1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Feb '22 04:04
    Not quite solitary, but I think there was only one other person in the theater when I saw David Lynch's "Inland Empire" at a local art-house theater.

But I really was the only viewer when I saw "Alien: Prometheus" at the local cineplex. How perfect to be all by myself as Michael Fassbinder's android was similarly passing time, waiting for the humans to wake up.
  2. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    17 Feb '22 12:01
    @Kevin-Eleven
    The last movie I watched in s theatre was Blair Witch Project
    I think that put me off films in theatres paying big bucks.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Feb '22 17:05
    @kevin-eleven said
    Not quite solitary, but I think there was only one other person in the theater when I saw David Lynch's "Inland Empire" at a local art-house theater.

But I really was the only viewer when I saw "Alien: Prometheus" at the local cineplex. How perfect to be all by myself as Michael Fassbinder's android was similarly passing time, waiting for the humans to wake up.
    It is nice to be all by oneself in a movie house. The latest experience of this kind for me was a recent showing 2 weeks ago of Death on the Nile (daytime matinee) Like it's 1978 counterpart, this edition stuck to the original story pretty well. The only bad news was in the filmmaker's headlong pursuit to cast members of every minority group on the planet in the rolls of wealthy American and European passengers on a luxury cruise ship in the early 20th century, who in reality were 98% white. The result was a group of actors saying all the right things, while looking completely out of place.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '22 04:041 edit
    @mchill said
    It is nice to be all by oneself in a movie house. The latest experience of this kind for me was a recent showing 2 weeks ago of Death on the Nile (daytime matinee) Like it's 1978 counterpart, this edition stuck to the original story pretty well. The only bad news was in the filmmaker's headlong pursuit to cast members of every minority group on the planet in the rolls of wealt ...[text shortened]... The result was a group of actors saying all the right things, while looking completely out of place.
    The remake of Murder on the Orient Express was just like that.

Late morning matinees are the way to go. No kids (school) and no parents (work).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree