Premiership predictions

Premiership predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y

Moves
22 Aug 07

Is this another example of a paranoid gooner looking over his shoulder at the mighty Spurs? Why would a gooner take up so much time of his day posting these opinions on a forum if this wasn't the case.. Your time is up Dicky Boy, take it on the chin and accept it..

Top 4:

Chelski
Man U
Liverpool
Yid Army

3 the drop:

Derby
Birmy
Arsenal (following a 20point penalty for illegally tapping up Nic Anelka)

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by dicky
I've just never rated him as a Manager or a Coach.... Spurs keep doing allright but with the money they continually spend they should be acheiving alot more than they do... Another £40 million this season and they've been a shambles... Derby were appauling at the weekend so not much can be judged on that performance... Man Utd away at the weekend I can see becoming a mauling... Man Utd 4 Spurs 0... fingers crossed.
Spending £40m on ingredients doesn't always mean the perfect recipe first time. Jol must blend his squad, establish strengths and weaknesses and look to offer a potent dish after he has worked his magic.

Daniel Levy has showed by talking to Ramos, that he doesn't trust Jol. After 2 games Levy should be backing Jol to the hilt not undermining him. I've never liked Spurs but anyone can see that this Spurs side is stronger any other of the last 25 years and that is thanks to Jol not Levy.

d

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by Yidandy
Is this another example of a paranoid gooner looking over his shoulder at the mighty Spurs? Why would a gooner take up so much time of his day posting these opinions on a forum if this wasn't the case.. Your time is up Dicky Boy, take it on the chin and accept it..

Top 4:

Chelski
Man U
Liverpool
Yid Army

3 the drop:

Derby
Birmy
Arsenal (following a 20point penalty for illegally tapping up Nic Anelka)
Another sad Optomist!!!!!! Where exactly do you all crawl out from and only at the start of every season.. Even with the 20 point deduction we'd still finish above you....

AB

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
It does seem a bit of a strange argument doesn't it?
If it were anyone else I'd agree, but this is Palynka we're talking about.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Aug 07

It does seem a bit of a strange argument doesn't it?
If you cut the argument in half, it's bound to sound strange.

E
YNWA

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by Palynka
If you cut the argument in half, it's bound to sound strange.
To be honest the full argument doesn't make much more sense. Just what is you don't rate about Carragher - how will a team with him in not win the title because of him?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Aug 07

To be honest the full argument doesn't make much more sense. Just what is you don't rate about Carragher - how will a team with him in not win the title because of him?
I explained why. To win the title, teams need to put the pressure up against smaller ones, which means a more forward positioning for the central defenders.

Running from the midfield line to stop fast counter-attacks is then an essential part of a title-challenging team. Carragher isn't cut out for that type of defensive tasks. While he is a rock against strong teams (who don't sit and wait for a counter attack), he may not be as impressive against smaller ones.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
22 Aug 07

Another prediction. Rafa to be this years Mourinho: Talking absolute rubbish as though there is a conspiracy against him and his team.

Yes, Rafa, you're right. Letters showing agreement to consider negotiation mean more than contracts, and the Tevez to United transfer was very quick. 🙄
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1778_2678519,00.html

D

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Aug 07

What do you mean by '[b]another show of hypocrisy and sour grapes'?[/b]
And yet another show of hypocrisy and sour grapes today.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Another prediction. Rafa to be this years Mourinho: Talking absolute rubbish as though there is a conspiracy against him and his team.

Yes, Rafa, you're right. Letters showing agreement to consider negotiation mean more than contracts, and the Tevez to United transfer was very quick. 🙄
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1778_2678519,00.html

D
I thought the one about the fixtures sounded like something out of Speaker's Corner.

E
YNWA

Moves
22 Aug 07

I explained why. To win the title, teams need to put the pressure up against smaller ones, which means a more forward positioning for the central defenders.

Running from the midfield line to stop fast counter-attacks is then an essential part of a title-challenging team. Carragher isn't cut out for that type of defensive tasks. While he is a rock against ...[text shortened]... ho don't sit and wait for a counter attack), he may not be as impressive against smaller ones.
If your theory was correct then surely LFC would have a crap defence record? None of our other defenders stand out as someone with a huge amount of pace. Liverpool haven't won the title because they haven't been able to score goals, their defensive record over the past 2 years especially is easily that of title winners, which is largely due to Carragher's presence. Unless you're pinning our goal-scoring problems on Carragher I don't see you have a case.

E
YNWA

Moves
22 Aug 07

And yet [b]another show of hypocrisy and sour grapes today.[/b]
Today's rant counts as 1, maybe his new beard was particularly itchy this morning. The penalty rant was fully justified and accepted by the referees. Any others? Still a long way to go until he catches up with that sulking idiot down south.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Aug 07

If your theory was correct then surely LFC would have a crap defence record? None of our other defenders stand out as someone with a huge amount of pace. Liverpool haven't won the title because they haven't been able to score goals, their defensive record over the past 2 years especially is easily that of title winners, which is largely due to Carragher' ...[text shortened]... . Unless you're pinning our goal-scoring problems on Carragher I don't see you have a case.
No, not at all.

The fact that Liverpool has been playing conservately for the last seasons is the very reason why they are NOT title contenders. Your goal scoring problems are an obvious result of this. Carragher is perfect for Benitez tactics, just that Benitez won't win the title until he starts risking and playing more offensive football or get a striker that is able to do what Drogba does.

None of our other defenders stand out as someone with a huge amount of pace.
Benitez is a smart man. I always had the impression that Benitez chose a more conservative tactical system because of that. That's just speculation, though, I can't know for sure what goes on in his mind.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Aug 07

Today's rant counts as 1, maybe his new beard was particularly itchy this morning. The penalty rant was fully justified and accepted by the referees. Any others? Still a long way to go until he catches up with that sulking idiot down south.
His rant was as justified as Mourinho's regarding the goal that never was.

The only difference is that Liverpool has still enough muscle to bully a referee due to one mistake and Chelsea clearly doesn't. At least Mourinho is coherent, while Benitez is a hypocrite that plays the role of the offended virgin one day and goes guns blazing the next.

E
YNWA

Moves
22 Aug 07

At least Mourinho is coherent, while Benitez is a hypocrite that plays the role of the offended virgin one day and goes guns blazing the next.
This is a Spanish-Portugese thing isn't it?