Where does religion come from?

Where does religion come from?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
So common sense to you means anyone duped as you are in your obsession with creationism. Anyone who happens to question biblical authority is automatically damned to go to hell.

Here is a thought: Those men who wrote the bible 3000+ years ago knew ZERO about life and just made up the creation story and you and a few hundred other weak minds fall for it h Genesis wins out, having had to go through 5 voting cycles to get it down to that one BS tale.
Well, when you can prove to me that the Shroud of Turin is not the burial cloth of the risen Christ and the miraculous image on it is not from the resurrection, then I will consider your atheistic comments on creationism. But at present your comments on the Holy bible or creationism have no credibility with me.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Well, when you can prove to me that the Shroud of Turin is not the burial cloth of the risen Christ and the miraculous image on it is not from the resurrection, then I will consider your atheistic comments on creationism. But at present your comments on the Holy bible or creationism have no credibility with me.

The Instructor
That's a good one, just how are you or anyone else on the planet going to go about proving that shroud came from JC himself? Especially when it has been shown the normal shroud of the time was a much more course weave than what we see in the shroud.

Even if the shroud is proven to come from 2K years ago, you nor anyone else can prove it was JC even assuming it not to be a fake. You are just back to faith, not science, as usual.

And as usual, more interested in destroying science than learning truth.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
30 Jun 13

The Instructor
When you can prove that Alice the Anteater (of the Virgin Birth) is not the only begotten daughter of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, then I will consider your theistic comments. At present, your religious comments have no credibility with me. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
30 Jun 13
1 edit

If you used solid honest intelligent reasoning, you would choose Christ as your source of true religion and not the Vedas. Christ never said anything about any Vedas being true religion.

The Instructor
False relgion will never acknowledge true relgion....................because it would be a conflict of interest.

You must yourself do honest research instead of blindly accepting false religion.

Its easy to know what is false relgion because it will teach falsity - and true relgion will not teach falsity.

Do you really believe in the Christian teaching - that the universe is only 6500 years old as taught by Christianity.(this is a prime example of falsity) and I can give you many more examples of false knowledge being taught by false religion.

If you do not know which is false and which is true - then you must research the history of Christianity and the history of the Vedas and if you do this honestly you shall have your answers.

But ALAS...... many will be spiritually and mentally lazy and simply accept false relgion blindly - because it condones their sinful and materialistic and hedonistic lives.

RJ hinds.......It all starts with honest endeavour.

If there is no honesty then you will be lost.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jun 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Dasa
False relgion will never acknowledge true relgion....................because it would be a conflict of interest.

You must yourself do honest research instead of blindly accepting false religion.

Its easy to know what is false relgion because it will teach falsity - and true relgion will not teach falsity.

Do you really believe in the Christian teaching ...[text shortened]... inds.......It all starts with honest endeavour.

If there is no honesty then you will be lost.
Well, to be honest the Christianity or the Holy Bible does not teach specifically the age the universe. That is something that we logically deduce from the teachings. Not only do we deduce that the Earth and man living on the Earth are only thousands of years and nowhere near a million years by the Holy Bible, but by scientific and archaeological evidence as well.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2005/06/01/evidence-for-young-world

http://www.6000years.org/frame.php

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jun 13

Well, to be honest the Christianity or the Holy Bible does not teach specifically the age the universe. That is something that we logically deduce from the teachings. Not only do we deduce that the Earth and man living on the Earth are only thousands of years and nowhere near a million years by the Holy Bible, but by scientific and archaeological evidence ...[text shortened]... cles/2005/06/01/evidence-for-young-world

http://www.6000years.org/frame.php

The Instructor
The fact that timeline is totally bogus doesn't even dawn on you. Anyone who believes the Earth is a few thousand years old is in serious need of psychological counselling.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Jun 13

One thought, our intelligence enables us to see patterns in randomness when in fact nothing is there. Chimps, for instance, cannot imagine patterns embedded in randomness because they have no sense of mind, they cannot visualize internally the idea there might be an active mind behind everything they cannot understand. Their brains are just not sophisticate ...[text shortened]... gious feelings, they can finally grow up and be adults which as a race, we are not even close.
To answer the question in the thread title one needs only to read the post.

Religion is of man, but truth is of God manifested in the person of His Son Jesus Christ.

Access to The Truth is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jun 13

The fact that timeline is totally bogus doesn't even dawn on you. Anyone who believes the Earth is a few thousand years old is in serious need of psychological counselling.
It is too bad that you are not a psychological counsellor.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jul 13

Originally posted by josephw
To answer the question in the thread title one needs only to read the post.

Religion is of man, but truth is of God manifested in the person of His Son Jesus Christ.

Access to The Truth is through faith in Jesus Christ.
If your god wants to come down and talk to me about religion, I'll listen. Till then, human's talking to me about god leaves me cold since no human is qualified for such an endeavor.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jul 13

If your god wants to come down and talk to me about religion, I'll listen. Till then, human's talking to me about god leaves me cold since no human is qualified for such an endeavor.
You know sonhouse, you are exactly right. DO NOT listen to what any man has to say as though he can speak for God.

I also understand your frustration with having to listen to those of us who claim to know "God", and yet are unable to furnish you with convincing conclusive evidence for our claims.

That's why I keep telling you that you must have direct contact with God Himself. Otherwise it won't happen. That's what you're looking for isn't it?

But how can you sincerely expect God, if there is one, to reveal Himself to you if you're already convinced He doesn't exist? What do you take God for anyway? Do you think God would be your lackey.

If you are created and are not merely a product of chance, you better change your attitude.

Just sayin'!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 13

That's a good one, just how are you or anyone else on the planet going to go about proving that shroud came from JC himself? Especially when it has been shown the normal shroud of the time was a much more course weave than what we see in the shroud.

Even if the shroud is proven to come from 2K years ago, you nor anyone else can prove it was JC even assu ...[text shortened]... science, as usual.

And as usual, more interested in destroying science than learning truth.
You forget that Jesus was laid in a rich man's tomb. This was probably to be the rich man's shroud. He probably got the very best he could afford.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 13

Originally posted by caissad4
When you can prove that Alice the Anteater (of the Virgin Birth) is not the only begotten daughter of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, then I will consider your theistic comments. At present, your religious comments have no credibility with me. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
That is fine with me if you will just stop posting here and mind your own business.

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
01 Jul 13

That is fine with me if you will just stop posting here and mind your own business.
The Instructor
Why would I stop posting ? I rather enjoy your absurd posts. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jul 13

Originally posted by caissad4
Why would I stop posting ? I rather enjoy your absurd posts. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Well i don't enjoy your stupid trolling posts

The Instructor

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas