Most overrated movie ever

Most overrated movie ever

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Nov 08

Originally posted by Beltaine
The Big Labowski. I just don't get what's supposed to be so funny about it or why it's such a cult film. It does nothing for me.
That rug really tied up the room, man.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Nov 08

Originally posted by Jamesqt
The Wheel of Tine series
Please!
I wouldn't even wipe my arse with the wheel of time series.

J

Moves
17 Nov 08

Those are all great books, in particular David Gemell's books and Sephen Kings Dark Tower series, but how many of the books you quoted would never have existed without LOTR paving the way? I point to the Shannara books and The Wheel of Time books in particular which (although enjoyable) are clear Tolkien ripoffs and as such are a pale shadow in comparison. LOTR is and will remain the original and the greatest book of the fantasy genre for all time.
It's true that Tolkien is the father of fantasy and that it's one of the most influential books ever written...it's just a pity theirs no surprises, or plot twists in the story and that Sauron doesn't say or really do anything himself in the book and that Sam is such a whinger!

Their's no copyright when it comes to plot so writers aren't actually doing anything wrong when they follow the formula set by somebody else, but only as long as their story does something a little differently and something original is added, and for me I welcome the fact that other writers don't spend as much time on descriptions that slow the story down

B

Moves
20 Mar 10

"As good as it Gets". Saw that with my wife and we both thought 'What the F was that we just saw and what was the point of it.' Hollywood critic types loved that piece of drek.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
20 Mar 10

Originally posted by shavixmir
Titanic wasn't bad.
😲

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Mar 10

Did ANYONE like 'the passion of Christ'?
Going back in the past, how bout that Sean Connery sleeper, Zardoz?
What about that 300 ghastly thing?

silicon valley

Moves
21 Mar 10

Originally posted by Bellow
"As good as it Gets". Saw that with my wife and we both thought 'What the F was that we just saw and what was the point of it.' Hollywood critic types loved that piece of drek.
See Jack Act.

silicon valley

Moves
21 Mar 10

!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_good_as_it_gets#Awards

Awards
Main article: List of awards and nominations received by As Good as It Gets

Wins

* Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role (Jack Nicholson)
* Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role (Helen Hunt)
* Golden Globe Award for Best Actress - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (Helen Hunt)
* Golden Globe Award for Best Actor - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (Jack Nicholson)
* Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy

[edit] Nominations

* Academy Award for Best Picture
* Academy Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Greg Kinnear)
* Academy Award for Writing Original Screenplay (Mark Andrus & James L. Brooks)
* Academy Award for Film Editing (Richard Marks)
* Academy Award for Original Music Score (Hans Zimmer)
* Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor - Motion Picture (Greg Kinnear)
* Golden Globe Award for Best Director - Motion Picture (James L. Brooks)
* Golden Globe Award for Writing Original Screenplay (Mark Andrus & James L. Brooks)
* MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance (Helen Hunt)

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Mar 10

Let me get this straight:
you wanted to talk about movies, and--- in lieu of starting your own thread--- you painstakingly spent countless hours, searching-searching-searching, finally finding something... way, way, back there... two years into the vault in order to add to this one?

Kudos to you, sir. I am speechless.

F

Moves
21 Mar 10

Kill Bill

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
21 Mar 10
1 edit

I'm on page 3 and I can't decide between Titanic, Matrix and Blair Witch Project. Let's see what else people have offered.

Nope, those are my top 3.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
21 Mar 10

Originally posted by shavixmir
Well... Tom Bombadil springs to mind. The film portrays wizards as either good or evil, but the book has the Maia not being such black/white characters. Tom Bombadil's character could have brought a much needed subtlety to the film.

The scouring of the Shire was missed. Especially poor since you did see it in Part I as an alternative future in Galadrie ...[text shortened]... t's true.
And I certainly agree it wasn't the most over-hyped film ever for what you got.
I was disappointed how the wizards were portrayed too, except for a few scenes: 1) Saruman giving a Charm speech 2) Gandalf glowing 3) Radagast the Brown being a messenger for Gandalf in the form of a moth (did you realize this? I didn't at first).

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I was disappointed how the wizards were portrayed too, except for a few scenes: 1) Saruman giving a Charm speech 2) Gandalf glowing 3) Radagast the Brown being a messenger for Gandalf in the form of a moth (did you realize this? I didn't at first).
Clue: read the post three above yours, from yours truly.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
21 Mar 10

Yes, well I can see that you're using langauge in a way that the central character in the film would, but how is that funny? This is what I just don't get. People who like the movie probably laughed out loud when they read what you wrote, but I just can't see what's so funny.
It lampoons lazy stoner Southern California dudes, Germans, right wing macho Jews, feminists...and The Jesus is just hilarious!!!

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
21 Mar 10

Caddyshack
Blues Brothers
Star Wars
American Pie
Zoolander