Premiership predictions

Premiership predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
12 Aug 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
Thanks for the advice mensajero.
Help me out some more and go get be a berger and fries.
didnt he play for arsenal

s

Moves
12 Aug 07

Originally posted by smartrrrrs
didnt he play for arsenal
Sorry Liverpool

s

6yd box

Moves
13 Aug 07

Sorry Liverpool
plays for Villa now!

s

6yd box

Moves
13 Aug 07
1 edit

No need to worry about it mate.

- Tevez will probably start the next game in place of Rooney
- We have cover for every position on the pitch
- Reading did not try and advance past the half way line, it happens
- At least when United win the league this season we won't have to listen to Chelsea complain about their injury list
- United ...[text shortened]... lets see if the only title challengers out there can take advantage of Uniteds early bad luck.
yes.. BUT U DROPPED 2 POINTS AT HOME!
....against a 10 man Reading team😉

AB

Moves
13 Aug 07

New season, same old story.

- Poor refs, somehow Pennant avoids a red card when raising his arms and trying to provoke a fight, mind you some say having Pennant is like playing with 10 men anyway

Same old story indeed - you talking crap!

Take off the red devil tinted specs and watch the Pennant incident again. He's fouled, get's up in a strop and is pushed TWICE by Bouma by the shoulders. He does not raise his hands.

I'm no fan of Pennant but on this occasion he did nothing wrong. Don't let silly little things like facts get in the way of a good opportunity to show yourself up.

AB

Moves
13 Aug 07

Originally posted by Palynka
Next time, don't make comments about something you know nothing about.

Unless you want to continue making a fool of yourself.
It's never stopped him in the past.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Aug 07

Originally posted by Angry Boy

Take off the red devil tinted specs and watch the Pennant incident again. He's fouled, get's up in a strop and is pushed TWICE by Bouma by the shoulders. He does not raise his hands.

I'm no fan of Pennant but on this occasion he did nothing wrong. Don't let silly little things like facts get in the way of a good opportunity to show yourself up.
Don't sweat it. I'm sure he didn't see the match. He gets all of his opinions from a Man U message board.

s

Moves
13 Aug 07
1 edit

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
13 Aug 07

I whole-heartedly agree.

s

Moves
13 Aug 07

am just gutted about his foot now..Still could always go an see FCUM at Lancaster on saturday

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
14 Aug 07

Originally posted by Angry Boy

I may be wrong, from what I remember Pennant was on a yellow card, he did raise his hands fairly high to push back and continued to fight with hand bags in an aggressive manner.
Any player that acts like a hard case and starts pushing other players about should get an automatic yellow card and so sent off, it doesn't matter if they were provoked or not.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
14 Aug 07

Originally posted by spurs73
yes.. BUT U DROPPED 2 POINTS AT HOME!
....against a 10 man Reading team😉
What are you trying to say?
You never win anything with kids?
It doesn't matter if the game was at home or away, to win the league you need an equally impressive home and away record, its just one game and not really an issue for Manchester United at the moment.

Also, maybe attacking players like:-
- Tevez, Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Nani, Anderson, Saha
Will help United get through the 'crisis'.

Tevez and Ronaldo will win the league on their own for United, muppet!

I must admit having:-
- Rooney, Tevez, Saha, Solskjaer, Anderson, Hargreaves, Park, Neville, Foster, Heinz unavailable was an unexpected problem against 9 defenders but as Spurs will soon see, not too much of a problem.

And I don't think Sir Alex will be losing too much sleep just yet, he has won the Premier League 9 times and this is definatey the best Manchester United squad I have ever seen.

Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson will be 5 of the top 10 players in the world very soon, Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo already are!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
14 Aug 07

Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson will be 5 of the top 10 players in the world very soon, Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo already are!
What a muppet.

AB

Moves
14 Aug 07

I may be wrong, from what I remember Pennant was on a yellow card, he did raise his hands fairly high to push back and continued to fight with hand bags in an aggressive manner.
Any player that acts like a hard case and starts pushing other players about should get an automatic yellow card and so sent off, it doesn't matter if they were provoked or not.
He wasn't on a yellow, he didn't raise his hands and therefore was involved in a "fight".

So yes, you are wrong.

Completely.

Again.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
14 Aug 07

Originally posted by Palynka
Don't sweat it. I'm sure he didn't see the match. He gets all of his opinions from a Man U message board.
I did watch the Liverpool game and have to say its more of the same.
Liverpool are still completely relient on Gerrard.
The second half was very dull, Liverpool are still at least 20 points off the pace and like I thought Torres is a 10 goal a season player. His reputation in Spain was to miss the easy ones and score the hard ones.
Exactly NOT what Liverpool need.
If Gerrard stays fit, its probably his last season playing at this level of intensity at his age and Liverpool may scrape 4th place.
I still think though that they will probably finish 6th or 7th though this season.
Basically Rafa has brought about 50 players to Liverpool and they range from terrible to quite good, overall just not good enough I'm afraid.
Of all the Liverpool players Rafa has bought I don't think a single one of them would get in a 17 man Manchester United Team/Squad.
The three quite good ones Rafa has (Torres, Kuyt and Masherano) have no chance of getting into a fit United 17 man Squad.
Gerrard would make the bench though and even may get a fair share of games challenging Scholes for his place, but he's not a Rafa buy.

I did watch the Manchester United game.
We have so much creativity its just unbelieavable but lacked composure to put the ball away.
It happens early in the season when playing against 6,8,10 defenders but I think Tevez will add more cutting edge up front, small blip, no big deal.
Usually United get 5 points from the first 3 games, so I don't think the league is over just yet.

I didn't watch the Chelsea game, only seen the highlights.
Its horrible watching them its like watching Liverpool of the 70's, so dull, and eventually they get an odd goal to win.

And Palynka I went to every Mancheter United home game from 1998 to 2003 and some away games, includinig the CL final in Barcelona.
However I moved to LA in 2004 so can't make the home games anymore, but I think I can safely say thay I'm more of a supporter than 90% of the people that post on this sports site.