Where does religion come from?

Where does religion come from?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by Dasa
Your comment is childish.
I have just given you the reasons why there is only one true religion.
If Christianity was also eternal (which it is not) and if Christianity also presented true knowledge (which it does not)................then Christianity would also be a contender to be concluded as true religion.
It has nothing to do with your comment about..... ...[text shortened]... nt you have put no thought into.
Please caissa 4 ..... ....be honest and think before you post.
Your reply is silly. My reply was intended to show that what you and the many Christians keep saying, " My religion is the true religion and everyone else is wrong", is the same. You are the one who maintains the attitude that this is some "versus" situation. To maintain that any religion is the "true" one simply because it is the oldest is just plain ignorant. 🙄🙄🙄

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by caissad4
Your reply is silly. My reply was intended to show that what you and the many Christians keep saying, " My religion is the true religion and everyone else is wrong", is the same. You are the one who maintains the attitude that this is some "versus" situation. To maintain that any religion is the "true" one simply because it is the oldest is just plain ignorant. 🙄🙄🙄
You are still missing the most important point because you are not sincere in your enquiry.

There is a tremendous difference between something being old and something being eternal.

False religion is not eternal because it was created by mundane man in recent times.

False relgion is false because it teaches falsity......and true relgion is true because it does not teach falsity.

True religion is eternal and was never created in recent times.............for how can truth be created.

Truth is true yesterday today and tomorrow.

But false knowledge is never true.......because false knowledge comprises of speculation and fabrication and imagination.

So now do you understand that true relgion MUST be eternal and must not teach falsity.

Therefore the relgion presented in the Vedas is the only TRUE and AUTHORIZED relgion on earth because it is the only eternal religion on earth.

This has nothing to to with being sectarian or bigoted or racist or hypocritical .........but has everything to do with choosing true relgion over false relgion.

False religion cannot help any person in their quest for enlightenment because it teaches falsity thus leaving the person ignorant.

However true relgion facilitates the development of self realization and enlightenment because it presents the absolute truth without error.

So caissad4 ............do you now understand that the choice to accept the Vedas has nothing to do with my religion is better than your relgion, but it has to do with solid honest intelligent reasoning.

Moves
26 Jun 13

You are still missing the most important point because you are not sincere in your enquiry.

There is a tremendous difference between something being old and something being eternal.

False religion is not eternal because it was created by mundane man in recent times.

False relgion is false because it teaches falsity......and true relgion is true because ...[text shortened]... religion is better than your relgion, but it has to do with solid honest intelligent reasoning.
how do you know its eternal other than because it says so?

P

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is research on obviously stupid things which are wasting our money that the public objects to. They are not objecting to all science research.

The Instructor
And who is to decide what is "stupid"? Pure research for the sake of discovering often serendipidously uncovers knowledge mankind finds very useful. Observind accidental mold in a petrie dish led to penicillan. Pure scientific research is extremely important. It is very easy to make almost any research seem "absurd" with very little effort and I'm afraid people like RJ do this on a regular basis. Take a look at the economy and standard of living in countries where there is very little scientific research.

P

Moves
26 Jun 13

Well when the details change enough to agree with the details in the Holy Bible, then it will be worth believing.

The Instructor
Many theists believe in evolution. It is easy to say that an omnipotent, omnicient god put in motion all of the laws of nature humans are gradually uncovering. Even the sequence of events in Genisis go from nothing to something. It's just the simple minded that insist on interpreting the words literally and thus coming up with absurd statements about life on Earth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jun 13

False relgion is false because it teaches falsity......and true relgion is true because ...[text shortened]... religion is better than your relgion, but it has to do with solid honest intelligent reasoning.
If you used solid honest intelligent reasoning, you would choose Christ as your source of true religion and not the Vedas. Christ never said anything about any Vedas being true religion.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Phranny
And who is to decide what is "stupid"? Pure research for the sake of discovering often serendipidously uncovers knowledge mankind finds very useful. Observind accidental mold in a petrie dish led to penicillan. Pure scientific research is extremely important. It is very easy to make almost any research seem "absurd" with very little effort and I'm afraid ...[text shortened]... economy and standard of living in countries where there is very little scientific research.
Certainly not politicians. If we don't stop them from making these absurd decision on what to spend our money on, we will not have an economy to worry about.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by Phranny
Many theists believe in evolution. It is easy to say that an omnipotent, omnicient god put in motion all of the laws of nature humans are gradually uncovering. Even the sequence of events in Genisis go from nothing to something. It's just the simple minded that insist on interpreting the words literally and thus coming up with absurd statements about life on Earth.
I don't care what many theists believe in. I care about what God believes in, and it is clear from the Holy Bible that God does not believe in evilution.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Jun 13

Certainly not politicians. If we don't stop them from making these absurd decision on what to spend our money on, we will not have an economy to worry about.

The Instructor
Tell us o maven, what are these 'absurd decisions on what to spend our money on'?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Tell us o maven, what are these 'absurd decisions on what to spend our money on'?
Over the years I have heard of a stupid study on one thing or another that have been reported on that I have felt was a waste of I money. I can't recall the specific ones at present, but I did a quick search on the internet and the following link might give you an idea.

http://idausa.org/ridiculousresearch/

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
27 Jun 13

False relgion is false because it teaches falsity......and true relgion is true because it does not teach falsity.
True religion is eternal and was never created in recent times...... ...[text shortened]... religion is better than your relgion, but it has to do with solid honest intelligent reasoning.
Your Vedas are NOT eternal. This Universe is NOT eternal. Following your "logic" we should worship the Sun. After all, it was the FIRST deity.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Jun 13

I don't care what many theists believe in. I care about what God believes in, and it is clear from the Holy Bible that God does not believe in evilution.

The Instructor
How is it 'clear' from the Bible that God does not 'believe' in evolution?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
One thought, our intelligence enables us to see patterns in randomness when in fact nothing is there. Chimps, for instance, cannot imagine patterns embedded in randomness because they have no sense of mind, they cannot visualize internally the idea there might be an active mind behind everything they cannot understand. Their brains are just not sophisticate ...[text shortened]... gious feelings, they can finally grow up and be adults which as a race, we are not even close.
I think religion came from man's need to have a source of ethics and morality.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
How is it 'clear' from the Bible that God does not 'believe' in evolution?
There is nothing in the Holy Bible about evolution or evilution, but a lot about creation by God and how God created each individual kinds of creatures that produce after their kind. It says God did it, and not that it evolved over billions of years. So it should be easy for anyone with common sense, which many don't have today, to realize God does not believe in evilution.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jun 13
1 edit

There is nothing in the Holy Bible about evolution or evilution, but a lot about creation by God and how God created each individual kinds of creatures that produce after their kind. It says God did it, and not that it evolved over billions of years. So it should be easy for anyone with common sense, which many don't have today, to realize God does not believe in evilution.

The Instructor
So common sense to you means anyone duped as you are in your obsession with creationism. Anyone who happens to question biblical authority is automatically damned to go to hell.

Here is a thought: Those men who wrote the bible 3000+ years ago knew ZERO about life and just made up the creation story and you and a few hundred other weak minds fall for it hook line and sinker. It's amazing how much sway the bible has over people like you who should know better, being 3000 years in the future from the men who wrote the bible and did it with no inspiration from any god. They probably had a big think session before coming up with the stupid creation fairy tale and had to go through a BUNCH of different versions of what people thought happened back when life was first formed, like the Earth sitting on a giant turtle who is on the back of 4 elephants and other nonsense stories, so they do a vote on the best BS story and lo and behold, Genesis wins out, having had to go through 5 voting cycles to get it down to that one BS tale.