1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 11:191 edit
    Be it known that Rajk999 boasts of not meeting with ANY church of any kind.

I have been out of church too long. Must be about 30 years now. You church people have added more nonsense to your doctrine.

He has discarded the warning not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together. And he brags about it as a badge of honor.

Hebrews 10:25

"Not abandoning our own assembling together, as the custom with some is, ..."

Perhaps he has no love for the Christian brotherhood. Perhaps he has no forgiveness or is so individualistic he cannot stand to be tempered or balanced by anyone.

At any rate his custom of complete isolation from assembling together is a poor example to follow. There are all kinds of Christian gatherings. He cannot find in 30 YEARS one small group where he blends in with other believers ??
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 13:14
    @sonship said
    Be it known that Rajk999 boasts of not meeting with ANY church of any kind.

I have been out of church too long. Must be about 30 years now. You church people have added more nonsense to your doctrine.

He has discarded the warning not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together. And he brags about it as a badge of honor.

[b]Hebrews 10: ...[text shortened]... an gatherings. He cannot find in 30 YEARS one small group where he blends in with other believers ??
    Personal attacks make you look foolish. I love it. Continue.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 20:09
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

Mark 10
    27B "By the way, when I said, 'One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor' what I was trying to say was 'One thing you lack: a Person'. Not sure how my tongue got so twisted up."

Jesus does not have to say everything always in one passage. In Mark 10:27 the self confident law keeper needed to see t ...[text shortened]... t that to be your end?

Ie. "I did a lot of NOTHING not abiding in the true vine - Jesus Christ."
    Jesus was intelligent and articulate enough to tell the man exactly what he lacked. Jesus made it quite clear that it was to "go and sell all you possess and give to the poor". Not that he lacked "a Person".

Perhaps you think Jesus intentionally misled the man. Or you don't think Jesus intelligent and articulate enough to say what He means. I don't think either are true.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 20:335 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

Jesus was intelligent and articulate enough to tell the man exactly what he lacked. Jesus made it quite clear that it was to "go and sell all you possess and give to the poor". Not that he lacked "a Person".

I do not argue against the fact that Jesus told him what he should do to be His saved disciple.

And Jesus looking at him, loved him and said to him, One thing you lack; go, whatever you have, sell it and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven, and come follow Me." (v.21)

You win the argument that Jesus told him what he needed further to do.

You do not win the argument that because of this the redemptive death and resurrection in the Gospels should be undermined, ignored, taught against, devalued, de-emphasized, suppressed and neglected for good doing.

And you do not win the argument that it is POSSIBLE with the man to fulfill what Jesus required. That is why he went away sorrowful.

To which Jesus said - "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God." (v.27)

Why don't you come out plainly and say "God is not needed at all."

Why do you conceal that to your humanism God is intrinsically un-needed and unnecessary ?

This goes back to the question which you slithered away from in grand evasion.

Do you think you are preaching the same Gospel that Jesus preached ?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh !

Just wait for the question to go away.
    Maybe everyone will just forget about it.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 22:411 edit
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

I do not argue against the fact that Jesus told him what he should do to be His saved disciple.

[quote] And Jesus looking at hi ...[text shortened]... h ! [/i]

Just wait for the question to go away.
    Maybe everyone will just forget about it.
    I do not argue against the fact that Jesus told him what he should do to be His saved disciple....You win the argument that Jesus told him what he needed further to do.

Actually Jesus told the man that he only lacked ONE thing to "inherit eternal life". That ONE thing was to "go and sell all you possess and give to the poor".
    Jesus was very explicit and very clear about this.

Jesus did not tell the man that the ONE thing was "a Person".
    Jesus did not tell the man that the ONE thing was "the redemptive death and resurrection".

If Jesus had meant THREE things, He would have said, "“Three things you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor AND a Person AND the redemptive death and resurrection". If that's what Jesus meant to tell the man, He would have. The truth is that He didn't. You just make things up in your mind and believe that they are true in spite of the TRUTH.

You can continue to pretend otherwise all you want. It won't make it true.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '19 11:562 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

Actually Jesus told the man that he only lacked ONE thing to "inherit eternal life". That ONE thing was to "go and sell all you possess and give to the poor".

Jesus answered his question.
    "Good teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?"(v.17)

Why didn't the man do it?
    He found it impossible.

You think you could do better ?

Jesus told him also that there was none good except God.
    Why do you call Me good? No one is good except One - God." (v.18)

You cannot even bring yourself here to confess publicly God's existence or that God is good. What incentive do you have to even want to inherit eternal life ?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '19 11:58

Jesus was very explicit and very clear about this.

And Jesus was equally clear that with men it is impossible but with God it is possible -(verse 27)

"But they were astonished beyond measure and said among themselves, Then who can be saved? (v.26)

Looking upon them, Jesus said, With men it is impossible, but not with God, for all things are possible with God." (v.27)

No man or woman need to go away sorrowful. But we can rejoice in the extreme as we come to Christ the Lord and Savior.

Jesus did not tell the man that the ONE thing was "a Person".

Perhaps in those few sentences it is not as direct.
    But He did tell him only God was good.
    And He did tell him that only with God is the impossible possible - pertaining to the rich man entering into the kingdom of God.

I am sorry. But the New Testament contains more than Mark 10:17-21.

He does not have to outline the ENTIRE Gospel message in every passage.
    He can from different angles teach the truth of what God wants and what man needs.

Do you think you announce the same Gospel that Christ did ?
    I am pretty sure that you not only do not, but you OPPOSE it.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '19 11:581 edit

Jesus did not tell the man that the ONE thing was "the redemptive death and resurrection".

What did the God of all POSSIBLE actually DO ?
    He performed the impossible and we can enter into the kingdom of God. That is if we believe to accept the Lord as the ultimate Authority in His kingdom.

You are still rebelling against Him as King and Lord.
    And you're arguing that God is not and not needed to enter into the kingdom of God.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '19 11:593 edits

If Jesus had meant THREE things, He would have said, "“Three things you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor AND a Person AND the redemptive death and resurrection". If that's what Jesus meant to tell the man, He would have. The truth is that He didn't. You just make things up in your mind and believe that they are true in spite of the TRUTH.

No, you just wish the whole bible consisted only of Mark 10:17-21.

That little skinny part is "when Jesus walked on earth" for you.

I take that part and the REST of the New Testament as well. And just a few verses latter in verse 27 He says -

"With men it is impossible, but not with God, for all things are possible with God."

I don't have to labor to make it true. It is the truth before I was born.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '19 12:001 edit
    Mark was an assistant to the Apostle Peter. And what Mark wrote is certainly the things that his mentor Peter preached. What he wrote and how he wrote it all reflect Peter's preaching.

And Peter wanted his audience to know what Jesus did and taught. With men it is impossible be absolute for God's kingdom. With God though, the God of the impossible, He has a way for men to be saved, to enter into the divine kingdom, and to live in oneness with God.

Peter spoke from his personal experience as well. He was the most unlikely sinful man to be a disciple of Jesus and one living in His kingdom.

And it is no accident that following this episode Mark records that Jesus reminded the dull disciples again that He was that He came to DIE and to RISE again in His redemptive death and victorious resurrection.

And the last chapter has Christ's own parting instructions.

"And afterward He appeared to the eleven as they were reclining at table, and He reproached their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him AFTER HE HAD RESIN.

And He said to them, Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to all the creation. He who believes and is baptized shall be saved, but he who does not believe shall be condemned." (Mark. 16:14-16)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '19 12:092 edits
    ToO

You will not answer the question - "Are you teaching the same gospel that Jesus taught?"

The reason you evade it is because you are PRETENDING to teach what Jesus taught. And you will not be honest with yourself first or with anyone else that you are PRETENDING.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree