect that this is a hoax, then they're not even living in reality.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 00:46
    @philokalia said

I never made such an argument.

Please try reading my post this time.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 00:47
    @techsouth said
    There have been so many hate crimes that have turned out to be hoaxes, if one does not immediately at least suspect that this is a hoax, then they're not even living in reality.
    Really? That is the right wing story, isn't it - those blacks just can't be trusted.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 00:56
    @no1marauder said
    I never made such an argument.

Please try reading my post this time.
    OK, I see - so you recognize that hate hoaxes do exist.

I'm sorry, I was confused.
  10. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 00:58
    @no1marauder said
    Really? That is the right wing story, isn't it - those blacks just can't be trusted.
    The hoaxes are done by all sorts of people.

The example that I remember clearly was this one from Winnipeg.

https://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/owners-of-jewish-cafe-charged-with-staging-attack-on-their-business
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 01:04
    @philokalia said
    OK, I see - so you recognize that hate hoaxes do exist.

I'm sorry, I was confused.
    On rare occasions, they can.

However, hoaxes can exist as to reports of any crime. Why is it that right wingers are immediately suspicious of a crime perpetrated by whites against blacks but not of a standard robbery or assault?

This is the third thread Dood has started over this case claiming it is a hoax even though as of yet there is absolutely no evidence to support such a theory. Shouldn't we wait until the police finish their investigation before declaring this woman a liar?
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 02:26
    @no1marauder said
    On rare occasions, they can.

However, hoaxes can exist as to reports of any crime. Why is it that right wingers are immediately suspicious of a crime perpetrated by whites against blacks but not of a standard robbery or assault?

This is the third thread Dood has started over this case claiming it is a hoax even though as of yet there is absolutely no evidence to sup ...[text shortened]... y. Shouldn't we wait until the police finish their investigation before declaring this woman a liar?
    This is not a common assault by any stretch of the imagination -- it's a pretty outstanding and unusual story.

Robbery is far easier to undestand; as is an assault between two people who know each other.

This attack is simply questioned because it seems so unusual and there are no other witnesses.

But sure, IDK, maybe it happened. Or maybe it is like the dozens & dozens of hate hoaxes that we have been exposed to over the last years.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 02:54
    @no1marauder said

Slightly of track but "what the", "biracial". Are we just kidding ourselves, making up names, lables just for the fun of it. Is the a "new" minority.
    I bl#$dy well hope so cause damn near everyone on the planet would be "biracial". Fair go and DAMN. this means we are all part of the new minority class.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 03:55
    @philokalia said

You miss the point.

Somebody did survive a parachute jump when his chute didn’t open.
    This doesn’t mean the correct conclusion is that parachutes are a left-wing conspiracy denying you the freedom to fly like a bird.

Just like, because a few incidents fit your agenda, doesn’t make your agenda right or delegitimize the greater case which is being made.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Jul '20 04:01
    @shavixmir said
    You miss the point.

Somebody did survive a parachute jump when his chute didn’t open.
    This doesn’t mean the correct conclusion is that parachutes are a left-wing conspiracy denying you the freedom to fly like a bird.

Just like, because a few incidents fit your agenda, doesn’t make your agenda right or delegitimize the greater case which is being made.
    There have been dozens & dozens & dozens of instances of fake hate crimes, sometimes also involving violence and injuries (like the Winnipeg story I posted above).

Indeed, one of the most famous cases of lynching, "Rosewood," involves a woman who was violently attacked and then simply blamed it on African-Americans to avoid having to explain the affair that she was having.

It's not just hate crimes that are hoaxes... It seems that many things which happen are actually not as they appear to be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree