Who's  got  the scoop on Moses?

Who's got the scoop on Moses?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
04 Aug 06

Originally posted by royaltystatement
I recommend reading the Proverbs of Solomon.
I recommend psychiatric help.

d

Moves
04 Aug 06

Originally posted by frogstomp
careful , here comes the you dont know how to read it crap.

lmao
I love that crap.

r

Moves
04 Aug 06

Originally posted by dottewell
I recommend psychiatric help.
Opinions are self-generated and many times biased. I read worthy things which add to my learning about the kingdom of God. Psychiatrists read what adds to their learning where there profession is concerned.

d

Moves
04 Aug 06

Opinions are self-generated and many times biased. I read worthy things which add to my learning about the kingdom of God. Psychiatrists read what adds to their learning where there profession is concerned.
Your humility knows no bounds.

r

Moves
04 Aug 06

Your humility knows no bounds.
The word of GOD is universal, timeless, and all powerful. Why do you think after so many years it is still here and so many people still believe it?

r

Moves
04 Aug 06

No, Im refering to the Midianites and the Canaanites.
They too were a rebellious people who knew not the ways of the Lord.

w

Moves
04 Aug 06

So there could have been no Messiah without the birth of the Jewish nation, and no Jewish nation without the genocide/baby-killing?

Mysterious ways indeed.
This is not the whole picture. As I have said in my previous posts, the Canaanites did the exact same thing to the Shemites who were decendants of the Hebrews. In effect, it was an eye for an eye.

As far as how God works, he works through faith. Due to the faith of Abraham, for example, he was able to raise a people who would give birth to the Messiah. Does it seem strange to anyone that God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son in the similar fashion that God sacrificed his Son? Granted, God stopped Abraham from doing so, but through his faithful act, Abraham opened the door for God to work through him in similar fashion.

d

Moves
04 Aug 06

Originally posted by whodey
This is not the whole picture. As I have said in my previous posts, the Canaanites did the exact same thing to the Shemites who were decendants of the Hebrews. In effect, it was an eye for an eye.

As far as how God works, he works through faith. Due to the faith of Abraham, for example, he was able to raise a people who would give birth to the Messiah ...[text shortened]... hrough his faithful act, Abraham opened the door for God to work through him in similar fashion.
Well, perhaps you could explain the whole picture a little better. What I wrote is an accurate summary of your post. And to anyone who reads it, it will seem extremely bizarre.

You seem to be suggesting that there was no other way to prepare the earth for the coming of Christ. That's just implausible.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
04 Aug 06
1 edit

They too were a rebellious people who knew not the ways of the Lord.
how the fork could they be rebelling against something they had no knowlege of?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
04 Aug 06

Well, perhaps you could explain the whole picture a little better. What I wrote is an accurate summary of your post. And to anyone who reads it, it will seem extremely bizarre.

You seem to be suggesting that there was no other way to prepare the earth for the coming of Christ. That's just implausible.
That book doesnt say any reason for killing them , except they were on the land.

d

Moves
05 Aug 06

That book doesnt say any reason for killing them , except they were on the land.
That's what I thought.

I await Whodey's explanation of the "whole picture" with great interest.

w

Moves
05 Aug 06
2 edits

That's what I thought.

I await Whodey's explanation of the "whole picture" with great interest.
As I said before, God works through the faith of other men. Abraham was God's faithful servant and God made a covenant with him in order to bless him. He promised Abraham and his descendants all the land that in the Holy Land. After all, it was his to give. The Canaanites, however, had other plans and wrongfully killed off the ancestors of the Hebrews in the land. The decsendants of Shem had been alloted this land as an inheritance and the Canaanites were alloted another peice of land but decided to take it as well. So here we have God in a position of #1 Keeping a promise to Abraham and giving it to his descendants #2 Doing justice to the Canaanite genocide of the Shemites and stealing of property that was not alloted to them #3 Having the long term goal of working through Abraham to bring forth a nation in order to bring forth the Messiah to reach the world. This is the big pircture.

w

Moves
05 Aug 06

As I have said before, the Bible only alludes to the Canaanite conquest and genocide of the Shemite people. It does not go into detail. If you look at other Hebrew writings and the sources I have provided via Wiki, however, it is plain as to what happened.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
05 Aug 06

As I have said before, the Bible only alludes to the Canaanite conquest and genocide of the Shemite people. It does not go into detail. If you look at other Hebrew writings and the sources I have provided via Wiki, however, it is plain as to what happened.
Oh no, it doesn't allude to any such thing,however its specifically refers to both of the genocides that were visited upon the midianites and the canaanites.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
05 Aug 06

As I said before, God works through the faith of other men. Abraham was God's faithful servant and God made a covenant with him in order to bless him. He promised Abraham and his descendants all the land that in the Holy Land. After all, it was his to give. The Canaanites, however, had other plans and wrongfully killed off the ancestors of the Hebrews in ...[text shortened]... rth a nation in order to bring forth the Messiah to reach the world. This is the big pircture.
What a crock !!!!