Why your moral compass is important

Why your moral compass is important

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
I have never said people will burn alive for anything I believe or said, you should
at least stick to the things I have said, to do otherwise is well not truthful.
Like most religious extremists who believe that it is morally acceptable for their version of God to kill or torture people who do not believe in him/her, you appear to be also a coward who is unable to fully stand behind those beliefs when intellectually challenged.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 22

@fmf said
Yes, I know, but do you feel it's not your own?
What?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 22

@divegeester said
Like most religious extremists who believe that it is morally acceptable for their version of God to kill or torture people who do not believe in him/her, you appear to be also a coward who is unable to fully stand behind those beliefs when intellectually challenged.
It isn’t anyone’s point of view you should be concerning yourself with but what does the scripture say? Simply pointing to someone and calling them extremist doesn’t change the reality of what is being discussed one way or another. What does the Bible say on the matter, not what you think it should say, or what I say.

Moves
16 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
It isn’t anyone’s point of view you should be concerning yourself with but what does the scripture say? Simply pointing to someone and calling them extremist doesn’t change the reality of what is being discussed one way or another. What does the Bible say on the matter, not what you think it should say, or what I say.
This thread is about the corruption of religious, or other ideologues, moral compasses through the willing adaptation of it to fit the demands of their particular dogmas.

Your moral compass has moved from indicating to you that burning people alive for not accepting your personal religious beliefs NOT morally right, to accepting that burning people alive for rejecting your religious beliefs IS acceptable.

This has occurred with you because of your devoted adherence to a particular interpretation of Biblical scripture. This is no different to, for example, Islamic extremist fundamentalists devoted adherence of their own particular interpretation of the Quran.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 22

@divegeester said
This thread is about the corruption of religious, or other ideologues, moral compasses through the willing adaptation of it to fit the demands of their particular dogmas.

Your moral compass has moved from indicating to you that burning people alive for not accepting your personal religious beliefs NOT morally right, to accepting that burning people alive for rejecting ...[text shortened]... mic extremist fundamentalists devoted adherence of their own particular interpretation of the Quran.
You seem to think what is and isn’t good and evil is all up to you and not God. You telling me your sense of morality is an improvement over the Lord God of Heaven and Earth, you know what should be done regardless of what the scriptures say?

F

Moves
16 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
What?
Do you see yourself as a free moral agent?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Sep 22

@fmf said
Do you see yourself as a free moral agent?
Who cares how I see myself if there isn't something connecting all of us?

F

Moves
17 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
It matters, and people might care, in so far as you are expressing personal opinions about moral matters.

F

Moves
17 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
That we, as human beings, have unique moral compasses to govern our actions and interactions is surely "something connecting all of us", right?

Moves
17 Sep 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You seem to think what is and isn’t good and evil is all up to you and not God. You telling me your sense of morality is an improvement over the Lord God of Heaven and Earth, you know what should be done regardless of what the scriptures say?
Sanctimoniously comparing yourself to the Lord God in Heaven (sonship style) does not detract from my laser bean point that you used to believe it was unacceptable to burn people alive for rejecting your particular version of the Christian God, and since you have become a Christian and assimilated the dogma of eternal suffering, you DO feel it is acceptable.

In this, you are morally no better than the the Islamic extremists who thought it was morally acceptable to burn alive that American pilot a few years ago.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Sep 22

@divegeester said
Sanctimoniously comparing yourself to the Lord God in Heaven (sonship style) does not detract from my laser bean point that you used to believe it was unacceptable to burn people alive for rejecting your particular version of the Christian God, and since you have become a Christian and assimilated the dogma of eternal suffering, you DO feel it is acceptable.

In this, ...[text shortened]... extremists who thought it was morally acceptable to burn alive that American pilot a few years ago.
Hardly, your fuzzy focus isn't a laser bean dive its all over the place, you make it
up as you go nothing focused about that, you can accept some scripture to prove
your point and deny others, making you not scripture the final say, which is putting
you above the Word of God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Sep 22

@fmf said
That we, as human beings, have unique moral compasses to govern our actions and interactions is surely "something connecting all of us", right?
The fact we know there is a right and wrong, that all things are not amoral tells us
there a right and wrong, but because we disagree we see things differently, also
tells us we are broken.

F

Moves
17 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
The fact we know there is a right and wrong, that all things are not amoral tells us
there a right and wrong, but because we disagree we see things differently, also
tells us we are broken.
The fact we have a way of disceening right and wrong is simply a consequence of each of us having a moral compass.

F

Moves
17 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
because we disagree we see things differently, also
tells us we are broken.
You do not accept people "disagreeing" and "seeing things differently" from you?

F

Moves
17 Sep 22
1 edit

@fmf said
You do not accept people "disagreeing" and "seeing things differently" from you?
@kellyjay

Does your moral compass tell you that people "disagreeing" and "seeing things differently" from you is immoral?