1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 19:151 edit
    Can someone help me understand.

Live tournament.

Player A won't make any moves against me, but finds the time to resign against someone else after 1 MOVE.

Game 12786410

edit: other guy resigned, but somethin' ain't right.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 15:27
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Can someone help me understand.

Live tournament.

Player A won't make any moves against me, but finds the time to resign against someone else after 1 MOVE.

Game 12786410

edit: other guy resigned, but somethin' ain't right.
    There could be a number of reasons for the resignation.
    One possible explanation is the player he resigned against is known to him as a sandbagger or engine user.
    Whatever the reason, I doubt it is anything with time or not moving in your game.
  3. Joined
    21 Jan '13
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 06:38
    Originally posted by @venda
    There could be a number of reasons for the resignation.
    One possible explanation is the player he resigned against is known to him as a sandbagger or engine user.
    Whatever the reason, I doubt it is anything with time or not moving in your game.
    He resigned both his games against that player, but played out all other games in the tourney. Bad blood, perhaps.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 18:371 edit
    It's my first tourney. I guess I'm learning how things work. The worst rated person in the tournament made lax moves in both our games and I played right into it... then suddenly he played flawlessly like that of someone rated 400 points higher, and swept me. My fault, but... it was either a total sandbag job or an engine. Anyway, I'll remember it when I enter my next tourney.

Thanks for the feedback

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree