College Bowl Predictions!!!

College Bowl Predictions!!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
25 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Here is the tally to date.

Whodey +2

Marauder +2

Badwater +1

Scacchipazzo Even

Shortcicuit -2

The next game is Hawaii vs. Tulsa tonight!!
Hawaii, what happened to ya? Actually I pulled this pick out of my arse. I have not ever seen the play this year.

So this pick seesm to have hurt everyone, and I do mean everyone, except Scacchipazzo. My guess is that no one else has seen the play either. So here are the rankings now as of Christmas.

Whodey +1

Marauder +1

Scacchipazzo +1

Badwater Even

Shortcirciut -3 and taking on water quickly!! 😲

G

Wisconsin

Moves
25 Dec 10

Ditch these stupid bowls. They come up with stupider and stupider names for them every years. And now bowls being dragged out until mid-January?

Just go to a playoff system like in every other NCAA sport and every other division in NCAA football. Top 8 (3 week) or top 16 (4 week) playoff bracket.

s

Moves
25 Dec 10

Originally posted by GamePlayer547
Ditch these stupid bowls. They come up with stupider and stupider names for them every years. And now bowls being dragged out until mid-January?

Just go to a playoff system like in every other NCAA sport and every other division in NCAA football. Top 8 (3 week) or top 16 (4 week) playoff bracket.
NO disagreement, but for now we have them and we pick! Finally broke to 1+! Yay! Not dumber than a guy dumber than an ocotpus or a six year old girl who is now +6!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Dec 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
NO disagreement, but for now we have them and we pick! Finally broke to 1+! Yay! Not dumber than a guy dumber than an ocotpus or a six year old girl who is now +6!
If picking the bowls is sooooooooooooooooooo ridiculous and all you want to do in this thread is say how ridiculous it is, why did you bother?

You really are a jerk.

s

Moves
25 Dec 10
2 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
If picking the bowls is sooooooooooooooooooo ridiculous and all you want to do in this thread is say how ridiculous it is, why did you bother?

You really are a jerk.
Whatever did I do to you to call me a jerk. I am agreeing with the need for a playoff, that's all. Can't you see how gleeful I am to finally break .500. Why does this rub you the wrong way? Seems like only your opinions count and anyone even mifdly disagreeing is a jerk? Projection perhaps?

Alls I can say is whatevs!

BTW, not a bowl, but still in need of being picked is the FCS NCG between Delaware and Eastern Washington. I'm going Delaware.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
27 Dec 10

You and marauder are certainly good pickers! I laugh at being two points better than the guy calling me dumber than an octopus. I reiterate he is dumber than a guy dumber than an octopus! -2! Ha! I think I might be -1 after tonight. Hawaii looks like they might be too much for Tulsa, but Tulsa is plucky. Go Tornados or whatever they're called!

BTW, the little six year old I mentioned before is +5! I wonder how she does it!
She chooses game winners like Gomer Pyle chose the answer on True or False tests.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
27 Dec 10

Don't sell yourself short...you are!!!😛😀

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Dec 10

Updated scorecard:

no1: 5-3
sac: 5-3
Bad: 4-3 (no credit for the New Mexico Bowl)
whodey: 3-4 (overlooked the Poinsettia)
sc: 2-6 (ouch!)

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
27 Dec 10

Updated scorecard:

no1: 5-3
sac: 5-3
Bad: 4-3 (no credit for the New Mexico Bowl)
whodey: 3-4 (overlooked the Poinsettia)
sc: 2-6 (ouch!)
We're we supposed to pick the winners?? LOL

Guess I had better turn it on.
It has been a strange year indeed.
This is the first year in the last 5 where the favorites are currently outrunning the dogs against the spread.
Of course that can change in an instant too.

w

Moves
29 Dec 10
1 edit

I have to say, I'm surprised I am the only one who picked Iowa. Although Mizzu was ranked 12 and Iowa was not ranked, the writing was on the wall this year with the Big 12 having an overall down year. In short, with teams like WVU ranked #22 and Mizzu ranked #12, what you see before you is a ranking system based upon whom these teams have played within their own division, which is nobody!!

Ah!! That was a nice two wins for Whodey!!! 😵 I just can't wait till Wisconsin destroys TCU!!

Moves
30 Dec 10

I called for a waxing of Arizona.

s

Moves
30 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
I have to say, I'm surprised I am the only one who picked Iowa. Although Mizzu was ranked 12 and Iowa was not ranked, the writing was on the wall this year with the Big 12 having an overall down year. In short, with teams like WVU ranked #22 and Mizzu ranked #12, what you see before you is a ranking system based upon whom these teams have played within thei ...[text shortened]... ! That was a nice two wins for Whodey!!! 😵 I just can't wait till Wisconsin destroys TCU!!
Good picks, whodey! The one that stings most is Baylor getting crushed by Illini. I thought Iowa would come to play, but after all the suspensions I felt perhaps Mizzou would take care of bidness. They failed miserably! OkSt is for real and may contend next year!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Dec 10

8 more games in the next two day before the Big New Year's bowls, so I thought I'd update the tightening scorecard:

no1: 8-6
Badwater: 7-6
whodey: 7-6
sac: 7-7
sc: 6-8

No one's exactly tearing it up prediction wise; the race is wide open!

s

Moves
30 Dec 10

8 more games in the next two day before the Big New Year's bowls, so I thought I'd update the tightening scorecard:

We definitely are no Paul Octopi by any stretch. Kate the predicting 1st grader is12-2!

s

Moves
30 Dec 10

BTW I need to make a correction. In the Tenn Vs. UNC I stated tossup. Since there are no ties I am picking UNC over Tenn!