What will be the fuel?

What will be the fuel?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @sonship
John saw a vine tree.
It spread up and down the river on either side.

Probably hails back to Christ being the [b]true vine
in John 15.[/b]
How many trees of life are there, in your opinion?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
You’re being prickly again.

The only reason I’m asking you about this “question challenge” is because you keep accusing me of refusing to answer your question when I am more than happy to do so...IF you will promise unequivocally to answer one of mine - one of the ones you always run away from. You won’t answer those questions, you know you won’t, ...[text shortened]... se going on here. Getting all antsy about is just you trying to cover this little phenomena up.
What's your question that I keep running away from ?

Ask it on your next post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18
3 edits

This came out of the mouth of Jesus Christ.

"And these shall go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Matt. 25:46)

If it did not come out of the mouth of Jesus, then make your case that HE NEVER SAID IT.

This came out of the same mouth that spoke to the world such words of love, mercy, forgiveness, pardon, patience, longsuffering, redemption, and ultimate release from guilt as EVER the world has heard.

The SAME MOUTH Divegeester.
The SAME MOUTH spoke this -

"Go away from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (v.41)

The same Speaker gave us BOTH concepts - the kindness of God and the severity of God.

Moves
04 Jun 18

What's your question that I keep running away from ?

Ask it on your next post.
No. Here’s the offer sonship.

Earlier in this thread you said I was scared of your question (can’t remember what it was right now). I’m not. But if you are so confident (you’re not) of yourself in facing up unequivocally to questions about your beliefs then just promise to answer one of mine. If you promise to do so; and it will be a simple uncomplicated “yes or no” reply, then I will promise to answer your questions.

We can get back to the “carnage and burning flesh” as soon as your ready.

c

Moves
04 Jun 18

I don't think Jesus will burn people for eternity.

Seems to contradict the whole reason He allowed Himself to be crucified.

Moves
04 Jun 18

This came out of the mouth of Jesus Christ.

[b] "And these shall go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Matt. 25:46)

If it did not come out of the mouth of Jesus, then make your case that HE NEVER SAID IT.

This came out of the same mouth that spoke to the world such words of forgiveness, pard ...[text shortened]... quote]

The same Speaker gave us BOTH concepts - the kindness of God and the severity of God.[/b]
Actually those words came out of a book, they were written by men. You are have to accept a) they are accurately recorded, b) accurately translated c) are absolutely literal and not parabolic.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 18

No. Here’s the offer sonship.

Earlier in this thread you said I was scared of your question (can’t remember what it was right now). I’m not. But if you are so confident (you’re not) of yourself in facing up unequivocally to questions about your beliefs then just promise to answer one of mine. If you promise to do so; and it will be a simple uncompl ...[text shortened]... er your questions.

We can get back to the “carnage and burning flesh” as soon as your ready.
Ask your hydrogen bomb of a question about eternal punishment to me in your next post.

What intrigues me is your apparent assumption that I have not contemplated these matters.

c

Moves
04 Jun 18

Actually those words came out of a book, they were written by men. You are have to accept a) they are accurately recorded, b) accurately translated c) are absolutely literal and not parabolic.
Slippery slope.

What portions of the Bible are accurate? Or can be trusted?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 18
2 edits

So you have the same feeling for the words "His mercy endures forever" repeated so many times in Psalm 136 ?

Just words in a book?
Just words written by men?
Not accurate concerning God?
Poorly translated and not reliable?
Parabolic and not to be taken too seriously?

You have a consistent feeling about Psalm 136 which you have used to show that God could never punish forever ?

Moves
04 Jun 18

Ask your hydrogen bomb of a question about eternal punishment to me in your next post.

What intrigues me is your apparent assumption that I have not contemplated these matters.
No.

Firstly it’s not about eternal suffering
Secondly I’m not telling you what it is yet
Thirdly you need to write down these words:

“I promise before the Lord Jesus that I will honestly and unequivocally answer divegeesters question, with a yes or no response”

It will be an either/or answer that is required.

Sorry sonship but you always run off when I ask you this question. Last time I asked you is about 12 times chasing you through the forums and you just blanked me.

Moves
04 Jun 18

So you have the same feeling for the words [b] "His mercy endures forever" repeated so many times in Psalm 136 ?

Just words in a book?
Just words written by men?
Not accurate concerning God?
Poorly translated and not reliable?
Parabolic and not to be taken too seriously?

You have a consistent feeling about Psalm 136 which you have used to show that God could never punish forever ?[/b]
Who said anything about “feeling”?

Yes there is a consistent theme of God’s redemption and mercy right through the entire bible which is represented in thousands of places and examples. There is a handful of hell notations and even less of a lake of fire and people in it, plus it is completely incongruent with the theme of redemption and mercy.

You love eternal suffering...you have called it “perfect justice”. Personally I sometimes wonder if you are a bit sick.

Moves
04 Jun 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
Slippery slope.

What portions of the Bible are accurate? Or can be trusted?
Here’s another one for you..I don’t consider the bible to be the “holy” bible.

There’s something for all my detractors to salivate over for a while.

c

Moves
04 Jun 18

Here’s another one for you..I don’t consider the bible to be the “holy” bible.

There’s something for all my detractors to salivate over for a while.
If you had to guess, how much of the Bible do you think is Holy, or inspired by God?

Surely some, or most?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 18
4 edits

Who said anything about “feeling”?

Yes there is a consistent theme of God’s redemption and mercy right through the entire bible which is represented in thousands of places and examples. There is a handful of hell notations and even less of a lake of fire and people in it, plus it is completely incongruent with the theme of redemption and mercy.

Y ...[text shortened]... ing...you have called it “perfect justice”. Personally I sometimes wonder if you are a bit sick.
Where in those three paragraphs is your A Bomb - master blaster question to me ?

Do you need more fanfare first?
Do you need more preliminary preparation for the KNOCK OUT question?

A consistent theme ALSO through the Bible is God's holiness, glory, and righteousness which He will not give up for anyone.

I think by chapter 6 in Genesis you should have noticed God judging sinners. Along with His faithfulness and love you didn't notice His sentence on Cain for killing his brother Abel in Genesis 4?

Along with His redemption you didn't notice His judgment upon Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis 18,19 ?

Along with His redemption you didn't notice His judging the Canaanites with the conquest of the Israelites in Joshua and Judges .

Perhaps with His redemption you didn't notice His punishment of HIS OWN PEOPLE in the Babylonian Captivity? (First and Second Kings)

With His redemption you didn't notice along side stern words in the prophets of Jeremiah, Isaiah, and Ezekiel ?

With His redemption you didn't notice God punishing the nations that He even used to judge Israel because THEY WENT TOO FAR? You didn't notice the book of Amos ?

I don't have that kind of Bible as you have.
Like Paul I noticed both the kindness and severity of God.

"Behold then the kindness and severity of God ..." (Romans 11:22a)

Your Attack:

"Sonship there is only the KINDNESS of God in the BIble."

"Sonship you love only the SEVERITY of God, which by the way is totally absent from the Bible."

In fact it is YOU who are lopsided. And you project this lopsidedness on to me. It is your myopic bias toward only one side of God's character that reflects your tastes.

To see both "the kindness AND severity of God" generates in you accusation that if I see BOTH attributes I only LOVE the severity of God.

What's your really, really good question ??

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 18
4 edits

Sorry sonship but you always run off when I ask you this question. Last time I asked you is about 12 times chasing you through the forums and you just blanked me.

Yes, yes, we all know you are the scary and invincible arguer with GOTCHA! questions that send your opponents running to hide in terror.

Maybe like Herod terrified Jesus with many Gotcha! questions.

" And he questioned Him with many words, but He answered him nothing." (Luke 23:9)

Maybe like the religionists pressed Jesus with many hard GOTCHA! questions He ran away from?

"And when He went out from there the scribes and the Pharisees began to be very hostile and to provoke Him to speak concerning many things,

Lying in wait for Him in order to catch something out of His mouth." (Luke 11:53,54)