03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 May '22 17:021 edit

Removed by poster

2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 May '22 04:35
    Remember the good old days when everyone used to accuse Metallica of this stuff.
    The winning clan in this challenge is Breaking Bad.
    Note also that one player had his opponent resign 2 games after 7 moves.
    Which basically handed the challenge over.
  3. Joined
    01 Jan '17
    Moves
    11 May '22 08:24

Removed by poster

4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 May '22 14:52
    Another guide to the health of the system could be the "last challenge" date but I am unsure what this actually represents.Does it mean the date the clan issued a challenge,or the date a challenge was actually started?
    If it means the date a clan issued a challenge it's a bit pointless as a lot of potential challenges are never taken on,but remain on the list for a long time,if not for ever.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 May '22 15:292 edits
    @mghrn55 said
    Remember the good old days when everyone used to accuse Metallica of this stuff.
    The winning clan in this challenge is Breaking Bad.
    Note also that one player had his opponent resign 2 games after 7 moves.
    Which basically handed the challenge over.
    I remember when I was on the way out the door I still had a lot of games I was playing for Metallica, I won many of those, some against my new Clan. It is well known I was never FOR people being in different clans. It makes one wonder where there true loyalty really does lay. I couldn't figure out in the end how many I had really won for my new clan (Breaking Bad) and my old clan (Metallica) In Metallica we were guilty of players leaving and still making moves, only in most cases I don't think it was to another Clan, if so it would have been very rare.
    Sometimes challenges can take a very long time to finish up because people are intentionally holding it up even though their game is lost. I guess we will never see perfection.

Perhaps a rule be made when it comes to clan challenges that you can only be in one clan? It didn't go over very big last time it was discussed, maybe times have changed?

-VR
  6. Victor, New York
    Moves
    12 May '22 05:14
    @Very-Rusty The system has never allowed me to make a challenge using a player that is in both clans. I’m guessing the March mentioned had a player moving from one clan to another after the match started.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 May '22 17:042 edits
    @lstcyr,
    I believe you are correct as that what seems to have happened with me when I moved to Breaking Bad
    I was getting points for Metallica while on my way out the door after I started with Breaking Bad or at least I think I was. I think it happened from games that were being drug out. I have no idea how they keep track of points when they have players on different Clans as I've always been on just one at time. You may know more about this than I do. I really couldn't tell what points were for Metallica and what points were for Breaking Bad.

-VR
  8. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    12 May '22 18:09
    @lstcyr said
    @Very-Rusty The system has never allowed me to make a challenge using a player that is in both clans. I’m guessing the March mentioned had a player moving from one clan to another after the match started.
    Maybe if you have active games against a clan that you are joining those games should automatically be wins for your old clan?
    Maybe all games played against your new clan in the current year, should be changed to become wins for your old clan, or those challenges should become void with all points removed, so the new clan can't benefit from anything you were involved in?
    Maybe it shouldn't be possible to be in two clans in the same year?
    Whichever way, the current situation makes the clan ladder meaningless.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 May '22 18:452 edits
    @relentless-red removed their quoted post
    I believe this is one of those similar to mine when I was with Metallica and then joined "Breaking Bad"
    LKIERA was playing for CCP then Joined "Breaking Bad". It was one of the on going games I believe.

-VR
  10. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    12 May '22 21:25
    @very-rusty said
    I believe this is one of those similar to mine when I was with Metallica and then joined "Breaking Bad"
    LKIERA was playing for CCP then Joined "Breaking Bad". It was one of the on going games I believe.

-VR
    I looked at six ongoing games, five timeouts plus this one. Three different challenges scoring 40 points for Breaking Bad in total.

Although there are in fact more than just those three challenges that are dodgy if you search.
  11. Standard memberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    12 May '22 23:22
    @very-rusty said
    I remember when I was on the way out the door I still had a lot of games I was playing for Metallica, I won many of those, some against my new Clan. It is well known I was never FOR people being in different clans. It makes one wonder where there true loyalty really does lay. I couldn't figure out in the end how many I had really won for my new clan (Breaking Bad) and my o ...[text shortened]... n one clan? It didn't go over very big last time it was discussed, maybe times have changed?

-VR
    I like that Idea. It would solve some problems. Great Idea in my humble opinion.
  12. Standard memberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    12 May '22 23:31
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    There is a page where a leader can see where a player is playing for more then one clan and still see where the points are going. You just have to look for that page. If I can find the link I will post it. Bill, when you came in, I knew which points went to Metallica and which ones went to BB. I could probably go back and find it. Unless I am way off. But I am fairly sure I know where the page is.
  13. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 May '22 09:151 edit
    @relentless-red removed their quoted post
    As you're the leader of the Liverpool clan do you insist your players only play in one clan?
    Majority of your players play in 2 3 or 4 clans.
    You pick one game where a queen is hung.
    Have you never done that?
    Could be worse some clans might have 63% of players taking performance boosting drugs.
    Sorry I mean have asthma ....😃😃😃😃

One of your players also plays for breaking bad.
    Not sure what point your trying to make.
    Doomed is a bit over the top.
  14. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    13 May '22 09:51
    @roma45 said
    As you're the leader of the Liverpool clan do you insist your players only play in one clan?
    Majority of your players play in 2 3 or 4 clans.
    You pick one game where a queen is hung.
    Have you never done that?
    Could be worse some clans might have 63% of players taking performance boosting drugs.
    Sorry I mean have asthma ....😃😃😃😃

One of your players also plays for breaking bad.
    Not sure what point your trying to make.
    Doomed is a bit over the top.
    You're conveniently ignoring the other five games that all timeout.
    This is so blatant that defending it just makes it look worse.

I want a rule that applies to all clans the same, if I make a rule that only applies to Liverpool then all I get is no clan members. It would be deserted like a home game at St Johnstone. 😃😉

Being serious though, I am a relatively new clan leader in a system that is winding down. If you don't get a fair fight I think it will fade and die. I don't see why anybody would take it up in the current form. I only took it on because the Liverpool clan had a blue banner which needed fixing.
  15. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 May '22 10:24
    @relentless-red said
    You're conveniently ignoring the other five games that all timeout.
    This is so blatant that defending it just makes it look worse.

I want a rule that applies to all clans the same, if I make a rule that only applies to Liverpool then all I get is no clan members. It would be deserted like a home game at St Johnstone. 😃😉

Being serious though, I am a relatively ne ...[text shortened]... ent form. I only took it on because the Liverpool clan had a blue banner which needed fixing.
    The player involved has lost 1061 games by timeouts.
    But you have a problem with 5 games.
    Perhaps the player you are accusing has more real life issues to deal with than make sure he moves in time to keep you happy..😃😃😃😃.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree