Why

Why

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Nov 14

At physical birth human beings are dichotomous: body and soul [home of our rational thought, memory center and volition]; at the moment of spiritual birth through faith alone in Christ alone the Holy Spirit imputes a Human Spirit [now trichotomous with body, soul and spirit] which enables all believers to understand and assimilate absolute truth from the Word of God.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
... which enables all believers to understand and assimilate absolute truth from the Word of God.
What a pity that you are the only believer in the World. Makes one wonder why you even bothered to say 'all believers' when you could have just said 'me'.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
What a pity that you are the only believer in the World. Makes one wonder why you even bothered to say 'all believers' when you could have just said 'me'.
Yes, twhitehead, God has made provision for all believers in Christ to grow in grace and knowledge in order that they may mature as members of His Royal Family. When you learn who Christ is you begin to share His thinking which becomes the measure of your own thinking, conscience, priorities, tranquility of soul and relaxed mental attitude toward all mankind. Considering the "fleeting vapor trail" brevity of our lives on planet earth, ignoring the certainty of eternity is suicidal.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Nov 14

blah blah blah.
Perhaps after an eternity you will get some grasp of written English.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Nov 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Perhaps after an eternity you will get some grasp of written English.
"Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban." -Russ

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 14

Yes, twhitehead, God has made provision for all believers in Christ to grow in grace and knowledge in order that they may mature as members of His Royal Family. When you learn who Christ is you begin to share His thinking which becomes the measure of your own thinking, conscience, priorities, tranquility of soul and relaxed mental attitude toward ...[text shortened]... por trail" brevity of our lives on planet earth, ignoring the certainty of eternity is suicidal.
God has not it seems made provision for believers to understand English and carry on a normal conversation.

Since what I said seems to have gone right over your head, let me try and explain it again:
You said:
.... which enables all believers to understand and assimilate absolute truth from the Word of God.

Now given that what you promote as the truth is noticeably different from what every other Christian I meet promotes as the truth, I can only conclude that those other Christians are not actually believers as they have clearly failed to assimilate the absolute truth from the Word of God as you have.
From that I conclude that you are the only actual believer.
Now do you disagree with my conclusion and if so, what is wrong with my argument, or with your original claim?

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 14

"Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban." -Russ
You will first have to prove that his modification misrepresents the original post. His summary captured quite well what I understood from it. If he misunderstood you, you should consider clarifying your position rather than threatening him with a ban. Or do you in fact have no actual desire to communicate?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Nov 14

With the aid of technology we can detect everything we currently know to exist.

God is invisible? So is that pink unicorn lookying over your shoulder.

Don't be silly.
"With the aid of technology we can detect everything we currently know to exist."

Technology can detect what we know exists in the physical realm. The spirit isn't physical.

"God is invisible?"

Invisible to the physical senses. Just give in to it!

"So is that pink unicorn lookying over your shoulder."

You can see Invisible Pink Unicorns? WOW! I'm impressed!

"Don't be silly."

What? And stop posting in this forum? No way!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Nov 14

God has not it seems made provision for believers to understand English and carry on a normal conversation.

Since what I said seems to have gone right over your head, let me try and explain it again:
You said:
.... which enables all believers to understand and assimilate absolute truth from the Word of God.

Now given that what you pro ...[text shortened]... agree with my conclusion and if so, what is wrong with my argument, or with your original claim?
Unsure to which "other Christians" you refer; their identities are inconsequential. The stern fact is that all believers in Christ across the world have in the past and continue now to mature at different rates over the years or choose to remain infants.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Nov 14

You will first have to prove that his modification misrepresents the original post. His summary captured quite well what I understood from it. If he misunderstood you, you should consider clarifying your position rather than threatening him with a ban. Or do you in fact have no actual desire to communicate?
"blah blah blah."

"Perhaps after an eternity you will get some grasp of written English."

"Important : Posts on this board may be subject to moderation. Please refrain from spamming, flaming or using excessively offensive language on this board. Review posting guidelines in full." - Russ ---- > Help : forumguide

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 14

Unsure to which "other Christians" you refer; their identities are inconsequential. The stern fact is that all believers in Christ across the world have in the past and continue now to mature at different rates over the years or choose to remain infants.
So, it appears you are withdrawing your claim and not all believers are able to understand and assimilate absolute truth from the Word of God.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 14

"blah blah blah."

"Perhaps after an eternity you will get some grasp of written English."

"Important : Posts on this board may be subject to moderation. Please refrain from spamming, flaming or using excessively offensive language on this board. Review posting guidelines in full." - Russ ---- > Help : forumguide
You may not realize it, but your rude threats are more offensive than what wolfgang59 wrote.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 14

Here is a challenge to anyone that claims that truth can reliably be obtained form the Bible:
Find me three people who are able to obtain the truth from the Bible.
Allow me to interview them and ask them some questions to which they must respond with some of this truth.
I will then compare the answers they give and see if they match.

Who here thinks they would match?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Nov 14

So, it appears you are withdrawing your claim and not all believers are able to understand and assimilate absolute truth from the Word of God.
Yes, twhitehead, God has made provision for all believers in Christ to grow in grace and knowledge in order that they may mature as members of His Royal Family. When you learn who Christ is you begin to share His thinking which becomes the measure of your own thinking, conscience, priorities, tranquility of soul and relaxed mental attitude toward all mankind. Considering the "fleeting vapor trail" brevity of our lives on planet earth, ignoring the certainty of eternity is suicidal.

twhitehead, learning is all about priorities and motivation in any academic realm. "God has made provision for all believers in Christ to grow in grace and knowledge in order that they may mature as members of His Royal Family." Whether individual Christians avail themselves of the opportunity is a matter of positive or negative volition and between them and God.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Nov 14

Here is a challenge to anyone that claims that truth can reliably be obtained form the Bible:
Find me three people who are able to obtain the truth from the Bible.
Allow me to interview them and ask them some questions to which they must respond with some of this truth.
I will then compare the answers they give and see if they match.

Who here thinks they would match?
At physical birth human beings are dichotomous: body and soul [home of our rational thought, memory center and volition]; at the moment of spiritual birth through faith alone in Christ alone the Holy Spirit imputes a Human Spirit [now trichotomous with body, soul and spirit] which enables all believers to understand and assimilate absolute truth from the Word of God.

twhitehead, as a person who has apparently rejected God's grace gift of eternal life with a decision to choose for rather than against Christ and relationship with Him you are incapable of understanding biblical truth. I pray you'll change your mind.