Game moderator vote II

Game moderator vote II

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
20 Mar 08

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Thanks for your interest Tony, as for me it isn't personal, and in fact I am interested in finding out why anyone would think it was. When someone is running for the position of game moderator. There is much to consider, including ones temperament. Saying it is personal doesn't make it so. For instance, when running for a political office it isn't off l ...[text shortened]... here. But character is important, and leads people to think and wonder about certain issues.
Let's cut the crap. We both know you already cast your votes, and that this silly bickering has nothing to do with who you want to check the site's suspected engine users. It blows my mind when people bicker on this site over stupid crap. The bottom line regarding the game mods is that Russ and Chris will probably select people for sure that were already in, and if they deem it necessary to get more, they will ask them who they think is qualified, maybe consulting the votes. But you could easily go back and see the type of posts I'm talking about. Some of this is related, and some is just stupid name calling and insulting when the argument gets heated.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
Let's cut the crap. We both know you already cast your votes, and that this silly bickering has nothing to do with who you want to check the site's suspected engine users. It blows my mind when people bicker on this site over stupid crap. The bottom line regarding the game mods is that Russ and Chris will probably select people for sure that were already in is related, and some is just stupid name calling and insulting when the argument gets heated.
You can correct me if I am wrong, but I think that Votes still can be changed, there was a feature there to that?....I don't think that Moderators should ever engage in silly arguements in threads, Or ever take sides, but in the real world it does occur, of course I don't have to tell you that, you see it also.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
20 Mar 08

Let's cut the crap. We both know you already cast your votes, and that this silly bickering has nothing to do with who you want to check the site's suspected engine users. It blows my mind when people bicker on this site over stupid crap. The bottom line regarding the game mods is that Russ and Chris will probably select people for sure that were already in ...[text shortened]... is related, and some is just stupid name calling and insulting when the argument gets heated.
Actually it does...in a sense...and yes the votes can be modified...I modified mine last night because i saw that the three who are so far out in the lead...didn't really need my paltry vote...so took one back and gave it to whom I thought would make the best 6th candidate.

But temprament does come to play in this. This is one of the reasons I never put myself up for it...although i could do it...would have to buy a program...but at times I could see myself letting personal feelings cloud my judgement and that would not be fair.

The people i voted for i feel would do the job without passion or prejudice...that includes you Big Daddy...but others I feel would use it as a personal vendetta.

That mentality scares alot of people...and they should be scared.

Cause if I see that going on...I would rather just play poker online.

Dave

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
20 Mar 08

Originally posted by nmdavidb
Actually it does...in a sense...and yes the votes can be modified...I modified mine last night because i saw that the three who are so far out in the lead...didn't really need my paltry vote...so took one back and gave it to whom I thought would make the best 6th candidate.

But temprament does come to play in this. This is one of the reasons I never put ...[text shortened]... uld be scared.

Cause if I see that going on...I would rather just play poker online.

Dave
Yes, votes can be modified, but for instance, has any of the guff between you, no1, and cashthetrash, clarified anything? I think prior to his volunteering for the game mods, people knew he was a bit of a hothead, and chances are, neither you or cashthetrash voted for him, or are going to change your votes in any way to reflect the happenings in the latest postings of this thread. That's my point, not that some of this doesn't matter. I'm gonna stop the bickering I'm doing here now to avoid looking like a huge hypocrite. 🙂

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
20 Mar 08

Yes, votes can be modified, but for instance, has any of the guff between you, no1, and cashthetrash, clarified anything? I think prior to his volunteering for the game mods, people knew he was a bit of a hothead, and chances are, neither you or cashthetrash voted for him, or are going to change your votes in any way to reflect the happenings in the latest ...[text shortened]... . I'm gonna stop the bickering I'm doing here now to avoid looking like a huge hypocrite. 🙂
Good points Tony...I'm done as well

Dave

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Mar 08

Yes, votes can be modified, but for instance, has any of the guff between you, no1, and cashthetrash, clarified anything? I think prior to his volunteering for the game mods, people knew he was a bit of a hothead, and chances are, neither you or cashthetrash voted for him, or are going to change your votes in any way to reflect the happenings in the latest ...[text shortened]... . I'm gonna stop the bickering I'm doing here now to avoid looking like a huge hypocrite. 🙂
"Hothead" or not, the idea that I would falsely accuse someone of engine use because of some personal vendetta on an internet chess site is laughable. A few users are projecting their own attitudes onto others.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
20 Mar 08

Good idea, while you are at it, how about going back and counting the insults and your votes.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
20 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
"Hothead" or not, the idea that I would falsely accuse someone of engine use because of some personal vendetta on an internet chess site is laughable. A few users are projecting their own attitudes onto others.
I never said you would, and frankly, I don't think you would, but I think it can be clearly seen that you have a bit of a mean streak, although I can relate, since I have a bit of the Italian temper gene myself.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
20 Mar 08

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Good idea, while you are at it, how about going back and counting the insults and your votes.
I don't really want to wade through the 17 pages of posts here. Frankly I have no idea what my votes have to do with any of this. I wouldn't mind you expounding on your post such that a feeble minded dude like myself can get at what you mean and defend myself. 😀

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Mar 08

I never said you would, and frankly, I don't think you would, but I think it can be clearly seen that you have a bit of a mean streak, although I can relate, since I have a bit of the Italian temper gene myself.
I suspect a "mean streak" might be a good thing to have in chess; how many people were as vicious as Fischer (OTB and away from the board?). I've been a little too nice OTB about accepting draws when I had an advantage.

Anyway, I wasn't attributing that belief to you, but was responding to that claim by others.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Mar 08

I've been blind sided! Italian? I thought you were Irish.

P-

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
20 Mar 08

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
20 Mar 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I've been blind sided! Italian? I thought you were Irish.

P-
Ironically, I'm both. 🙂 When I grow a goatee, it's part red, which, I gotta tell you, is pretty damn weird.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
20 Mar 08
1 edit

I don't really want to wade through the 17 pages of posts here. Frankly I have no idea what my votes have to do with any of this. I wouldn't mind you expounding on your post such that a feeble minded dude like myself can get at what you mean and defend myself. 😀
Let's both cut the crap, I'm not sure forum mods make good chess mods. Now don't take that personal, but censorship at this point does not bode well, in my book. Nor does threats when you set about all day reading the personal insults thrown at me and did nothing. Thank you for changing my mind.

N

The sky

Moves
20 Mar 08

Ironically, I'm both. 🙂 When I grow a goatee, it's part red, which, I gotta tell you, is pretty damn weird.
And the other parts are white and green?