Stop bashing USA sports

Stop bashing USA sports

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
11 Jun 07
3 edits

See, the problem here is that Europe thinks of itself as Europe the continent, and not as the individual countries that are Europe. Are these people making it a Europe (continent) vs. USA (country)? Or is it their country vs the USA? If they want to make it a continent battle than they should say Europe vs. North America. If North America could make an All Star team vs a Europe All Star team than maybe it would be an argument, although in most sports, not a good one.

People need to knock it off with saying the USA thinks they represent the world in sports. The fact is as it always has been, the USA is a melting pot, and that is also true of our sports. People come from all over the world to play sports here, all European countries are represented in the sports leagues here. And that makes it WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP worthy.

I will put this out there though, for the people who believe soccer is the universe:

The USA soccer league, MLS, take an all-star team from that and put it against a Europe all-star team (even though the MLS has many many European players). what would happen? who knows? You probably think the Europe team would blast the USA team. I can say that about almost any other sport except the USA blasts Europe. No matyer what though, its an all star game, best of the best, and they would probably be a decent, entertaining games. BUT, the European players in the leagues here would have to play on the USA league all star team and not go back and play for the Europe team, thats fair.

The fact is, most of the best athletes in the world play in USA based sports and leagues. But all of your countries are represented here by the players. No one is saying the USA has all the best athletes in the world, and I'm not saying that here. But a very high percentage of them play their sports here.

I'm not trying to bash Europe, some of the best athletes in the world are there, and in other continents and throughout the world. i'm just saying, and its true, that many of the best come to play here, in the USA. This is meant in no offense to anyone, but the USA sports bashing has to stop. I've done my share of being involved in these battles. We all have top athletes and top sports. I've defended the US here I hope. Thats all I haveto say lol 😛

Forgive me for spelling and grammar errors, I've had a few drinks. Seems to be when I get the most recs, even though no one but me cares about them anymore 😛

I suppose I should of put this in sports. Maybe a forum Mod could take care of that for me please. I'm going to bed 🙂

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
12 Jun 07
1 edit

Originally posted by PocketKings
See, the problem here is that Europe thinks of itself as Europe the continent, and not as the individual countries that are Europe. Are these people making it a Europe (continent) vs. USA (country)? Or is it their country vs the USA? If they want to make it a continent battle than they should say Europe vs. North America. If North America could make an A s in sports. Maybe a forum Mod could take care of that for me please. I'm going to bed 🙂
what are you babbling about? it's you who keep confusing europe the continent with the countries that happen to exist on it. we're all separate nations, thank you very much. almost none of us even speak the same language! you guys can't usually even tell the difference between russia and soviet union for crying out loud.

as for the football, we couldn't care less what the backwater of the world thinks about it. what are you good at anyway? you get kicked around in hockey as well. oh yeah, you're good at that handball thingy which sort of looks like rugby, but everybody's padded up like little girls. does anyone else even play it?

S

Moves
12 Jun 07

The united states is hyperdominant in athletics, take one look at the olympics and that becomes clear in a damn hurry--the greatest athletes in the world live in the united states. The nations of Europe, like anyone else would, enjoy the sports that they are good at.

Soccer, or football as they call it, really is something of THE world sport, it doesn't matter where you come from, you don't need expensive pads, or a court, you just need a ball--you don't even need a real field, all you need is the ball with some clear area and you can play it. Any nation, any culture, any people can play soccer--it's no shock that in America, where other facilities are so widely available and other sports, like (American) Football are so dominant, soccer does not enjoy the same popularity and support, and as a result the big performances will never be there.

There really isn't any reason for any animosity...

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by ShaKKaXulu
The united states is hyperdominant in athletics, take one look at the olympics and that becomes clear in a damn hurry--the greatest athletes in the world live in the united states. The nations of Europe, like anyone else would, enjoy the sports that they are good at.

Soccer, or football as they call it, really is something of THE world sport, it doesn' ...[text shortened]... big performances will never be there.

There really isn't any reason for any animosity...
the greastest atheletes are american ???

One word........China

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
the greastest atheletes are american ???

One word........China
only in Gymnastics.......

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by shortcircuit
only in Gymnastics.......
2004 olympics

1 United States 35 39 29 103
2 China 32 17 14 63
3 Russia 27 27 38 92
4 Australia 17 16 16 49
5 Japan 16 9 12 37
6 Germany 14 16 18 48
7 France 11 9 13 33
8 Italy 10 11 11 32
9 South Korea 9 12 9 30
10 Great Britain 9 9 12 30
11 Cuba 9 7 11 27
12 Ukraine 9 5 9 23
13 Hungary 8 6 3 17
14 Romania 8 5 6 19
15 Greece 6 6 4 16
16 Norway 5 0 1 6
17 Netherlands 4 9 9 22
18 Brazil 4 3 3 10
19 Sweden 4 1 2 7
20 Spain 3 11 5 19

Read the numbers as Gold/silver/bronze/total.

Can anyone find a list of participents per country ? I'm having trouble.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Jun 07

2004 olympics

1 United States 35 39 29 103
2 China 32 17 14 63
3 Russia 27 27 38 92
4 Australia 17 16 16 49
5 Japan 16 9 12 37
6 Germany 14 16 18 48
7 France 11 9 13 33
8 Italy 10 11 11 32
9 South Korea 9 12 9 30
10 Great Britain 9 9 12 30
11 Cuba 9 7 11 27
12 Ukraine 9 5 9 23
13 Hungary 8 6 3 17
14 Romani ...[text shortened]... ilver/bronze/total.

Can anyone find a list of participents per country ? I'm having trouble.
are you saying since China has the largest population on earth, that they should be dominant in sports?

m

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by PocketKings
See, the problem here is that Europe thinks of itself as Europe the continent, and not as the individual countries that are Europe. Are these people making it a Europe (continent) vs. USA (country)? Or is it their country vs the USA? If they want to make it a continent battle than they should say Europe vs. North America. If North America could make an A ...[text shortened]... s in sports. Maybe a forum Mod could take care of that for me please. I'm going to bed 🙂
Wasn't there some really hot looking soccer player that came to the U.S. to play because there was more money in it?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by mlprior
Wasn't there some really hot looking soccer player that came to the U.S. to play because there was more money in it?
Yeah, i decided not to go, i'd miss my family 😉

m

Moves
12 Jun 07

Yeah, i decided not to go, i'd miss my family 😉
Come on now!
We would really love to have you here Huck!

😉

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
12 Jun 07

We have Barry Bonds...the greatest athlete that ever lived.

m

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by rbmorris
yea, but that soccer guy is cuter...

😉

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by rbmorris
I keep waiting for his arms to fly off while swinging at a pitch, the way that powerlifter's arms do in that old SNL skit about "The All-Drug Olympics."

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by mlprior
yea, but that soccer guy is cuter...

😉
I thought Mr. Beckham was married.....but then again, so are you...

m

Moves
12 Jun 07

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I thought Mr. Beckham was married.....but then again, so are you...
Just because someone is married doesn't mean they can't be babelicious...or that someone can't notice they are babelicious.

😛