1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 14:00
    This will result in a brief outage (minutes) whilst the upgrade takes place early tomorrow morning GMT. A new blog post regarding the minor UI changes is available here.

Blog Post 398
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 05:03
    Now live. Outage lasted approx 8 minutes, so no timeout suspension will be in place.
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 05:55
    Hi. Love the site. Long time member.

Was this a massive site change? So many changes I am not sure where to begin. Mostly I like it. But Conditional Moves seems very broken. I launch it and the board is blank. I hit Reset... and the pieces appear. I can move an opponent's piece but not make a move of my own.

I use Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop and the browser is up to date. However I checked and it works on IE.

Sam.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 06:01
    It was a large number of modifications rolled up into one release.

I'll take a look at your issue, hopefully this will be addressed within the next few hours depending on the priority of other problems.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 06:19
    Text is noticeably crisper and more legible. Thumbs up/down now color coded, is nice. Good show.

I am using Safari 10.1.2 on a big monitor. Will test on mobile devices and give you feedback there, too.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 06:231 edit
    An issue with image uploads remains and is now being resolved.

edit: Now fixed.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 06:49
    Russ, there are some text alignment issues in iPhone. I can send you screenshots, if you wish; send me your email-address by PM.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 06:56
    @moonbus said
    Russ, there are some text alignment issues in iPhone. I can send you screenshots, if you wish; send me your email-address by PM.
    Done, thanks.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 06:592 edits
    @russ said
    Done, thanks.
    "Analyse game" feature no longer shows pieces captured (as previously) on the big monitor, but does show in iPhone.

EDIT: correction: captured pieces DO show, they're just in a different place now.

Screenshots on the way momentarily.

EDIT 2: edits now show up in color!
  10. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 07:291 edit
    Very much liking the new look Russ at first glance. Would do the green/yellow 'crossed swords' and 'globe' symbols denote to the left of each current game? Do they distinguish between Challenge and Open Invite games? Thanks.

FW
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 07:342 edits
    @flyingwolf said
    Very much liking the new look Russ at first glance. Would do the green/yellow 'crossed swords' and 'globe' symbols denote to the left of each current game? Do they distinguish between Challenge and Open Invite games? Thanks.

FW
    Pleased to hear you like it. Check the "Legend" at the bottom of the "My Games" page. All icons are explained.

But you were right in both cases. 🙂
  12. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 07:36
    @sammyj said
    Hi. Love the site. Long time member.

Was this a massive site change? So many changes I am not sure where to begin. Mostly I like it. But Conditional Moves seems very broken. I launch it and the board is blank. I hit Reset... and the pieces appear. I can move an opponent's piece but not make a move of my own.

I use Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop and the browser is up to date. However I checked and it works on IE.

Sam.
    Similar problems for me too.....
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 07:40
    I'll be looking at this issue shortly.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 08:38
    Email notifications have been delayed, but will be delivered shortly.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 08:441 edit
    Now testing on iPad, iOS 11.3.1. No text misalignment issues, as on iPhone 6S above. Seems to be resolved with better screen resolution.

EDIT: just tested: text misalignment and overlap issues identical on iPhone 8 as on 6S.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree