Euro 2012

Euro 2012

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
15 Jun 12

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
We'll see, we'll see... England are probably the better team, but the only times they've beaten the Swedes over the last oodle of years have been in matches for, as we Cloggies say, the emperor's beard. It's not going to be as easy a match as Terry & Co seem to think. I wouldn't put money on this one either way.

Richard
The thing that scares me is if England were to play Ireland at the moment i think it would be a close run thing , meaning Spain would woop our (England ) backsides too !
I can't believe that England still cannot find eleven decent players that could string more than three passes together without losing the ball ,the movement off the ball was shocking against France .

In your face

Moves
15 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by phil3000
The thing that scares me is if England were to play Ireland at the moment i think it would be a close run thing , meaning Spain would woop our (England ) backsides too !
I can't believe that England still cannot find eleven decent players that could string more than three passes together without losing the ball ,the movement off the ball was shocking against France .
I've been reading the sports pages in the Daily Mirror the last couple of days. It appears they are bigging England up again and after one reasonably solid display against France, we are ready to lift the trophy, apparently. I have read references to Sweden as 'the lesser opposition', our national team about to 'explode' with our "bomber wing backs" and Roy Hodgson's tactical prowess.

I do believe we are setting ourselves up for a big fall again. No wonder the world takes the piss out of us when they read things like this.

Note to world "Our national press doesn't really represent the voice and opinions of the citizens it purports to represent!"

In your face

Moves
15 Jun 12

Scary scenes in Donetsk. Quite disappointing. I was looking forward to watching the game πŸ™

p

Moves
15 Jun 12

Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
Scary scenes in Donetsk. Quite disappointing. I was looking forward to watching the game πŸ™
The frogs like the rain πŸ˜›

In your face

Moves
15 Jun 12

The frogs like the rain πŸ˜›
It would appear so.

Moves
15 Jun 12

I think you missed the point. Stats shmats. Lies, damn lies, etceteraaaaa.
As I said, most of France's shots were hopeful as they got frustrated. If you didn't watch the game and just looked at some stats, you wouldn't know.
This was the point: "watched the game on monday, at least england looked like they wanted to score and win the game, france just wanted to play keepsy or walk the ball into the net"

For a team that wanted to walk the ball into the net they had a load of shots... England had how many shots? And for a team that wanted to score....

England were poor, France weren't that good either, they looked nervous... which is why they were shooting to soon.

I watched most of the game... same old boring, couldn't put 3 passes together England. Out in the first round after they lose to Ukraine. The Sweden match doesn't matter after the France/Ukraine result.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
15 Jun 12
1 edit

Just watched England v Sweden from behind the sofa, it was ugly with the usual mixture of joy and frustration.

They have given us a good chance of progressing, a draw will do, sounds more ominous than a foghorn in a pea souper.

Three good goals from us though, it was the tripping over their laces bit that had grinding me gnashers.

In your face

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by Trev33
This was the point: "watched the game on monday, at least england looked like they wanted to score and win the game, france just wanted to play keepsy or walk the ball into the net"

For a team that wanted to walk the ball into the net they had a load of shots... England had how many shots? And for a team that wanted to score....

England were poor, Franc ...[text shortened]... fter they lose to Ukraine. The Sweden match doesn't matter after the France/Ukraine result.
Enjoy the rest of the tournament.

Cheers

Jim

s

Moves
16 Jun 12

Wow! Lotta sniping despite it being the best game of the tournament thus far! England will advance and earned their spot rightly! Best goal of the tournament thus far is Welbeck's! Great sense of finding the net and brilliant put in!

rc

Moves
16 Jun 12
4 edits

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Wow! Lotta sniping despite it being the best game of the tournament thus far! England will advance and earned their spot rightly! Best goal of the tournament thus far is Welbeck's! Great sense of finding the net and brilliant put in!
It was an ugly affair, Russia v Poland was the best game of the tournament so far, this
is a national disaster for the rest of the UK, already the English broadcasting
corporation has plastered its walls with news of this hollow victory, it will be hard to
escape unless one unplugs oneself. Demoralising, thoroughly demoralising, the whole
affair. I was gleeful when the Swedes went 2-1 up, only to have my hopes dashed to
pieces by some fluky goals. :'( My wife has erected a small union flag near the
kitchen door, it remains there as long as England remain in the tournament, thereafter,
it will be sacrificially torched as an offering to their demise!

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
16 Jun 12

Not sniping from me, when I say the game was ugly it is just a consequence of both teams playing a similar game and crowding the ball.

I am really impressed with way Hodgson has approached both games and got results He needed and deserved. I think the next team to play open football against this England team is gonna have a bad day at the office.

Rooney has not had a game yet and when you can bring class acts like Walcott off the bench then you have always got a chance, but having said all that being an England fan is excellent aversion therapy for overconfidence syndromeπŸ˜•

p

Moves
16 Jun 12

I think Welbeck was trying to bring the ball down and turn to shoot ,luckly for him and England it hit his heel and went in ,doesn't matter though they all count
😏😏😏😏😏. I would like to have seen Robbie de Blobby (Corrobie ) and his mates faces when Sweden took the lead and then lost 3-2 .πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

In your face

Moves
16 Jun 12

I think Welbeck was trying to bring the ball down and turn to shoot ,luckly for him and England it hit his heel and went in ,doesn't matter though they all count
😏😏😏😏😏. I would like to have seen Robbie de Blobby (Corrobie ) and his mates faces when Sweden took the lead and then lost 3-2 .πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Ha ha. I hadn't thought of that. I can just picture them sat there now, mouths foaming, haggis flavoured crisps broken all over the floor and picture of Elizabeth HRH on the dart board, complete with darts stuck in it.
"Och Rab, nooooo!"
Priceless!

rc

Moves
16 Jun 12
1 edit

I turned the TV off in disgust, a tragic day for Scotland! My wife was watching in gleee
( a Punjabi girl who thinks the British Raj was the best thing since sliced bread) as the
Angles fluked the win, tragic!

p

Moves
16 Jun 12

Ha ha. I hadn't thought of that. I can just picture them sat there now, mouths foaming, haggis flavoured crisps broken all over the floor and picture of Elizabeth HRH on the dart board, complete with darts stuck in it.
"Och Rab, nooooo!"
Priceless!
Tufts of ginger hair on the pub floor where they were pulling their hair out and a dieing bag pipe moaning in the corner as it slowly deflates . " Och -eye -de -noodle "