1. S. Korea
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 00:33
    @rajk999 said
    Misuse of faith? Never heard of that. Faith is simply a verbal expression of belief in God. There is faith and there is good works. Good works has no hypocrisy in it otherwise it is not good, and only Jesus can judge what is good and what is not.

I have great respect for the entire bible but Jesus Christ has the words of eternal life. Not Fr Chat .. etc. Bear that in mind.

Dont understand your other questions / statements.
    I suppose I should've said the misuse of the [I] displays of faith[/i].

I am not surprised that you are puttering out and lack understanding. You're frustrated and don't want to field more questions on the topic because you, alone, do not possess a comprehensive understanding of the Bible.

You routinely fail to interpret the scriptures with consistency and then blame St. Paul whenever you can for that.

You need a church and a world view, not just you and your Bible under the tree cherry picking and gleaning what you want so that you can appeal to your own ego and the world.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 00:55
    @philokalia said
    I suppose I should've said the misuse of the [I] displays of faith[/i].

I am not surprised that you are puttering out and lack understanding. You're frustrated and don't want to field more questions on the topic because you, alone, do not possess a comprehensive understanding of the Bible.

You routinely fail to interpret the scriptures with consistency and then blam ...[text shortened]... tree cherry picking and gleaning what you want so that you can appeal to your own ego and the world.
    I am not puttering out anywhere. You have not asked anything of substance for me to answer at all.

Can you give an example of this statement?
    You routinely fail to interpret the scriptures with consistency and then blame St. Paul whenever you can for that.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 00:59
    @rajk999 said
    You have not asked anything of substance for me to answer at all.
    I think his wishy-washy attempt to condescend you WAS his "substance".
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 01:06
    @fmf said
    I think his wishy-washy attempt to condescend you WAS his "substance".
    Apparently
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 17:382 edits
    Let's see the rest of the passage from verse 21.

And Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said to him, One thing you lack: go, whatever you have sell it and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven, and come follow Me. (v.21)

And his face fell a the word, and he went away sorrowing, for he was holding many possessions. (v.22)

And Jesus, looking around, says to His disciples, With what difficulty shall those who hold on to riches enter into the kingdom of God. (v.23)

And the disciples were amazed at His words. But Jesus again answered and said to them, Children, how difficult it is to enter into the kingdom of God! (v.24)

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. (v.25)

But they were even more astounded and said among themselves, Then who can be saved? (v.26)

Looking at them, Jesus says, With men it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God." (v.27)

I encourage readers to read at least down to 27.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 17:392 edits
    With men - WHO... can be saved?

With you and I and even Rajk999 --- WHO ... can then be saved?

The appropriate human reaction down to verse 26 is a kind of despair. Who then can be saved? Who then can come up to the standard qualifying one to be saved.

The answer to the despairing question comes with Jesus' intense look to His disciples - "With men it is IMPOSSIBLE, but not with God; for all things are possible with God".
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 17:401 edit
    The answer to the despairing question comes with Jesus' intense look to His disciples - "With men it is IMPOSSIBLE, but not with God; for all things are possible with God".

God can bring you into His kingdom.
    God can save you.
    God can cause the camel to be reduced to be able to pass through the eye of the needle. With you and I it is impossible. With God there is the possibility.

Both the high demand of God's requirement can be met and the entrance into the kingdom of God can be secured in His grace.

It is puzzling how some Bible readers seem to miss this point.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 17:511 edit
    But they were even more astounded and said among themselves, Then who can be saved? (v.26)

Looking at them, Jesus says, With men it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God." (v.27)

He looked at them as if knowing of something they did not yet realize. He comes to make it possible. For with God all things are possible.

A few verses below this He reminds the dull disciples of His upcoming redemptive death and resurrection. They totally do not understand.

Now they were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus was going before them; ad they were amazed, and those who followed Him were afraid. And taking the twelve aside again, He began to tell them the things about to happen to Him.

Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man shall be delivered to the chief priests and the scribes; and they shall condemn Him to death, and shall deliver Him to the Gentiles;

And they shall mock Him and spit at Him, and shall scourge Him, and kill Him, and after three days He will rise." (Mark 10:32-34)

Accomplishing eternal redemption is possible with Jesus Christ, securing a man's right to enter into the kingdom of God.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 18:34
    @sonship said

He looked at them as if knowing of something they did not yet realize. He comes to make it possible. For with God all things are possible.

A ...[text shortened]... redemption is possible with Jesus Christ, securing a man's right to enter into the kingdom of God.
    Four posts of saying nothing of value or substance. Of course God can save anyone. How does that help people to understand what Jesus is saying.

How God saves people is as follows:
    1. God sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for the sins of men
    2. Jesus during His ministry stated what it is that He wants people to do
    3. People need to follow what Jesus said to do.

That is it. People can be saved and can get eternal life by dong what Jesus said. In the Mark 10 story of the rich guy, it is clear what was missing and it was stated by Jesus exactly what was missing. The man had faith, he believed in God. The man followed the Law of Moses as required by God. Jesus said the man was not charitable and Jesus advised him to sell his belongings and give it to the poor. This is exactly what the Apostles in the early church did. All the Christians were required to sell their property and distribute it to the poor.

It is those who do these good works and live charitably, that will enter the Kingdom of God as stated by Jesus in Matt 25. Can Faith in God save a man? No.

What is lacking in your doctrine is the teachings of Christ. Go learn them.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 19:223 edits
    @sonship said

God can bring you into His kingdom.
    God can save you.
    God can cause the camel to be reduced to be able to pass through the eye of the needle. With you and I it is impossible. With God there is ...[text shortened]... d can be secured in His grace.

It is puzzling how some Bible readers seem to miss this point.
    To be WITH GOD, the man lacked one thing. Even after Jesus explained to the man the one thing he lacked, the man refused. Instead the man chose to continue to go the way of men - instead of going the way of God.

Luke 16
    13“No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.” 
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 00:063 edits
    Human beings need a Person. Man needs a Person.

It is not a philosophy or an ism that man needs. It is that he needs to by united with a living Person - the Son of God.

God gives man not a thousand things but one thing - Himself in Jesus Christ.

"But of Him [God] you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God;
    both righteousness
    and sanctification
    and redemption." (1 Cor. 1:30)

The supernatural simplicity of this will allude some poor readers here all their lives until their dying day. It is not a matter or system that you need. It is a living Person, an available living Savior in Jesus, God furnishes to us in a most personal yet universally true way.

The simplicity of this requires a miracle of mercy to SEE.
    It is Jesus the Person that we are lacking to everything pertaining to God.

Jesus knew that He would die a redemptive death and be raised to give HIMSELF into those who received Him. He knew the wonderful salvation planned by His Father.

"But they were even more astounded and said among themselves, Then who can be saved? (v.26)

12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 01:10
    @sonship said

It is not a philosophy or an ism that man needs. It is that he needs to by united with a living Person - the Son of God.

both righteousness
    and sanctification ...[text shortened]... men it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God." (v.27)
    [/quote]
    The only way to have the living Saviour is to walk in His commandments. Those who walk in the light of Christ are following the commandments. These are the ones who will inherit the Kingdom of God.

You preach a doctrine contrary to that. Your doctrine is along the lines of talking about Jesus Christ. That doctrine is dead, it professes a dead faith and leads to eternal death.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 01:24
    @sonship said

both righteousness
    and sanctification ...[text shortened]... men it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God." (v.27)
    [/quote]

Your case would have been much stronger if you had simply cited Mark 10:27B.

Mark 10
    27B "By the way, when I said, 'One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor' what I was trying to say was 'One thing you lack: a Person'. Not sure how my tongue got so twisted up."
  14. West Coast
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 01:351 edit
    @lemondrop

well the followers of christians can vary many ways but ya the top of christ r greedy they r trying to achieve certain results from a captive population i mean this is why i think churches r stupid they charge money but in my opinion they shouldnt it is kind of ironic. first the bible should be free to all and second the church needs to be somewhat of a spiritual home not a service

look at florida they are riddled with christians yet they raped the land and they charge ur debit card like nothing ive ever seen at toll bridges and stuff they r super greedy although very well built up especially in a total swamp
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 11:09
    @ThinkOfOne

Mark 10
    27B "By the way, when I said, 'One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor' what I was trying to say was 'One thing you lack: a Person'. Not sure how my tongue got so twisted up."

Jesus does not have to say everything always in one passage. In Mark 10:27 the self confident law keeper needed to see that he could not make it. And he saw it and went away sorrowful.

That man needs the Person of Jesus is aduately made clear by Jesus on other places.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides oin Me and I in Him bears much fruit; FOR APART FROM ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING." (John 15:5)

A man like you who endeavors to do a lot apart from Jesus Christ (because you believe He no longer walks the earth and is dead and gone) will accomplish a lot in his own mind.

But in the end you will see that it all amounted to "nothing". For you never believed in Christ as the true vine. Do you want that to be your end?

Ie. "I did a lot of NOTHING not abiding in the true vine - Jesus Christ."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree