College Bowl Predictions!!!

College Bowl Predictions!!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
24 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
I had penciled in OSU as winning that bowl. Unless they can overcome the distraction they are toast. I do not understand if these players are supendable, why let them play in a bowl game?
From what I understand, the players may play in the Sugar Bowl but will have to sit out the fist 5 or 6 games next season. Of course, if this is true this makes no sense to me.

All in all, I would say that next year the players in question would rather go to the NFL than sit out that many games next year for their senior season. If so, the Sugar Bowl is an audition for a playing future of sorts, which would favor OSU.

This group has been dubbed the underachievers in OSU football history considering their hype and talent. I have mixed feelings about the whole mess. On the one hand, I hate to see them struggle next year without those talented players, but on the other hand, I have always disdained TP as being.....well.....a stupid little punk and a border line Maurice Clarrett.

s

Moves
24 Dec 10

Originally posted by whodey
From what I understand, the players may play in the Sugar Bowl but will have to sit out the fist 5 or 6 games next season. Of course, if this is true this makes no sense to me.

All in all, I would say that next year the players in question would rather go to the NFL than sit out that many games next year for their senior season. If so, the Sugar Bowl i ...[text shortened]... ways disdained TP as being.....well.....a stupid little punk and a border line Maurice Clarrett.
I would not place TP at Clarett level yet, but he's close. BTW, there was a special on Clarett on ESPN recently. Seems like the dude has turned his life around indeed and is trying to get back into football by playing on some bush league team. I wish him the best. Perhaps this will be a wake up call for TP. I was impressed by Tressel's press conference and unimpressed by trhe AD's one.

s

Moves
24 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Out of idle curiosity, how many Boise State games did you watch this year?

"Overrated" Virginia Tech has now won 11 in a row and has defeated three teams ranked in the Top 25 when they played them on the road or at a neutral site. Nevada beat Cal by 21 and Oregon nearly lost to the Golden Bears.

You're starting to sound more and more like QQ (which isn't a good thing).
I watched quite a few and was unimpressed in every single one of them. I was especially unimpressed with the victory at VT, less impressed after VT lost, as stated earlier, and knew they'd fall, and fall hard they did. I certainly was not impressed last night. I was mightily impressed with SDSU tonight and their motor of a RB, impressive QB and tremandous receiver in Brown. If i sound like QQ it may be because of you being a BSU apologist. You are blinded by their mediocrity masking as greatness.

L

Moves
24 Dec 10

w

Moves
24 Dec 10

I would not place TP at Clarett level yet, but he's close. BTW, there was a special on Clarett on ESPN recently. Seems like the dude has turned his life around indeed and is trying to get back into football by playing on some bush league team. I wish him the best. Perhaps this will be a wake up call for TP. I was impressed by Tressel's press conference and unimpressed by trhe AD's one.
What impressed you with Tressels press conference?

As for they the players are able to play in the Sugar Bowl, that is the biggest joke of all. Why? It makes no sense whatsoever. If they can play in the Sugar Bowl they should not be suspended for the first 6 games next year. What am I missing here?

As for TP's future, his opinion of himself is higher than his true value in terms of NFL QB potential. In this sense, he has the Maurice Clarett syndrome. I honestly don't think he will pan out as an NFL QB.

w

Moves
24 Dec 10
1 edit

Here is the tally to date.

Whodey +2

Marauder +2

Badwater +1

Scacchipazzo Even

Shortcicuit -2

The next game is Hawaii vs. Tulsa tonight!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Dec 10

I watched quite a few and was unimpressed in every single one of them. I was especially unimpressed with the victory at VT, less impressed after VT lost, as stated earlier, and knew they'd fall, and fall hard they did. I certainly was not impressed last night. I was mightily impressed with SDSU tonight and their motor of a RB, impressive QB and tremando ...[text shortened]... because of you being a BSU apologist. You are blinded by their mediocrity masking as greatness.
You're certainly as biased an idiot as QQ. Like him, you utterly refuse to address any points in response.

Congratulations.

s

Moves
24 Dec 10

As for they the players are able to play in the Sugar Bowl, that is the biggest joke of all. Why? It makes no sense whatsoever. If they can play in the Sugar Bowl they should not be suspended for the first 6 games next year. What am I missing here?

As for TP's future, his opinion of himself is highe ...[text shortened]... se, he has the Maurice Clarett syndrome. I honestly don't think he will pan out as an NFL QB.
TRessel does not defend his players ans states they should have known better.

TP is the typical over-adulated jock, treated like royalty from birth. He may not amount to anything unless eh takes serious stock of his sorry life!

I am with ou. NCAA takes a harsh stand with some, a light hand with others. No consistency makes for little credibility. Indeed if these players are suspendable then they shuld not qualify for Sugar Bowl.

s

Moves
24 Dec 10
1 edit

Here is the tally to date.

Whodey +2

Marauder +2

Badwater +1

Scacchipazzo Even

Shortcicuit -2

The next game is Hawaii vs. Tulsa tonight!!
You and marauder are certainly good pickers! I laugh at being two points better than the guy calling me dumber than an octopus. I reiterate he is dumber than a guy dumber than an octopus! -2! Ha! I think I might be -1 after tonight. Hawaii looks like they might be too much for Tulsa, but Tulsa is plucky. Go Tornados or whatever they're called!

BTW, the little six year old I mentioned before is +5! I wonder how she does it!

w

Moves
24 Dec 10
2 edits

[BTW, the little six year old I mentioned before is +5! I wonder how she does it![/b]
It's simple really. The answer must be she is smarter than all 4 of us combined!! In fact, we can't even add up to 5. 😵

s

Moves
24 Dec 10

It's simple really. The answer must be she is smarter than all 4 of us combined!! In fact, we can't even add up to 5. 😵
She is tied with a five year old cousin, Caleb, also +5. That kid know sports, actually. Kate does it by feel alone I'm told! I know no one who knows football more than a dude at the Y. he is also +5. Analytical football mind indeed. He said that the wet field would favor SDSU, but stuck with his pick. First mistake!

g

Moves
24 Dec 10
1 edit

As for TP's future, his opinion of himself is highe ...[text shortened]... se, he has the Maurice Clarett syndrome. I honestly don't think he will pan out as an NFL QB.
"What am I missing here?" As a citizen of the Confederacy I will give my answer. Ohio State has been owned by the Southeastern Conference football powers. It is about politics and wanting Ohio State to be free of their Southeastern Overlords. In other words "cheat to win".

w

Moves
24 Dec 10
2 edits

Originally posted by gambit3
"What am I missing here?" As a citizen of the Confederacy I will give my answer. Ohio State has been owned by the Southeastern Conference football powers. It is about politics and wanting Ohio State to be free of their Southeastern Overlords. In other words "cheat to win".
So you are saying that the powers that be in college football wish to see the Buckeyes finally beat an SEC team?

Personally, I thought it was just to try and put the best team on the feild for the Buckeyes in a desperate effort to keep some interest. As it stands now, even with TP and company playing, I'm wondering if it will help keep the score close so that viewership will remain high. TP has never faced an SEC team and my guess is they will knock him on his arse. Of course, at the end of it he will probably blame Tressel for his play calling in a desperate attempt to have some chance at entering the NFL as a QB next year.

In the end it all comes down to $$$.

g

Moves
24 Dec 10
1 edit

So you are saying that the powers that be in college football wish to see the Buckeyes finally beat an SEC team?

Personally, I thought it was just to try and put the best team on the feild for the Buckeyes in a desperate effort to keep some interest. As it stands now, even with TP and company playing, I'm wondering if it will help keep the score close so ...[text shortened]... have some chance at entering the NFL as a QB next year.

In the end it all comes down to $$$.
What I truely think is that there have been several teams over the years that found themselves in the same situation that Ohio State is in. Those teams had their players suspended immediately. I have never known of a suspended player being allowed to play in a bowl game till now. Arkansas lost their players just before the Orange Bowl. Lou Holts suspended the no 1 and no 2 running backs before the game vs Oklahoma. A year or so back Florida State lost 11 or so players before their bowl game. Neither the ncaa nor Ohio State was willing to suspend those players causing them to miss the Sugar Bowl. I am crying fowl about the ncaa not suspending these players today. They would have suspended player(s) from one of the other teams? What makes Ohio State's situation so different? P.S. Ohio State has the power to suspend those players irregardless of what the ncaa does. I believe that there was some politicing to keep those players on Ohio State's roster.

w

Moves
25 Dec 10

Originally posted by gambit3
What I truely think is that there have been several teams over the years that found themselves in the same situation that Ohio State is in. Those teams had their players suspended immediately. I have never known of a suspended player being allowed to play in a bowl game till now. ...[text shortened]... a does. I believe that there was some politicing to keep those players on Ohio State's roster.
You are 100% correct.