Who created evil?

Who created evil?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
So how then can you call God 'good' if he created evil?
God calls himself good and I'm not going to call him a liar any more than I'll call Isaiah a liar.

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Haven't you yourself claimed that whatever your god figure does, it is, by definition, "good"? Even genocide, fir example.
I believe God is sovereign and has the right to take a life He created. Genocide is a term used for humans.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

I believe God is sovereign and has the right to take a life He created. Genocide is a term used for humans.
Do you think creating calamity and disaster is not evil if God does it?

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
God calls himself good and I'm not going to call him a liar any more than I'll call Isaiah a liar.
What if the word 'evil' is not the best word used when translating the original language? Why won't you even consider the possibility?

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

So is that a yes or no: whatever your god figure does is "good"?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Aug 17

How exactly did Fetch attack dive, if in fact he is the one you claim Fetch was attacking.
Good God man, have you forgotten you were Fetch?!

Just how many accounts do you have?

Moves
02 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
Do you think creating calamity and disaster is not evil if God does it?
I don't think God is directly responsible for it but rather indirectly since he gave us free will and we create disaster and calamity when we exercise our free will. The question is would a world in which we had no free will be better? I think not. Because without free will we would not be able to choose to love God.

Moves
02 Aug 17

So is that a yes or no: whatever your god figure does is "good"?
Whatever he truly does not what people claim he does based on a mistranslation of scripture.

F

Moves
02 Aug 17
1 edit

Whatever he truly does not what people claim he does based on a mistranslation of scripture.
So is everything your god figure does is "good" or not?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17
1 edit

What if the word 'evil' is not the best word used when translating the original language? Why won't you even consider the possibility?
Ok I'll consider the possibility, sure.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

Do you agree that there are mistranslations in the Bible, or is it just convenient now?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

I don't think God is directly responsible for it but rather indirectly since he gave us free will and we create disaster and calamity when we exercise our free will.
Well perhaps Checkbaiter has post yet another mistranslation because it says "i (god) created calamity and disaster". That sounds pretty direct to me.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Aug 17

Oh dear.

Moves
02 Aug 17

So is everything your god figure does "good" or not?
If God is good and only good then all he does is good. But He sees the whole picture we don't.

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

I don't think God is directly responsible for [calamity and disaster]....
According to Isa 45:7, did your god figure not directly create disaster and calamity?