1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 01:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    Quit twisting my words and provide the quote were I called anyone a liar.
    I didn't say you called anyone a liar.

Is this you dodging?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 01:39
    Originally posted by FMF

Is this you dodging?
    No, it's you obfuscating.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 01:42
    No, it's you obfuscating.

I haven't twisted your words. I have quoted you verbatim.

Nowhere have I used the word "liar".
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 01:52
    Originally posted by FMF

I haven't twisted your words. I have quoted you verbatim.

Nowhere have I used the word "liar".
    Are you even reading this thread? Did you bother to read the exchange between me and wolfgang on the previous page?

Do you even realize that you ran this thing down a rabbit trail for absolutely nothing?

No? I didn't think so.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 01:541 edit
    Are you even reading this thread? Did you bother to read the exchange between me and wolfgang on the previous page?

Do you even realize that you ran this thing down a rabbit trail for absolutely nothing?

No? I didn't think so.
    I didn't say you called anyone a liar. Why do you think I did?

The exchange I am involved in is with you. You can tackle wofgang59 regarding your exchange with him.

Are you going to go back now and address what I confronted you with?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 03:58
    Originally posted by josephw to wolfgang59
    Maybe if we started having positive things to say to each other .........
    The entire post:

Maybe if we started having positive things to say to each other we wouldn't need to be so critical of another's personality and style. I don't act that way(negatively toward others)in my personal life, and as difficult as it is I try to maintain some form of decency and respect of my fellow forum posters.

I try. That's all I can do. I'm not perfect. If and when I'm caught in a fault, and make an error, I try to make amends. Making critical judgements about others during a debate is unjustified. It's disingenuous. It's intellectually dishonest and immature. We should take precautions not to deliberately try to hurt others by name calling and hurling insults as tempting as it mat be at times.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 04:43
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The entire post:

Maybe if we started having positive things to say to each other we wouldn't need to be so critical of another's personality and style. I don't act that way(negatively toward others)in my personal life, and as difficult as it is I try to maintain some form of decency and respect of my fellow forum posters.

I try. That's all I can do ...[text shortened]... rately try to hurt others by name calling and hurling insults as tempting as it mat be at times.
    To be honest, this is a bit tedious. You are all hypersensitive to each other. Just ignore it and the forum might start being more reasonable again.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 04:59
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    To be honest, this is a bit tedious. You are all hypersensitive to each other. Just ignore it and the forum might start being more reasonable again.
    I suggest you don't read the thread or the posts/posters concerned. I am finding josephw's behaviour on the last few pages very interesting and your disapproval means absolutely nothing. There is really no reason why you should expect to enjoy ALL the comings and goings in a community like this one. Efforts to police this public message board always fail, 🙂
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 09:07
    I politely suggest you are missing the point of some of these albeit lengthy exchanges. It is often hard to keep up because the protagonists spend a huge amount of effort hemming and hawing, deflecting and dodging thier way out of various corners they find themselves in. Along the way (if one has the patience and resolve to persist) their is much of interest to observe in the way of intellectual dishonesty, hubris and outright horrible beliefs. I contend that it is in these albeit lengthy sidelines where the true nature of some of the regular posters becomes evident.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Nov '14 10:28
    You are correct - it is tedious.
    As to hypersensitive - I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of a single
    post which he (josephw) is now trying to defend. I am just
    responding to his subsequent posts.

It is tedious, it has side-tracked the debate
    and it demonstrates the need for a moderator.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree