Site update scheduled 3rd October.

Site update scheduled 3rd October.

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
07 Oct 18

I was taught "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but the change in site format seems to have fallen victim to the mania among many IT people to "upgrade" every couple of years. In this case I can see no advantage whatsoever in the new site. It is just change for the sake of change. And a nuisance to users who have to learn their way round the new format.

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
07 Oct 18

Hi Russ,
With regards to my previous post...

I can get used to the game icons (clans, tournaments etc.) not standing out so clearly with the update.

However, the profile "header" pics simply don't work and are not viewable.

Please could the new "header" pics possibly be reverted back to profile pics,
which are clearly and wholly viewable on ones profile page?

Thanks,

p.s. this is a standalone issue for me, everything else is most welcomed,
particularly staying on the same page after archiving games.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Oct 18
3 edits

@coquette said
The ladders are gone from the menu bar. ????
Ladders are under the community menu, where they have always been.

The short cut icon ( "hot icon" ) is removed on smaller displays though, when only a sub-set of the icons are shown.

Moves
08 Oct 18

@moonbus said
A subscription, or an adblocker, will fix that.
I've said this before - a subscription wouldn't bring me much, and with Russ' prompt reactions I refuse to adblock this site. "Fraud" is unwarranted, given the proven dangers of not having an ad blocker on the 'net in general, but this site is an exception.

p

Moves
08 Oct 18

I'm having this problem as well with my Android. Has it been addressed? Analyze is pretty useless without this function. I play mostly on my phone..

Erro Ergo Sum

In the Green Room

Moves
08 Oct 18

>Are the correct move numbers in the Game Log going to be restored? Currently, the move numbers are all wrong and don't make any sense.
>It would also be nice if the images of the game icons were bolder, because they are now very light and hard to see.

p

Moves
08 Oct 18

I'm having this problem as well with my Android. Has it been addressed? Analyze is pretty useless without this function. I play mostly on my phone..

Moves
08 Oct 18

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
08 Oct 18

Updates in response to last week's release will be going live throughout the week starting tomorrow.

Demon Barber

Fleet Street

Moves
09 Oct 18

I changed my "header profile" pic to one that better fitted the space and now it seems fine. My previous picture looked awful in the new sizing before I changed it.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Oct 18
1 edit

@benjamin-barker said My previous picture looked awful in the new sizing before I changed it.
...and it looks great too! 👍

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Oct 18

@attilathehorn said
In the Game Log, the move numbers don't make any sense now. They are not the correct move numbers.
This issue has now been fixed.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Oct 18

@aow said
When the analyse tab opens, the arrow buttons to skip between moves are at a fixed point below the board (they used to hover at the bottom of the screen).
This has been reinstated.

A

Moves
09 Oct 18

@Russ

Thanks! Tested and working fine.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Oct 18

@russ said
I suspect this is the result of using the "display zoom" mode on IOS. This will be investigated, but turning off display zoom should resolve the issue for now.
iPhone SE and iOS "zooomed" display users should now have improved layout rendering on their device.