1. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 22:17
    @kellyjay said
    Do you own anything that you have not sold and given to the poor?
    Is that why you ignored it ? You ignore that parts of the bible you cannot do. You think that changes what Jesus said?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 22:18
    @kellyjay said
    Do you own anything that you have not sold and given to the poor?
    Does the answer to this affect what the Bible says?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 22:21
    @fmf said
    Does the answer to this affect what the Bible says?
    I think that's how they do bible study in the church. If nobody can do it they just scratch it from the bible.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 22:271 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Is that why you ignored it ? You ignore that parts of the bible you cannot do. You think that changes what Jesus said?
    It wasn't directed to the whole church but that guy. If you think it was to the church, do you hang on to anything that you call yours? I'm not the one ignoring scripture that is you, I'm not adding words to text that don't belong there, that is you. Jesus said His sheep know His voice, and He knows them, does that describe you?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 22:29
    @kellyjay said
    It wasn't directed to the whole church but that guy. If you think it was to the church, do you hang on to anything that you call yours? I'm not the one ignoring scripture that is you, I'm not adding words to text that don't belong there, that is you. Jesus said His sheep know His voice, and He knows them, does that describe you?
    I think you need professional psychiatric help.
    Plus some English lessons.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 23:042 edits
    @rajk999 said
    I think you need professional psychiatric help.
    Plus some English lessons.
    You need to read the scriptures, and study what they actually say instead of inserting you personal doctrine where you think it fits.

That guy comes to the Lord, the Lord does not tell him He needs one more good work go sell and give. He doesn't say go do good works, and even the good work you brought up isn't a get into heaven pass, instead it was so he could have some treasure in heaven. When we act here on this planet in this life time it is for that, not loving this world but God and those around us, not do things to be seen by men, but God in secret.

Jesus didn't even after the guy walked away say, oh he was so close couple of more good works, and he would have entered the Kingdom of God! What he did talk about was that it is very hard for the rich to enter into the Kingdom, because they love what they have, and they love this world. Jesus' conversation after he walked away was not about works, it was the focus of this guys heart.

Jesus said follow me, he was invited to walk with the Lord, instead he went back to his stuff, and the Lord let him go. So he loved the world more than the Lord. You suggesting this was a works illustration only shows you are twisting the scriptures again to mean what you want instead of what it says.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 23:16
    @kellyjay said
    I'm not the one ignoring scripture that is you, I'm not adding words to text that don't belong there, that is you.

Where does Jesus say, "Note that you are the only person that has lived or will live that needs to do this"?

Face it KJ. For all your denials otherwise, like everyone else, you ignore scripture. You just lack the integrity to admit it.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 23:17
    @thinkofone said
    I'm not the one ignoring scripture that is you, I'm not adding words to text that don't belong there, that is you.

Where does Jesus say, "Note that you are the only person that has lived or will live that needs to do this"?

Face it KJ. For all your denials otherwise, like everyone else, you ignore scripture. You just lack the integrity to admit it.
    I wasn't suggesting that was scripture, I was pointing out it wasn't.
    Unlike you who has again altered the text and have not given justification for your twist of meaning.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 23:191 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You need to read the scriptures, and study what they actually say instead of inserting you personal doctrine where you think it fits.

That guy comes to the Lord, the Lord does not tell him He needs one more good work go sell and give. He doesn't say go do good works, and even the good work you brought up isn't a get into heaven pass, instead it was so he could have some t ...[text shortened]... tion only shows you are twisting the scriptures again to mean what you want instead of what it says.
    That guy comes to the Lord, the Lord does not tell him He needs one more good work go sell and give.

That's true. Except for when Jesus does say just that in the following:
    Mark 10:21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, “One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 23:24
    @kellyjay said
    I wasn't suggesting that was scripture, I was pointing out it wasn't.
    Unlike you who has again altered the text and have not given justification for your twist of meaning.
    You ignore what it plainly states in Mark 10:21. You do this by claiming that it only applies to the one guy. The passage does not say that it only applies to the one guy. You made it up so that you can ignore it.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 23:27
    @kellyjay said

That guy comes to the Lord, the Lord does not tell him He needs one more good work go sell and give. He doesn't say go do good works, and even the good work you brought up isn't a get into heaven pass, instead it was so he could have some t ...[text shortened]... tion only shows you are twisting the scriptures again to mean what you want instead of what it says.
    Clearly you are a rich man trying desperately to prove that this story is not applicable to you. You are in deep dodo ... go sell what you have a give it to the poor.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 23:35
    @thinkofone said
    You ignore what it plainly states in Mark 10:21. You do this by claiming that it only applies to the one guy. The passage does not say that it only applies to the one guy. You made it up so that you can ignore it.
    I guess the Good Samaritan story is only for people from Samaria. lol

These church people are most incredible deceivers I have ever come across.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 23:52
    @thinkofone said
    You didn't read my response did you?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 23:53
    @rajk999 said
    Clearly you are a rich man trying desperately to prove that this story is not applicable to you. You are in deep dodo ... go sell what you have a give it to the poor.
    You imagination is running off again, avoiding the things I said, just so you can insult me with nothing but your imagination to back it up with.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Aug '19 23:56
    @kellyjay said
    You didn't read my response did you?
    People read what you write but its nonsense.
    You write garbage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree