What non-believers struggle with -

What non-believers struggle with -

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@suzianne said
Sharing what they have is easy enough, yet many chose not to.

Giving of oneself is more important.
That was where I was going next.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
In real and practical terms, what "fruits" - in terms of demeanour and behaviour - do you think are evidence that a person's claim to be a Christian is true?
Spreading the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is probably the most obvious example someone is a Christian *particularly when they do it for no money.*

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Feb 22

@mchill said
How can he (or she) claim to be a Christian and do _______!!😠 I've been hearing this from the non-believer crowd for decades.

Folks, just because someone accepts Jesus Christ as their savior, and does their best to follow God's law, does not automatically elevate them to some higher moral level. They may be more aware of God's law, and may be improving their behavior as a ...[text shortened]... them, but this needs to be stated over and over:

Christians Are Not Perfect, Just Forgiven! 🙂
Your post seems to be based on a false church doctrine that Christians are forgiven. ... 'forgiven for all sins''. If that is your doctrine then that is not in the bible.

If it is then please quote the reference.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@mchill said
Methinks there is no answer that will meet with your approval.
Sounds like you don't have an answer and you are pretending that you do.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
But if you want “real and practical evidence” how about someone who, prior to becoming a Christian, donated very little to no money to charity but, after becoming a Christian, donates substantial sums to charity?
What about non-Christians donating substantial sums to charity? What about Christians donating very little to no money to charity?

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Spreading the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is probably the most obvious example someone is a Christian *particularly when they do it for no money.*
Copy-pasting quotations from scripture onto a message board, for example, is evidence that someone has been supernaturally transformed by "The Holy Spirit"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Your post seems to be based on a false church doctrine that Christians are forgiven. ... 'forgiven for all sins''. If that is your doctrine then that is not in the bible.

If it is then please quote the reference.
“Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.”

(Mark 3:28-30)

“And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;”

(Colossians 2:13)

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You think someone’s entire life should be judged based on how and what they post here?
No, I don't think so, but one can certainly evaluate how strong the influence of "The Holy Spirit" supposedly is.

In your case, the temptations of online disinhibition seem to overwhelm whatever influence you claim "The Holy Spirit" has over you.

This, to me, is evidence regarding the weakness of the alleged effect of this "Holy Spirit" you think exists.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
What about non-Christians donating substantial sums to charity? What about Christians donating very little to no money to charity?
Well, if you looked at my example more carefully, you would have seen that I was talking about someone who *prior to becoming a Christian* had donated very little or no money to charity and *after becoming a Christian* donates substantial sums to charity.

I don’t think you can just look at a Christian in his or her present-day state and make a snap judgment.

You have to know what they were like before they became a Christian and what they’ve overcome in their walk with Jesus Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
No, I don't think so, but one can certainly evaluate how strong the influence of "The Holy Spirit" supposedly is.

In your case, the temptations of online disinhibition seem to overwhelm whatever influence you claim "The Holy Spirit" has over you.

This, to me, is evidence regarding the weakness of the alleged effect of this "Holy Spirit" you think exists.
Your entire life may be devoted to posting and arguing on this website, but mine isn’t, nor do I think most people’s lives are.

And I frankly couldn’t care less what you think of me.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Well, if you looked at my example more carefully, you would have seen that I was talking about someone who *prior to becoming a Christian* had donated very little or no money to charity and *after becoming a Christian* donates substantial sums to charity.
This is a very weak piece of evidence. Does it happen to all Christians?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
Copy-pasting quotations from scripture onto a message board, for example, is evidence that someone has been supernaturally transformed by "The Holy Spirit"?
Could be.

Copy-and-pasting Scripture on a website is one way some people share the Gospel, and, if it sparks an interest in an agnostic or atheist to read the New Testament and learn more about Christianity, that person who copy-and-pasted Scripture, along with God of course, may well have saved a soul and altered an individual’s eternal destiny.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Your entire life may be devoted to posting and arguing on this website, but mine isn’t, nor do I think most people’s lives are.
And yet, despite your - for all intents and purposes - self-aggrandizing claims about your own immortality and supernatural transformation made here on this website - online disinhibition syndrome has a stronger effect on you than "God's Holy Spirit", day in day out, not by accident.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
This is a very weak piece of evidence. Does it happen to all Christians?
Well I certainly disagree that it’s weak evidence. But it’s only one example. Donating one’s time to directly help the needy and poor is obviously another example.

I’m not quite sure what you’re looking for.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Copy-and-pasting Scripture on a website is one way some people share the Gospel, and, if it sparks an interest in an agnostic or atheist to read the New Testament and learn more about Christianity, that person who copy-and-pasted Scripture, along with God of course, may well have saved a soul and altered an individual’s eternal destiny.
You could just as easily be someone posing as a Christian and intent on bringing the religion into disrepute.