Women and the church

Women and the church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
29 Oct 09

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
do you agree that jesus spoke for the world of 2000 years ago? do you understand that some of what he said may apply to those people? not the whole "love your neighbour thing" which is universally true but the other stuff he said. or didn't say.

in the bible god punished the doods that built the babel tower and obliterated any evidence of its ruins(but ...[text shortened]... sky scrapers.

as such, do we hold sky scrapers as evil or not? the bible says we must.
nope i do not agree, truth is eternal and has a potency all of its own!

Z

Moves
29 Oct 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
nope i do not agree, truth is eternal and has a potency all of its own!
there are some truths that are eternal, other truths poof into lies as soon as the concepts on which they are based change.

but of course, you dodged my question, or you didn't bother to read all my post.

-god punished the first sky scraper builders. jesus didn't mention anything about it.
-jesus didn't mention anything about noah -> as such you hold noah to be real
-jesus suggested women shouldn't be stoned to death - >as such the OT rule about stoning dropped

all of the above considered, do you believe building sky scrapers is offensive to god or not?

rc

Moves
29 Oct 09

there are some truths that are eternal, other truths poof into lies as soon as the concepts on which they are based change.

but of course, you dodged my question, or you didn't bother to read all my post.

-god punished the first sky scraper builders. jesus didn't mention anything about it.
-jesus didn't mention anything about noah -> as such you hol ...[text shortened]... ll of the above considered, do you believe building sky scrapers is offensive to god or not?
i read it, painful as it was, dismissed the claims, for the basis of building sky scrapers and the motives of those who built the tower of Bable are obviously not the same, Christ did mention Noah, but cause your a noob you dont know that, and the ordinances of the Hebrew scriptures have been made obsolete.

Z

Moves
29 Oct 09

i read it, painful as it was, dismissed the claims, for the basis of building sky scrapers and the motives of those who built the tower of Bable are obviously not the same, Christ did mention Noah, but cause your a noob you dont know that, and the ordinances of the Hebrew scriptures have been made obsolete.
quotes? arguments? nothing?

-so the builders of babel tower had some motives and god punished them.
-the builders of sky scrapers have some other motives and god doesn't punish them
-paul has some motives for assigning women to a life of servitude, dependant on their husbands benevolence
-we are not allowed to have motives that would make us put the women in their rightful place: equal to men.
and you insist on saying that there is nothing wrong with these pictures. and how god seems to bend the rules like he bloody seems fit? (i am being sarcastic: of course it's not god who is to blame, it's the jerks that invent what religion they need to further their goals)

the ordinances of the hebrew scriptures are made obsolete, but not noah's story. because of course, noah story is actually correct, but god realized that stoning a woman is no longer ok.

rc

Moves
29 Oct 09
1 edit

quotes? arguments? nothing?

-so the builders of babel tower had some motives and god punished them.
-the builders of sky scrapers have some other motives and god doesn't punish them
-paul has some motives for assigning women to a life of servitude, dependant on their husbands benevolence
-we are not allowed to have motives that would make us put the w urse, noah story is actually correct, but god realized that stoning a woman is no longer ok.
yes they had motives, would youy like to know what they were?
yes the builders of skyscrapers have motives that are not disharmonious with Gods will and purpose.
paul had the best interests of males and females at heart, that is why he expended his life trying to help them, ultimately suffering martyrdom in the process,
you can have any motive you like, if it takes a stance in opposition to the revealed word of God, that is your business
no the word of God is not only inspired, but it is the practical thing to do. its only very recently that the pansies of secular liberalism have tried to question its validity, without success i may hasten to add. Human reasoning is without question a very fickle friend, what is accepted today is blown away as chaff tomorrow, but the word of God has stood the practical test for more than three thousand years! this you cannot deny!

i love this quote from grandpa Bobby

Quite simply,
those who reject divine authority and an absolute truth viewpoint are left holding
a bag of 'Invictus' human viewpoint and the counterfeit currency of relative truth.

Z

Moves
29 Oct 09

Z

Moves
29 Oct 09

yes the builders of skyscrapers have motives that are not disharmonious with Gods will and purpose.
paul had the best interests of males and females at heart, that is why he expended his life trying to help them, ultimately suffering martyrdom in the process,
you can have any motive y ...[text shortened]... t holding
a bag of 'Invictus' human viewpoint and the counterfeit currency of relative truth.
yes, please.

and churchil drank alot. some characteristics or actions don't minimize nor excuse others. churchil remains the one who rallied the brittish in thw wwii and paul remains a gospel writer with some good stuff and some mysoginistic ideas. which were justified then, stupid now.

no the word of God is not only inspired, but it is the practical thing to do.
it is hardly practical to sacrifice sheep for god to have an air freshner in heaven.
and it is highly impractical to half the intellectual potential of the human race. only the most obtuse and brainwashed fundamentalist still thinks man should rule over women today.

Human reasoning is without question a very fickle friend, what is accepted today is blown away as chaff tomorrow, but the word of God has stood the practical test for more than three thousand years! this you cannot deny!
if by "stood the test of time" you mean some knuckleheads from vatican refuse to change the good book then yes, it has stood the test of time. otherwise (thankfully) women can refuse obeying their husbands and are not at the mercy of his benevolence. which pretty much puts a dent in your "stood the test of time" theory.
in your view. my view is that the important things in the bible are as true today as they will ever be. you sadly choose to consider "love" as important as "fear", "knowledge" less important than "ignorance". women are considered second class beings in your view. which is retarded.

rc

Moves
29 Oct 09

yes, please.

and churchil drank alot. some characteristics or actions don't minimize nor excuse others. churchil remains the one ...[text shortened]... norance". women are considered second class beings in your view. which is retarded.
i shall reply to this outrage later, right now i need to go to work ! spit ding!

Z

Moves
29 Oct 09

i shall reply to this outrage later, right now i need to go to work ! spit ding!
don't bother

rc

Moves
29 Oct 09
3 edits

don't bother
its ok, i know you cannot take the truth anyhow, your knowledge of scripture is scant, you're understanding even less, your assertions utter ludicrous and without foundation and your avatar is pure gay! get a grip zippy!

Moves
29 Oct 09
1 edit

Truth - lol! You're hilarious, RB; dodge direct questions, answer in generalities and cliches, and then when people tire of your inability to follow a line of reasoning you say they can't acknowledge the truth!

That's stand-up funny! Doesn't mean squat, but it's funny!

Moves
29 Oct 09

... and your avatar is pure gay! get a grip zippy!
Personal attacks? Name calling? You're no Christian, Robbie, you're a tart. A bully.

rc

Moves
29 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Badwater
Truth - lol! You're hilarious, RB; dodge direct questions, answer in generalities and cliches, and then when people tire of your inability to follow a line of reasoning you say they can't acknowledge the truth!

That's stand-up funny! Doesn't mean squat, but it's funny!
oh still sore from my direct refutation of your two creation myths i see, well well and i thought that i let you off lightly! actually if you shall note, i am perfectlt prepared to refute Zippys assertions, but he is a woosie and cannot handle it, thus he slinks away whimpering with the tail between his legs, so be it, but i am not being subject to accusation of 'cant follow a line of reason', 'or dodging questions', for his nor your sake! i have provided, to the best of my knowledge, in each and every case, a plausible, reasonable and sculptural based answer!

rc

Moves
29 Oct 09

Personal attacks? Name calling? You're no Christian, Robbie, you're a tart. A bully.
what Zippy measures out to me shall be measured out in return, he has persistently called me names, and therefore can he expect anything else in kind? did not Paul call the Pharisees, 'white washed graves', did not the Christ term the Pharisees, 'offspring of vipers'? i resent the term bully!

Z

Moves
29 Oct 09

bully should suggest someone uses his/her strength(emotional, physical etc) to push around someone with inferior strength.

the carrobie doesn't have any strength. not somethign that would show on this forum. therefore he doesn't and can't bully anyone.

maybe he can knit very good.

from what we can see on this forum, he is truly a wreck of a human being. retarded and proud of it. abnoxious and prout of it. obtuse and proud of it. self delusional and oblivious.

oh well.