Yet Another JW Thread

Yet Another JW Thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I was responding to Badwater. I didn't think he would make the same mistakes as you two.
Of course I know you cant get anyones name right๐Ÿ˜‰
haha, thanks Karoly Poly

R

The Smoke

Moves
22 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
that you are unaware of what out actual stance is with regard to any of these allegations illustrates the point entirely.
Robbie, you're a funny chap.. I mean, reading your posts almost always puts a smile on my face (regardless if I'm agreeing with your post or not) and I do thank you for that! Again, you're just trying to avoid the subject...it seems that you're more defensive about the whole issue than certain extremists from Richard Dawkins Channel 4 TV series about religion or folks featured in "Religulous" movie. Why do you have to complicate things? it wasn't some elusive subject, it was simply a list of rules/codes of conduct. No one really asked if they were rational (I guess you'd say they are) or irrational, merely - if they were true. Really, what's the big deal? Handle the truth or refute the allegations. It just reminds of this chap (Michael Howard, I think) whom Jeremy Paxman asked a question 12 times and still wasn't getting any conclusive answer (can YouTube it, but I'm sure you've seen it). Also, you seem to say 'who are we to judge?' .. now, that's something I agree you with! I dont, at least trying not to..

I have a friend and she's a Mormon (Latter Days Saints), she seemed to be more open when discussing the whole issue of their own do's and dont's.. likewise, have discussed the whole 'pork eating' issue with my Muslim friend Kacem.

p.s. regarding God's will - I was just wondering since it got mentioned, not that it was related to this thread per se. However, it was you who brought it up when discussing this subject earlier in the thread

rc

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by Renars
Robbie, you're a funny chap.. I mean, reading your posts almost always puts a smile on my face (regardless if I'm agreeing with your post or not) and I do thank you for that! Again, you're just trying to avoid to subject...it seems that you're more defensive about the whole issue than certain extremists from Richard Dawkins Channel 4 TV series about religion ...[text shortened]... was you who brought it up when discussing this subject earlier in the thread
Yes my friend, i could go through that thread one by one, refuting and establishing our position based on our understanding of biblical principles, but not this time for i was not the one making the assertions, Raj a ma Taj was. He has been asked on numerous occasions for the substantiation of the allegations and has produced naught but the centre of a very large doughnut. You were correct, i should have stated, these are our beliefs (even thought they were not really accurate) if you dont like them, hit the road, but no, everyone must have recourse to reason, to provide an explanation, to make a defence.

Judgement is not ours to make, thank God, for we are human.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jan 10

1.Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing and friendship with 'worldly' people (Christian or not) who are not Jehovah's Witnesses. (Belonging to a professional association is allowed to the extent that it is required for employment. e.g. a teacher, construction worker, or plumber might be required to join professional organizations or a labor union in order to be employed in their chosen field.)
2.Run for leadership in any organization including their own. (Ministers and leaders within the Watchtower organization are appointed. They do not campaign or run for office. The Society of Jehovah's Witnesses is not a democracy. It is a theocracy.) [1]
3.Hold political office
4.Vote
5.Salute the flag

I'll tackle a few of these...

#1... 2 Cor 6:14. Self explanitory I think.
#2... Brothers are appointed if the qualify for the role of a servant.
#3... Neither Jesus or any of his followers were ever involved in politics. He said his Kingdom was no part of the world. John 18:36.
#4... " " " "
#5... " " " "

Are there any problems with these answers?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Jan 10

I'm bored with it for once. Easy to pile on but for what point??

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by menace71
I'm bored with it for once. Easy to pile on but for what point??

Manny
Easy to pile on but easy to answer..

F

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Judgement is not ours to make, thank God, for we are human.
I think you're the most judgemental on this thread, robbie, and you take a pride out of it! Who are you? God?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I think you're the most judgemental on this thread, robbie, and you take a pride out of it! Who are you? God?
The truth is often unpleasent to hear especially when it bucks the trend of the populous. It tends to make ones who speak it unpopular...

F

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by galveston75
The truth is often unpleasent to hear especially when it bucks the trend of the populous. It tends to make ones who speak it unpopular...
Yes, I know. But I know it's something good in him anyway. Even if it is deeply buried in his personality. But I'm sure that his mother loved him anyway...

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Jan 10

Easy to pile on but easy to answer..
Sick of attacking JW's LOL should be happy with that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Manny

Moves
22 Jan 10

One of many that looked unusual to me:

"32.Play competitive sports professionally"

Serena Williams is a JW is she not?

R

The Smoke

Moves
22 Jan 10
2 edits

3.Hold political office
4.Vote
5.Salute the flag

I'll tackle a few of these...

#1... 2 Cor 6:14. Self explanitory I think.
#2... Brothers are appointed if the qualify for the role of a servant.
#3... Neither Jesus or any of his followers were ever involved in politics. He said his Kingdom was no part of the world. John 18:36.
#4... " " " "
#5... " " " "

Are there any problems with these answers?
no, no problems whatsoever... I take that was the original intent of this post. You seem to agree with them, though.. by providing valid reasoning, based on JW's scripture (I presume). However, I'm reading from Robbie's previous remarks that these 'allegations' were not true. I'm confused now... but I'm too lazy and chillaxed about it all to carry on questioning...

F

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by Renars
no, no problems whatsoever... I take that was the original intent of this post. You seem to agree with them, though.. by providing valid reasoning, based on JW's scripture (I presume). However, I'm reading from Robbie's previous remarks that these 'allegations' were not true. I'm confused now... but I'm too lazy and chillaxed about it all to carry on questioning...
But the list of the do's and don's are real, right? They are not made to stir things up at this forum, right? They are actually to be found in the JW documents, somewhere, or in the WatchTower Magazine, right?

Well, then they are criticizable, and calls for an explanation.

Democracy, as an example, specifically the voting system in various countires, is a no-no, according to the list. JWers don't want to have democracy, do they? They rather want a teocracy, with JWers in the top, not criticizable. Right?

This is an important matter! Think of a world with all JWers? It will be a nightmare for every freedom-loving man and woman. Because there will be no freedom at all. Think North-Korea, and multiply it many times over and over. Think Nazi-Germany... Think any country who want total mind control.

Moves
22 Jan 10
2 edits

Originally posted by FabianFnas
But the list of the do's and don's are real, right? They are not made to stir things up at this forum, right? They are actually to be found in the JW documents, somewhere, or in the WatchTower Magazine, right?

Well, then they are criticizable, and calls for an explanation.

Democracy, as an example, specifically the voting system in various countires any times over and over. Think Nazi-Germany... Think any country who want total mind control.
I think based on:

"9.Join the armed forces
10.Become a police officer
11.Own a gun
12.Have any job that requires them to carry a gun
13.Wear military uniforms or clothing associated with war
14.Take combat training "

You don't have to worry too much about JW world domination. Unless they implement giant, secret, mind control ray guns and don't tell us about it.

F

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by Ullr
I think based on:

"9.Join the armed forces
10.Become a police officer
11.Own a gun
12.Have any job that requires them to carry a gun
13.Wear military uniforms or clothing associated with war
14.Take combat training "

You don't have to worry too much about JW world domination. Unless they implement giant, secret, mind control ray guns and don't tell us about it.
Well, I'm not afraid of any word domination from their side.

If they don't want to be a part of the society (not vote, not be in the political life, etc) then why don't they go and isolate themselves? There are vast non-populated territories here and there in the world, and then they can do whatever they want there. Now they want to be within the society to declare they don't want to. That's an oxymoron from my point of view. Par example, where is their headquarter located?

I see them as a cult. And as a cult they should be treated.