What will be the fuel?

What will be the fuel?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Do you want to take up the challenge?
There is no challenge, really.
The anti-climax your last ten posts has made a petering out of any expectation in me of a challenge.

S. Korea

Moves
06 Jun 18

Originally posted by @fmf
You appear to be using a person who agrees with you as a proxy ~ yet again ~ so you don't have to confront the poster who actually 'preaches' the thing you disagree with?
What's your criticism and what direction are you going in here?

I am suggesting that the content that I quoted is wrong and making a respond that covers the very initial post of this thread.

F

Moves
06 Jun 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
What's your criticism and what direction are you going in here?
The same thing I raised several times with you but which caused you either to deflect or slink off. Do you know what a "proxy" is?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 18

The same thing I raised several times with you but which caused you either to deflect or slink off. Do you know what a "proxy" is?
Come on, Kiddo. Enough with the pool-whizzing nonsense. That’s no way for a “main poster” to behave. Stick to substance.

S. Korea

Moves
06 Jun 18

This is what Merriam-Webster says 'proxy' is:

plural proxies
1 : the agency, function, or office of a deputy who acts as a substitute for another
2 a : authority or power to act for another
b : a document giving such authority; specifically : a power of attorney authorizing a specified person to vote corporate stock
3 : a person authorized to act for another : procurator

I made a post where I addressed some point about hell.

I do not see what your posts have to do with me.

How about you spell it out.

F

Moves
06 Jun 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
This is what Merriam-Webster says 'proxy' is:

[quote]plural proxies
1 : the agency, function, or office of a deputy who acts as a substitute for another
2 a : authority or power to act for another
b : a document giving such authority; specifically : a power of attorney authorizing a specified person to vote corporate stock
3 : a person authorized ...[text shortened]... about hell.

I do not see what your posts have to do with me.

How about you spell it out.
You signal your disagreement with the torturer god ideology by talking to atheists like me rather than the people who promote the torturer god ideology.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jun 18

You signal your disagreement with the torturer god ideology by talking to atheists like me rather than the people who promote the torturer god ideology.
What I do not understand is how in the world you expect Christians to support the anti-Christian efforts of "atheists like you".

It is not the job of Christians to defend "atheists like you" OR your anti-Christian ideologies. Fight your own battles.

Do you think "atheists like you" should support the anti-atheist beliefs of some Christians? Probably not.

F

Moves
06 Jun 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
What I do not understand is how in the world you expect Christians to support the anti-Christian efforts of "atheists like you".

It is not the job of Christians to defend "atheists like you" OR your anti-Christian ideologies. Fight your own battles.

Do you think "atheists like you" should support the anti-atheist beliefs of some Christians? Probably not.
Another Christian poster who used to disagree with sonship's torturer god ideology was josephw but he'd do it by using me as a "proxy" - asking ME to substantiate the ideology with scripture while never tackling sonship about it. Interesting behaviour.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Jun 18

Another Christian poster who used to disagree with sonship's torturer god ideology was josephw but he'd do it by using me as a "proxy" - asking ME to substantiate the ideology with scripture while never tackling sonship about it. Interesting behaviour.
It is interesting.

I get called a "Christian basher" for talking people like sonship about it; and yet some of those people agree with me!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 18

It is interesting.

I get called a "Christian basher" for talking people like sonship about it; and yet some of those people agree with me!
You get called a “Christian basher” for a lot more than that and you know it. You exclusively attack Christians and the only time you ever discuss Christianity is to either mock it or claim Jesus “personally” burns people alive for eternity. And you do it quite a bit.

One can discuss whether annihilationism or an eternity in hell await the damned without going to the hyperbolic and blasphemous lengths you go to.

I think someone said a few weeks ago on here that you think everyone goes to heaven and hell doesn’t exist. Why not start a thread on that if that’s what you believe? I’m sure more than just myself would love to see the Biblical support for that position.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Jun 18

'For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.'

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Jun 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
'For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.'

For an atheist you have a good feel for the use of scripture.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

Glad to see you’re reading the Bible, Heartpence.

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

(Romans 8:28)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 18

For an atheist you have a good feel for the use of scripture.
Pay particular heed to that last sentence, dive, when you get the overwhelming urge to attack and bash Christians. You tend to get that urge a lot.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
06 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

(Romans 8:28)
Have you ever realized the similarity between Protestant Christianity (especially of the Reformed variety I adhere to) and, I think it's Zen Buddhism? In general, both ideologies hold the concept that whatever happens, it is the way it was supposed to happen. All this back and forth about things not going the way they were supposed to--in the grand scheme--is kind of meaningless.