College Bowl Predictions!!!

College Bowl Predictions!!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
30 Dec 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
BTW I need to make a correction. In the Tenn Vs. UNC I stated tossup. Since there are no ties I am picking UNC over Tenn!
It's fine with me so long as it is everyone else.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 Dec 10

Originally posted by whodey
It's fine with me so long as it is everyone else.
Game hadn't kicked off so it's OK.

Army surprises us all. Syracuse helps me out due in a large part to one of those ridiculous "excessive celebration" penalties on a college kid who scores a TD. K-State's attempt at a tying two point conversion with around a minute left was pushed back 15 yards and they missed on a long shot throw to the end zone.

s

Moves
31 Dec 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
Game hadn't kicked off so it's OK.

Army surprises us all. Syracuse helps me out due in a large part to one of those ridiculous "excessive celebration" penalties on a college kid who scores a TD. K-State's attempt at a tying two point conversion with around a minute left was pushed back 15 yards and they missed on a long shot throw to the end zone.
Thanks guys!

I was also surprised by Army and SMU's ineptitude playing at home. K-ST was indeed robbed of a fair chance to tie and win. That has got to be the most ridicuculous rule. They review every other play it seems. One would think the officials would at least huddle together and ponder whether they themselvesa re being excessively harsh! I feel sorry for the kid. A simple salute no less!

w

Moves
31 Dec 10
2 edits

Dec 30
Armed Forces Bowl
SMU over Army

Pinstripe Bowl
Kansas over Syracuse

Music City Bowl
Tennessee over North Carolina

Holiday Bowl
Nebraska over Washington
0-4 today, brutal!!

Well I guess that does Whodey in. I knew the fix was in when Tenessee could not even kick a feild goal to win the game. In fact, at one point they called the game with Tenessee winning but then looked at instant replay and brought NC back to life and sending it into overtime. What can I say other than BRUTAL!! :'(

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 Dec 10

0-4 today, brutal!!

Well I guess that does Whodey in. I knew the fix was in when Tenessee could not even kick a feild goal to win the game. In fact, at one point they called the game with Tenessee winning but then looked at instant replay and brought NC back to life and sending it into overtime. What can I say other than BRUTAL!! :'(
Nobody had a good day; the best was 2-2. Kudos to sac for picking Washington; Nebraska beat them 56-21 in Seattle in September - most gave the Huskies no chance in this one. I still don't know how North Carolina won; I turned off the game with a minute and a half in regulation when a Tar Heel receiver dropped a fourth down pass with the Vols up by 3 - I thought it was all over.

I wouldn't count anyone out yet; I have 10 right for the lead, but you're only 3 behind with 17 to go! That's a lot of football left.

w

Moves
31 Dec 10
2 edits

Nobody had a good day; the best was 2-2. Kudos to sac for picking Washington; Nebraska beat them 56-21 in Seattle in September - most gave the Huskies no chance in this one. I still don't know how North Carolina won; I turned off the game with a minute and a half in regulation when a Tar Heel receiver dropped a fourth down pass with the Vols up by 3 - I 0 right for the lead, but you're only 3 behind with 17 to go! That's a lot of football left.
What would have been funny is if someone had turned off the game right after they announced Tenessee the winner, only to have someone tell them later that NC actually won. The conversation after that would have proved most humorous with one trying to convince the other that they were wrong!! That is assuming that the person who knew NC won did not know the details as to how NC won. 😵

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jan 11
1 edit

'Bama is crushing Michigan State; that's one of the 3 Big Ten "powerhouses" down.

The "Great Lake State" is having a bad day; Miss St. is creaming the Wolverines as well.

s

Moves
01 Jan 11

'Bama is crushing Michigan State; that's one of the 3 Big Ten "powerhouses" down.

The "Great Lake State" is having a bad day; Miss St. is creaming the Wolverines as well.
hat one is kind of unexpected. MSt is way better, but seem vulnerable to being jumped on early. Mich is only falling to a superior team in MissSt! We'll see how TCU fares tonight. I would have thought better gameplanning would have been carried out by MSt knowiung they'd face a ferocious D and a decent running attack!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
01 Jan 11

PSU loses in a great game to Florida, and the Mighty Big 11 (soon to be 12) is getting embarrassed....again.

Fortunately, Wisconsin should save some face for the conference today.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jan 11

Originally posted by shortcircuit
PSU loses in a great game to Florida, and the Mighty Big 11 (soon to be 12) is getting embarrassed....again.

A terrific first half at the Rose Bowl.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit

Wisconsin saves face, but TCU wins a great Rose Bowl. Tank Carder is one heck of a linebacker!

Another mid-major win in a BCS game. And Happy New Year to the Big Ten - 0-5 today after getting off to a good bowl season start with surprising wins by Iowa and Illinois.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
02 Jan 11

Wisconsin saves face, but TCU wins a great Rose Bowl. Tank Carder is one heck of a linebacker!

Another mid-major win in a BCS game.
Tank was coached in High School by a friend of mine.
The kid was a national BMX racing champion as a kid.
He had his back broken in an auto accident when he was 10 years old.
It was his junior year in high school before he was playing full time.
The kid is just full of determination and talent.
My friend told me last Thursday that he would leave his mark in the Rose Bowl.
He was sure right.

The QB Andy Dalton was also a High School player from the Houston area.
He was a really good kid from Katy and it is good to see him make up for last year.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
02 Jan 11

Big 10 goes 0-4 today, plus the incoming Nebraska spit the bit Thursday night.

Beauty, eh??

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jan 11

Just when it looked like the winner of this thread would have about as good of a winning percentage as the top team in the NFC West, 3 of us go 5-1. Whodey missed picking the Fiesta as did Sac who copied whodey's flawed list. The current standings:

no1: 16-12
Badwater: 15-12
Sac: 14-13
sc: 14-14
whodey: 11-15

s

Moves
02 Jan 11

Just when it looked like the winner of this thread would have about as good of a winning percentage as the top team in the NFC West, 3 of us go 5-1. Whodey missed picking the Fiesta as did Sac who copied whodey's flawed list. The current standings:

no1: 16-12
Badwater: 15-12
Sac: 14-13
sc: 14-14
whodey: 11-15
I can't believe I skipped the Fiesta. Dorky thing to do indeed. However, I am happy I picked TCU! What a whale of a game that was!