1. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 00:34
    Despite arguments and disagreements I pray and hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas and a wonderful time with their family today, and as we go forward a Happy New Year and a better year as each year goes by.

Time goes by really fast and we lose people and our children grow up fast, so I hope everyone makes use of all the time you have. Even the one's who hate me, I hope all of you, everyone is happy now and going forward.

All my best everyone. 🙂

Michael
    Breaking Bad Clan
  2. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 01:06
    @VESPIN
    2022 was certainly your year but how did you manage to lose 540 games via timeout?
  3. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 03:33
    @my2sons said
    @VESPIN
    2022 was certainly your year but how did you manage to lose 540 games via timeout?
    That also explains my rating. I've been on here 14 years I believe? In the beginning I had no clue what I was doing so I had a ton of timeouts. Then when I learned I got sick, Cancer, Along with the one kidney I do have is in stage 3 kidney disease. Basically I got sick and and I could not keep up with over 100 games. So another ton of timeouts. I think I had two timeouts recently, but beyond that, it's been a few years since I had a time out.

I wish I had been healthy, but people did not wait they took the skull. So now I don't wait either.

We had a great year and an amazing team. We could have hit 1500 plus in points easy. We held them back.

I know of you, and you are an amazing chess talent. Hope to play your clan soon.

Happy New Year my friend.

Michael
    screen name Vespin
    Breaking Bad Clan
  4. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    27 Dec '22 00:06
    @my2sons said
    @VESPIN
    Well it shows you how dumb I am. I remember asking you to join my clan. I know who you are and watched your games. I just never looked at your team.

But I laugh now thinking back when I asked you to join my team. That is the great thing about your team, Mike has everyone on the same page, and each of you is as loyal as one can get. I know this because if any of you were not, they would be gone.

Happy New Year my friend.

Michael 🙂
  5. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 20:151 edit
    bit late to the party, hope all you clan player geezers had a good xmas and have a good new years eve planned, mine will involve too much alcohol as usual and probably not see much of new years day, so congrats to Breaking Bad for an amazing year and on to 2023 and whatever that brings
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 22:46
    @sands-al said
    bit late to the party, hope all you clan player geezers had a good xmas and have a good new years eve planned, mine will involve too much alcohol as usual and probably not see much of new years day, so congrats to Breaking Bad for an amazing year and on to 2023 and whatever that brings
    All the best in the New Year to you and yours Al.

I imagine we will be looking at Metallica's butt for most of the year, but then anything can happen as we all know.

All the best to your Clan as well.

-VR
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    31 Dec '22 00:57
    @sands-al said
    Thank you Al! It was very kind of you. I really do appreciate it. Rusty is correct. We won't win next year. But we will be making lots of changes, one coming up in one day.

After this year of changes I believe 2024 will be our year. For sure starting that year we will be in the hunt for the cup yearly.

I need one season to make the changes I need and then we will be like the Drunken Pawns for so many years where they were close to winning it every year second only to Metallica.

But we have to make the changes first and then go after the championship year after year. No clue if we will win but we will be in the thick of things and in the hunt for the championship. Our players pulled off miracles and worked hard.

We had some important players bring in the points.

Happy New Year to everyone and stay safe and healthy. Despite the arguing I would like to personally wish Metallica, Players, Shortcircuit and Mghrn55 Happy Holiday's and a safe and healthy new year.

All my best.
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    31 Dec '22 01:001 edit
    @sands-al said
    But then again I did not think we would win this year either. So next year is still up for grabs. 😉 Staying Positive really helps!!!
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Dec '22 14:091 edit
    @vespin said
    But then again I did not think we would win this year either. So next year is still up for grabs. 😉 Staying Positive really helps!!!
    I concur, next year is still up for grabs. We should have saved more points for next year, but it may not matter with all the on going challenges we have going and new ones you made up and the additions you have made to our Clan this year. Job well done VESPIN, no one can take that away from you! Even members who left deserve some credit in the year we had as they got points also for us.

-VR
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    31 Dec '22 15:02
    Happy New Year to all ......
    If I make a wish for the new year, it is that we get more people and clans participating in this very nice feature.

I had heard somewhere that this site was the only one that had anything like this.
    We should endeavor to support this feature.
    While there are some who want to overhaul this feature, I maintain that the general good will aspect of the clan feature is attractive.
    And it just has to be policed from time to time.
    It is nice to know that the last few years have been played cleanly.
    And to the trash talk, it shouldn't bother anyone. We all log in and log off.
    There is nothing personal at the end of the day.

Happy New Year to all.
  11. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    31 Dec '22 20:22
    @mghrn55 happy new year!

the clan feature is probably the only reason i still use this site rather than another chess site, always been for me the best thing about RHP, though i do like a good tournie also!
  12. Badlands
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 12:20
    @mghrn55 said
    Happy New Year to all ......
    If I make a wish for the new year, it is that we get more people and clans participating in this very nice feature.

I had heard somewhere that this site was the only one that had anything like this.
    We should endeavor to support this feature.
    While there are some who want to overhaul this feature, I maintain that the general good will aspec ...[text shortened]... ll log in and log off.
    There is nothing personal at the end of the day.

Happy New Year to all.
    "It is nice to know that the last few years have been played cleanly"

😂😂😂😂😂
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 18:29
    @mghrnss said

😂😂😂😂😂
    How would you know?
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '23 19:43
    @mghrnss said

😂😂😂😂😂
    Let me know when you settle on a more permanent usercode.
    You have been running around with at least a dozen over the years.
    Old Indian, Patzering, Booger have come to mind.
    Choosing a name that closely mimics my code that I have had for 13 years is amusing.
    Seems to indicate a deep seeded obsession in there somewhere.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree