1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Dec '21 05:432 edits
    In most sports, even though the men outperform the women, women in most professional sports still utterly dwarf average males.

For example, Serena can't beat male tennis stars but would slaughter 90 percent of amateur males. Female track stars can't win against men but would smoke most dudes on the planet.

The WNBA isn't like that. The skill level in the WNBA is so low that you could safely bet your life savings on a boys high school basketball team to beat the best WNBA team. Give me on hour and I could find a random guy on a basketball court who would be a superstar if he played in the WNBA.

My opinion: WNBA players don't make enough money to focus solely on their sport like most professional athletes do. WNBA players need a second income which drastically takes away from the time they spend perfecting their skills.

There are WNBA players who have to go overseas to countries like Russia, where they can make more money than they do in the WNBA. In short, in order to make enough money to dedicate their lives to the sport like male players do, WNBA players, at minimum, must uproot their lives and travel to different countries just to make ends meet.

WNBA players, as far as I can tell, simply don't get the sponsorship that other female athletes get, resulting in amateurish levels of skill that would lose to non-pro men.

MMA fighter Amanda Nunez could probably kick the ass of any guy on this forum. Venus Williams would embarrass any non-pro tennis player, male or female. But the WNBA? Can't say the same for any of their players.
  2. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    28 Dec '21 12:03
    @vivify

Soon all female sports will be tranny dudes. 🤔
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '21 14:58
    I was at a girls basketball game, small school high school game. I was irritated as t watching them play and it finally dawned on me why...

They were all running around flat footed, when they ran it was always heel to toe.

If you think this is only natural, then you are not an athlete.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '21 03:50
    @eladar said
    I was at a girls basketball game, small school high school game. I was irritated as t watching them play and it finally dawned on me why...

They were all running around flat footed, when they ran it was always heel to toe.

If you think this is only natural, then you are not an athlete.
    And you are?

Funniest thing I heard all day.
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    30 Dec '21 15:20
    I love women's basketball. For at least two reasons, the second is much larger than the first:
    1. The game of basketball is so fast at the NBA level that I can't see plays develop. In WNBA you can watch the team actually RUN A FREAKING PLAY! It's a beautiful game at that speed, instead of just one great athletic move after another like the NBA.

2. My granddaughter is only 11 years old, and has played competitive basketball for five years. She plays year-round, it is her only sport. ESPECIALLY for her age, she is incredibly talented. She currently plays in a recreation league, but will play on a national AAU team starting in early 2022. I travel to all her games and tourneys, and take her to occasional collegiate and WNBA games to watch some of her favorite players. We have a blast on those road trips.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '21 17:48
    @suzianne said
    And you are?

Funniest thing I heard all day.
    Yes I was. A guy who is 6 foot 3 weighs 260 pounds with a 4.9 40 can get a scholarship at a small college to play football. I was on the all conference team.

But hey, you are an athletic nothing so you would have no clue about what I am talking about.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '21 17:49
    @liljo said
    I love women's basketball. For at least two reasons, the second is much larger than the first:
    1. The game of basketball is so fast at the NBA level that I can't see plays develop. In WNBA you can watch the team actually RUN A FREAKING PLAY! It's a beautiful game at that speed, instead of just one great athletic move after another like the NBA.

2. My granddaughter is only 1 ...[text shortened]... ollegiate and WNBA games to watch some of her favorite players. We have a blast on those road trips.
    Your grand daughter will not be able to compete, assuming your granddaughter is actually a female, not a trans.
  8. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    31 Dec '21 17:52
    @eladar said
    Your grand daughter will not be able to compete, assuming your granddaughter is actually a female, not a trans.
    Well, thank you for your input. Have a nice day.

And yes, where I come from, when we use the word "granddaughter" we are talking about a female.
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '21 18:28
    @eladar said
    You're so cIever EIder
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '21 18:591 edit
    @eladar said
    Yes I was. A guy who is 6 foot 3 weighs 260 pounds with a 4.9 40 can get a scholarship at a small college to play football. I was on the all conference team.

But hey, you are an athletic nothing so you would have no clue about what I am talking about.
    Yeah, you keep thinking that, cowboy.

It fits in well with all your other stupid thoughts.

Football scholarship. Enough said.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '21 19:00
    @eladar said
    Here you go, here's one of them right now, right on schedule.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '21 19:01
    @liljo said

2. My granddaughter is only 1 ...[text shortened]... ollegiate and WNBA games to watch some of her favorite players. We have a blast on those road trips.
    Good for you to support her like that. It's so important at that age.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '21 20:01
    @eladar said
    I was at a girls basketball game, small school high school game.
    I'm sure you were. Many, many times. Tongue down on your shoes.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '21 20:03
    @suzianne said
    Football scholarship.
    Why is that even a thing?

Yet another case of "USA, stop getting things wrong!"
  15. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    31 Dec '21 20:11
    @suzianne said
    Good for you to support her like that. It's so important at that age.
    Thanks. I wouldn't miss a game...shoot, I don't even miss practices!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree