Premiership predictions

Premiership predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
Do they have the 'greater than' and 'less than' symbols the wrong way round on Portugese keyboards?
Carragher is over-rated. He's does great against the big teams, when Liverpool remains defensive and he doesn't have to sprint too much from half the field. He's good for Liverpool, but not for a team that wants to win the title.

By the way, another show of hypocrisy and sour grapes by Benitez. If it had been Mourinho complaining about a penalty, Benitez would have kept his grandiose act. Again, the truth is revealed but Benitez will keep his reputation intact, considering The Sun doesn't consider him headline worthy.

E
YNWA

Moves
20 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
Carragher is over-rated. He's does great against the big teams, when Liverpool remains defensive and he doesn't have to sprint too much from half the field. He's good for Liverpool, but not for a team that wants to win the title.

By the way, another show of hypocrisy and sour grapes by Benitez. If it had been Mourinho complaining about a penalty, Benitez ...[text shortened]... z will keep his reputation intact, considering The Sun doesn't consider him headline worthy.
I'm not convinced by your argument about Carragher. Don't great teams need great defenders? Don't you think he plays as well against non-big teams?

As for your comment about Rafa, considering the Ref in question has been dropped for next week's fixtures and the premier league ref overlord Keith Hackett has, in his own words, 'apologized profusely' to Rafa, we'll agree you're being a bit harsh yes?

What do you mean by 'another show of hypocrisy and sour grapes'?

E
YNWA

Moves
20 Aug 07

Bottom 3:
Bolton
Derby
Wigan
Okay so one of my bottom 3 are currently in the top 3, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

What's going to happen to Anelka? Surely he's going to leave if Bolton carry on being total pap. Where might he go? Newcastle? Arsenal could do with him maybe but Arsene wouldn't have him back I think.

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
20 Aug 07

I'm sure le grand sulk will go somewhere, maybe west ham, as Curbs obviously thinks he can handle all the overpaid infants of the premiership, Bellamy, Dyer, Bowyer and Anelka would make for stressful management - WHUFC have fallen a long way from Bonds, Moore and Brooking

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
20 Aug 07

Okay so one of my bottom 3 are currently in the top 3, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

What's going to happen to Anelka? Surely he's going to leave if Bolton carry on being total pap. Where might he go? Newcastle?
We don't need him, we already have four good strikers (five if Luque's pre-season form is continued into the season proper and he isn't sold); we're only in the market for defenders and creative midfielders at the moment. We're being strongly linked to Faye, though, so if he does go, you can't help but wonder whether that will make Bolton even more reluctant to let go of Anelka.

E
YNWA

Moves
20 Aug 07

Originally posted by Amaurote
We don't need him, we already have four good strikers (five if Luque's pre-season form is continued into the season proper and he isn't sold); we're only in the market for defenders and creative midfielders at the moment. We're being strongly linked to Faye, though, so if he does go, you can't help but wonder whether that will make Bolton even more reluctant to let go of Anelka.
You think Bolton can hang on to him? I think if he wants a move he's more likely to do a Pierre Van Hooijdonk and sit in a villa in the south of France if they don't let him leave.

What about Everton? They seem to do well in the league these days, though God knows how.

Ah more speculation - this time about Diouf:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/6955507.stm

I'd rate Anelka's talents much higher than Diouf's though.

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
20 Aug 07

You think Bolton can hang on to him? I think if he wants a move he's more likely to do a Pierre Van Hooijdonk and sit in a villa in the south of France if they don't let him leave.

What about Everton? They seem to do well in the league these days, though God knows how.

Ah more speculation - this time about Diouf:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/fo ...[text shortened]... /bolton_wanderers/6955507.stm

I'd rate Anelka's talents much higher than Diouf's though.
I think it's a lose-lose for them, because most of the reports coming out of Bolton this week are about players complaining that they want to play in strong squads. They need a swap deal desperately.

As for candidates for his signature, why not Man Utd? They're crying out for someone like Anelka at the moment now that Saha is a month or so away from coming back. If not Anelka, they could have a decent attempt at getting Owen - I'm not sure Allardyce particularly rates him, and a player-plus-cash deal might swing it for them now or in January.

d

Moves
21 Aug 07

Originally posted by dicky
Top Five
Arsenal
Man Utd
Liverpool
Chelsea
Newcastle

Bottom Three
Fulham
Birmingham
Derby

Top Scorer
Robin Van Persie

1st to be sacked
Martin Jol
So Big Martin Jol's on his way out..... Not so happy myself as Spurs were going nowhere under him.... But my prediction was spot on... Let's just hope the rest is as accurate...

s

6yd box

Moves
21 Aug 07

So Big Martin Jol's on his way out..... Not so happy myself as Spurs were going nowhere under him.... But my prediction was spot on... Let's just hope the rest is as accurate...
what on earth are you talking about DICK!!!

AB

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by Palynka
Carragher is over-rated. He's does great against the big teams
No more questions your honour.

E
YNWA

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by Angry Boy
No more questions your honour.
It does seem a bit of a strange argument doesn't it?

E
YNWA

Moves
22 Aug 07

Why did you think Jol at the start of the season? Don't you think he did quite well for spurs over the past 2 years, considering what they were like the years before that?

d

Moves
22 Aug 07

Why did you think Jol at the start of the season? Don't you think he did quite well for spurs over the past 2 years, considering what they were like the years before that?
I've just never rated him as a Manager or a Coach.... Spurs keep doing allright but with the money they continually spend they should be acheiving alot more than they do... Another £40 million this season and they've been a shambles... Derby were appauling at the weekend so not much can be judged on that performance... Man Utd away at the weekend I can see becoming a mauling... Man Utd 4 Spurs 0... fingers crossed.

s

6yd box

Moves
22 Aug 07
1 edit

I've just never rated him as a Manager or a Coach.... Spurs keep doing allright but with the money they continually spend they should be acheiving alot more than they do... Another £40 million this season and they've been a shambles... Derby were appauling at the weekend so not much can be judged on that performance... Man Utd away at the weekend I can see becoming a mauling... Man Utd 4 Spurs 0... fingers crossed.
u talk rubbish DICK... the guy took spurs to the 5th position 2 seasons running, As ELLE mentioned..spurs have been very poor for the last ten years.

Its only under Jol that they have got in a position of challanging for the top 4

d

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by spurs73
u talk rubbish DICK... the guy took spurs to the 5th position 2 seasons running, As ELLE mentioned..spurs have been very poor for the last ten years.

Its only under Jol that they have got in a position of challanging for the top 4
Opinions thats what it's all about... Do you not think with all the money your spending that champions league football is an absolute minimum or are you just another small club... If I were a spurs fan I'd be asking serious questions of the job lot board, manager and players.. Overpayed englishmen who think they're better than they are... that's the root of the problem.. Jenas and Defoe are prime examples.. So what would be acceptable to you this season, Top half maybe?????
P.S and it's Dicky by the way!!!!!!!!!