1. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    hicksville
    Moves
    11 Jul '22 14:38
    Most of us are old enough (and perhaps smart enough) to know we were not assigned a gender at birth. My gender at birth was determined, not assigned.
    So just how dumb would someone need to be to not understand the difference?
  2. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    hicksville
    Moves
    11 Jul '22 14:39
    @shavixmir said
    Oh, I should probably form an opinion about this...
    Oh, you probably already have...
  3. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    11 Jul '22 16:12
    @shavixmir said
    Oh, I should probably form an opinion about this...
    Yes, with a more balanced mind it might help with some of your clarity issues.
  4. Standard memberBeowulf
    Misfit King
    Moves
    12 Jul '22 23:331 edit
    If their is more than 2 genders how come gender reassignment surgery only has two options?
    Male and Female. 🤷
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Jul '22 13:11
    @kellyjay said
    If a transgender woman was female biologically, why would anyone call them
    transgender females, wouldn't we call them female?
    That’s the target we’re aiming for. Not quite there yet.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Jul '22 13:141 edit
    @beowulf said
    If their is more than 2 genders how come gender reassignment surgery only has two options?
    Male and Female. 🤷
    Because Western culture is still thinking inside the box.

I suppose someone might want to be surgically neutered. true hermaphroditism is also known, so I suppose someone might want to be surgically made into a hermaphrodite.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Jul '22 13:16
    @liljo said
    Uh, what intolerance? Seriously. I don’t see any huge organized marches saying “No Transgenders!”

Am I missing something? The LGBTQ etc. seem perfectly tolerated to me. They wanted marriage, they got it. They want adoption rights, they got them. They want tax filing status of married straights, they got it.

Seriously-what intolerance, besides that which is maliciously and very dishonestly propagated by…certain media outlets.
    The current SCOTUS may revise that. Wait and see.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 00:42
    @KellyJay
    Define what is a woman was a question designed to produce chaos, the person saying that, Marsha Blackburn, didn't care about the answer, only in being able to sew discord.
    I saw that question asked and I saw the look on her face, going YOU ARE AN ASSSHOLE because defining what a woman is would be damned if you do damned if you don't, a trick question clearly showing she was WAY ahead of that questioner in moral terms besides being at least 3 times smarter than the Jerk who said that.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Aug '22 18:57
    @liljo said
    Uh, what intolerance? Seriously. I don’t see any huge organized marches saying “No Transgenders!”

Am I missing something? The LGBTQ etc. seem perfectly tolerated to me. They wanted marriage, they got it. They want adoption rights, they got them. They want tax filing status of married straights, they got it.

Seriously-what intolerance, besides that which is maliciously and very dishonestly propagated by…certain media outlets.
    Are huge organized marches your only metric for gauging anti-transgender bigotry?

How about numbers of transgender people murdered each year just for being transgender?

Are you missing something? Probably.
  10. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 21:09
    @kellyjay said
    It's a cultural phenomenon; why shouldn't it be here? In your statement, in a culture, we have, regardless, so why shouldn't it be here?
    You'll get more bites if you fish in the Debate Forum. This backwater has little going for it.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Aug '22 20:48
    @kellyjay said
    Our culture is how we live with one another, what we accept and reject, our norms. I have no idea why you think racism and conservatives have to do with one another.
    Libs need racism. That is simply it.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Aug '22 13:071 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Libs need racism. That is simply it.
    Most racists are conservative. This allows them to see racism and yet do absolutely nothing about it. This is also why racism has become so systemic in America, and endemic in nature.

That is simply it.

I'm left wondering what this has to do with transgenderism, though.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Aug '22 13:10
    @kellyjay said
    Our culture is how we live with one another, what we accept and reject, our norms. I have no idea why you think racism and conservatives have to do with one another.
    You're kidding, right?
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Sep '22 04:334 edits
    @kilroy70 said
    Most of us are old enough (and perhaps smart enough) to know we were not assigned a gender at birth. My gender at birth was determined, not assigned.
    So just how dumb would someone need to be to not understand the difference?
    Too bad that despite your age and wisdom you have not learned that the Muellerian and Wolffian ducts do not always differentiate in the strictly binary ways that your culturally indoctrinated expectations might expect. But that is not the only aspect involved here.

If the physical expression follows its own course, why not also respect each person's wish to follow their own course?

Do you value the physical more than the spiritual?

Or do you oppose personal liberty?
  15. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    hicksville
    Moves
    02 Sep '22 01:22
    @kevin-eleven said
    Too bad that despite your age and wisdom you have not learned that the Muellerian and Wolffian ducts do not always differentiate in the strictly binary ways that your culturally indoctrinated expectations might expect. But that is not the only aspect involved here.

If the physical expression follows its own course, why not also respect each person's wish to follow the ...[text shortened]... course?

Do you value the physical more than the spiritual?

Or do you oppose personal liberty?
    YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree