Why I don't believe the Bible

Why I don't believe the Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Moves
01 Apr 11

Originally posted by Agerg
Oh ok...I'll humour you for a moment, where do I find the tree of knowledge, what plane do I catch?
The Tree of Life is in Heaven? The Tree of Knowledge of good and evil was destroyed by the flood?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Apr 11

Originally posted by gambit3
The Tree of Life is in Heaven? The Tree of Knowledge of good and evil was destroyed by the flood?
Not as convincing as gandalf remaking the earth with magc I'm afraid.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
desperado! we shall look at a prophecy in detail soon enough, i am just up, having had a migraine earlier.
Indeed - the downside of having teeth is they force you to go to the dentist whereby the suffering afterwards is most grim.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Apr 11

sooo you believe everything you watch on the television if presented by a pretty girl,
meh, who can blame ya!, damnable BBC, they know nothing about scripture, nor the
Bible.
The young lady in question (Dr Francesca Stavrakopoulou) is actually extraordinarily knowledgeable regards scripture, and not the translated stuff either. She is also super hot.

g

Moves
01 Apr 11

Not as convincing as gandalf remaking the earth with magc I'm afraid.
For my fantasy I prefer the Forgotten Realms and Elminster Aumar.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Apr 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
The young lady in question (Dr Francesca Stavrakopoulou) is actually extraordinarily knowledgeable regards scripture, and not the translated stuff either. She is also super hot.
Not too bad - she gets an 8 out of 10 on the Vordermann scale.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Apr 11

Originally posted by gambit3
For my fantasy I prefer the Forgotten Realms and Elminster Aumar.
It's not fantasy...this stuff actually happened.

rc

Moves
01 Apr 11

Oh really perhaps you can pinpoint the Biblical text she uses to show that Adam was a King
of Jerusalem and that the Garden of Eden was in Jerusalem, for I have studied
scripture almost every day for fifteen years and I have yet to come across it. It
appears to me you have been somewhat swayed by her curves rather than the actual
content of what she was saying.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Apr 11

Oh really perhaps you can pinpoint the Biblical text she uses to show that Adam was a King
of Jerusalem and that the Garden of Eden was in Jerusalem, for I have studied
scripture almost every day for fifteen years and I have yet to come across it. It
appears to me you have been somewhat swayed by her curves rather than the actual
content of what she was saying.
I expect it's on IPlayer, so you can go watch it if you like. I'll merely say that to my mind she constructs a far more believable scenario than the literal interpretation that you favour. I understand that you are obliged to swallow that whole according to the tenets of your faith, and this, of course, renders you impervious to any other viewpoint, so I don't expect her ideas will find fertile ground with you.

rc

Moves
01 Apr 11
2 edits

I expect it's on IPlayer, so you can go watch it if you like. I'll merely say that to my mind she constructs a far more believable scenario than the literal interpretation that you favour. I understand that you are obliged to swallow that whole according to the tenets of your faith, and this, of course, renders you impervious to any other viewpoint, so I don't expect her ideas will find fertile ground with you.
So you have proffered nothing, well well, how intwesting, I say to you avalanche the
putty cat, that if you put a pretty girl on TV with letters after her name, you could be
made to believe almost anything. What is known about the garden of Eden is written
in scripture, not in the speculative claims of some rationalising secularist BBC
documentary. No matter how pretty the lady is.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Apr 11
1 edit

So you have proffered nothing, well well, how intwesting, I say to you avalanche the
putty cat, that if you put a pretty girl on TV with letters after her name, you could be
made to believe almost anything. What is known about the garden of Eden is written
in scripture, not in the speculative claims of some rationalising secularist BBC
documentary. No matter how pretty the lady is.
What is known about the garden of Eden is written in scripture
What is known about Middle Earth is written in The lord of The Rings (and it says nothing about any Garden of Eden).

rc

Moves
01 Apr 11
2 edits

[b]What is known about the garden of Eden is written in scripture
What is known about Middle Earth is written in The lord of The Rings (and it says nothing about any Garden of Eden).[/b]
shouldn't you be instead fantasising about Carol Voderman teaching you number
theory or some other branch of mathematics? Who cares what it says, it has been
proven to be a work of fantasy, no real people, no real places, no real events.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Apr 11
2 edits

shouldn't you be instead fantasising about Carol Voderman teaching you number
theory or some other branch of mathematics? who cares what it says, it has been
proven to be a work of fantasy, no real people, no real places, no real events.
If she can teach me someting about Daubechies wavelets I'd be very grateful...until that happens I'll content myself with spreading the Truth :]

Exactly how has it been "proven" to be a work of fantasy Robbie???...this should be interesting...

rc

Moves
01 Apr 11
1 edit

If she can teach me someting about Daubechies wavelets I'd be very grateful...until that happens I'll content myself with spreading the Truth :]

Exactly how has it been "proven" to be a work of fantasy Robbie...this should be interesting...
Daubechies wavelets? if you teach me about 3d fractal generation, i would be grateful, what does this mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandelbulb

your work has been proven to contain no real people, events or places.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Apr 11
3 edits

Daubechies wavelets? if you teach me about 3d fractal generation, i would be grateful, what does this mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandelbulb

your work has been proven to contain no real people, events or places.
I haven't really studied the Mandlebrot set so I'd be in a poor position to explain anything on this matter.
In what way has it been "proven"? in detail please. You *thinking* it's fantasy is no substitute for a rigorous logical proof that it *is* fantasy.