Stop bashing USA sports

Stop bashing USA sports

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

my island

Moves
24 Jun 07

Originally posted by Red Night
The english took baseball out of the olympics?
the ioc voted to take it out, not sure if its in china 08 or not though but softball and baseball are out of 2012.

after thinking about it though how many games of baseball or softball are actually watched my a decent tv audience in the olympics? maybe the gold medal matches? its not worth having it in the olympics without the top players.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Jun 07

Originally posted by trevor33
the ioc voted to take it out, not sure if its in china 08 or not though but softball and baseball are out of 2012.

after thinking about it though how many games of baseball or softball are actually watched my a decent tv audience in the olympics? maybe the gold medal matches? its not worth having it in the olympics without the top players.
I agree that without the top players it probably isn't worth while.

Who won the last olympic gold medal? Was it greece?

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
24 Jun 07

Baseball is a world sport. It is played in the Olympics.
Bloody skipping, yo-yoing and jumping bloody hoops is played at the olympics as well.

That means so much sqaut-diddly that you've lost all the meagre credibility you had remaining!

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
24 Jun 07
1 edit

Originally posted by trevor33
have a clue before you comment.

[b]The only reason people have ever heard of Ruth in Europe is from watching films, in which he gets mentioned.
Same as Joe D'Maggio...a name in a Simon and Garfunkel song.

not true but i couldn't find the ratings to prove it.

The fact of the matter is that:
Baseball
American Rugby (Football my arse)
Bas g their arse while watching a soccer (😛) game.

btw boringness? wtf is that?
[/b]Of course all of these sports are played in Europe.
In Holland some people still pull eels and in Scotland they still throw tree-trunks around. Just because some people play them doesn't make them "popular", "interesting" or "any good what-so-ever".

Babe Ruth and Dimaggio are only known from the sources I've mentioned. Everyone who I know who likes sports (with one notable exception) doesn't watch any of the games.
I hardly watch even soccer or rugby (unless England's playing... I want them to lose... yes, mine is a world of hatred), never mind any other crap (with cricket coming just before suicide).

I have no idea what boringness is either, but it sure as hell sounds cool.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
25 Jun 07

Originally posted by shavixmir
Of course all of these sports are played in Europe.
In Holland some people still pull eels and in Scotland they still throw tree-trunks around. Just because some people play them doesn't make them "popular", "interesting" or "any good what-so-ever".

Babe Ruth and Dimaggio are only known from the sources I've mentioned. Everyone who I know who lik ...[text shortened]... icide).

I have no idea what boringness is either, but it sure as hell sounds cool.[/b]
I think you have truly made your point when you indicated that:

1. you don't like sports
2. you don't watch sports
3. your friends don't like sports
4. your friends don't watch sports.

Needless to say, with those credentials, your opinion carries special import in a sports discussion.

c

Moves
25 Jun 07

New insights into why you fellows over there in the land of fog are so confused. You must have your own books & internet filled with all sorts of mistaken propaganda.

The First World Cup was held in 1930 and won by Uruguay. (The US finished 3rd.) England only made it to the semis once, the year they won 1966.

The World Cup is held every 4 years, ...[text shortened]... ell you, but Scott didn't make it to the pole first. Amundsen beat him. Scott froze to death.
LMAO, that first paragraph is quality.

c

Moves
25 Jun 07

Ok, the USA has suffered a ton of criticism for not having a good soccer team - one that "HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER WIN A WORLD CUP" blah blah blah...

Now, how many people criticising USA's soccer team are from:

Brazil, Italy, Germany, Uruguay, Argentina, or France? Because, those are really the only countries that can brag about having great football nations as far as World Cup numbers are concerned. After all, they are the only nations that have ever even won a world cup - excluding Englan who one a World Cup 41 years ago - 41 years and you still brag about being great?

Get over yourselves, you guys make ridiculous claims that America copies other nations because we're only some 400 odd years old (BTW, this big land mass that I'm sitting on has been here longer than that...and there were people here for longer than that as well - just not English, which, from your perspective probably constitutes an animal rather than a person.) when you guys play the EXACT same sports as other nations play - isn't that emulation?

But it's ok, we all get it, England feels threatened by the greatness of America, and so you guys take stabs at anything you can get your hands on...America's "age", our sports, the language that we "stole" (Once again, the language that USED to be here was forcefully replaced with English and adapted into American English - maybe the English history books leave that bit out), and sometimes our diversity (this is bad?). In any case, I've heard plenty of America-bashing from stupid and ignorant English citizens to think you guys have any objectivity.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
25 Jun 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Trouble is though it shows that he is actually out of touch with the rest of the world and probably gets his facts from his local TV. England isn't foggy. At least no more foggy than anywhere else. I presume he refers to the pollution that used to plague London during the birth of the Industrial Revolution long since cleaned up.

Personally I don't give a rat's nether regions for how good the England football team; I got sick of footy years ago. I also believe the US will win a world cup someday. They are a much, much better team than they used to be.

For me, I just don't understand why the US sports protect the players from a little pain so much. Your football players look like the Michelin man and even the baseball players wear great big gloves in case they hurt their pinkies. I think that's where the derision comes from.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
25 Jun 07

In any case, I've heard plenty of America-bashing from stupid and ignorant English citizens to think you guys have any objectivity.
Is that why you've decided to post a stupid and ignorant post bashing England?

Ok, then.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
25 Jun 07

Ok, the USA has suffered a ton of criticism for not having a good soccer team - one that "HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER WIN A WORLD CUP" blah blah blah...

Brazil, Italy, Germany, Uruguay, Argentina, or France? Because, those are really the only countries that can brag about having great footbal ...[text shortened]... g from stupid and ignorant English citizens to think you guys have any objectivity.
I just can't understand where America's infamous negative stereotype stems from!

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
25 Jun 07

😀

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
25 Jun 07

Brazil, Italy, Germany, Uruguay, Argentina, or France? Because, those are really the only countries that can brag about having great footbal ...[text shortened]... g from stupid and ignorant English citizens to think you guys have any objectivity.
Well said CMSMaster.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
25 Jun 07

I think you have truly made your point when you indicated that:

1. you don't like sports
2. you don't watch sports
3. your friends don't like sports
4. your friends don't watch sports.

Needless to say, with those credentials, your opinion carries special import in a sports discussion.
Funnily enough, a referee is also an objective entity...

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
25 Jun 07

Originally posted by shavixmir
Funnily enough, a referee is also an objective entity...
quite

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
27 Jun 07

Football - A Simpsons view: