Who's  got  the scoop on Moses?

Who's got the scoop on Moses?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
07 Aug 06

Originally posted by vistesd
Well, I've got to unplug myself now from the paradigm I've squeezed myself into for this discussion. The squeeze has become too tight; I just wanted to explore an alternative view. My last questions to LH are curiosity questions only.
What I really don't understand is that "christian's" quote others far more than they ever quote Christ, if fact, if somebody does quote him, they contradict his words using Paul's words.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
07 Aug 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
I'll probably sign-off this thread after this as well.

The Church teaches that there is eternal suffering, primarily in that the human soul (which was "designed", in a sense, to be eternally united to God) is eternally separated from God. Sort of like a tree separated from the earth ("ground of being", anyone? 😉)

As to the second question, I'm not sure.
You know, this is totally off the mark, but when I re-read my second question, I was reminded of the old sadist/masochist joke—

M: “Beat me, torture me, make me suffer!”

S: “No.”

Hmmm . . .

Moves
07 Aug 06

Originally posted by frogstomp
What I really don't understand is that "christian's" quote others far more than they ever quote Christ, if fact, if somebody does quote him, they contradict his words using Paul's words.
A few years ago, the Southern Baptist Convention removed from their founding charter or whatever, a statement to the effect that the scriptures had to be interpreted “in light of Christ” (something like that, I don’t recall the exact phrase), stating that the scriptures, as the word of God, are self-interpreting...

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
07 Aug 06
2 edits

Originally posted by vistesd
A few years ago, the Southern Baptist Convention removed from their founding charter or whatever, a statement to the effect that the scriptures had to be interpreted “in light of Christ” (something like that, I don’t recall the exact phrase), stating that the scriptures, as the word of God, are self-interpreting...
If one of them can convince me that Moses and Joshua killing babies as doing god's work, thats when I give up the search and say to hell with you god.

Jew.

Moves
07 Aug 06

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
07 Aug 06

Originally posted by 7ate9
i ain't saying yes or no to anything here but looking from a different wider angle.

the environment would also be important to making judgments on why things happen. like in church it would seem wrong to swear yet in jail it would be expected. during extreme times or places extremer measures are needed for balance which would seem wrong during times which ...[text shortened]... more than was taken. this is something that those who play 'God' do not have any power over.
I am at peace with my universe.
No more mysteries to solve or mountains to climb.

cyall

Hmmm . . .

Moves
08 Aug 06

cyall
“What need had I for so many efforts? The soft lines of these hills and the hand of evening on this troubled heart teach me much more. I have returned to my beginning.”

—Camus

g

Moves
08 Aug 06
3 edits

cyall
Thank you frogstomp your posts stood up for truth, they were thought provoking, accentuated with humour 🙂 your knowledge and wisdom were a great asset to these forums, you were quick to question ficticious imagination and delusive dreams, truth is built on facts of positive truths founded upon a "rock." it's foundation is secure.

Peace with conscience is like a stream, chrystal clear, which issues forth a quiet rest of the understanding of the conscience.

Peace IS the way

gil

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you."—John 14:27.