What is the most important human capacity?

What is the most important human capacity?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
14 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I simply don't agree with you with regards to Rajk999.
No problem. We agree to disagree. A kind of equilibrium so to speak.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
14 May 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
What is a doctrine of condemnation? What have I said so far that us not supported by Jesus Christ and the Apostles? You preach a church doctrine which is not the whole Bible teaching. Churches do that and omit most of what the Bible says because if they did preach the whole truth their church would be empty and so would their bank accounts.

I suspect ...[text shortened]...
I have the support of Jesus and the Apostles. You have the support of the heads of your church.
You're a presumptuous and pompous dullard.

I have studied the Bible from cover to cover, verse by verse for decades. Your moronic insistence that my doctrine is "church dogma" is contemptible and undignified claptrap.

You have no concept of the doctrine of the grace of God to your own discredit and dismay.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
14 May 18

Presumably it is with your own personal interpretation of the Bible that you measure the veracity of the varying interpretations of the 40,000 or so denominations of Christianity out there.
You presume incorrectly.

Try to grasp a simple concept. It's the Word of God. It is presumptuous to think its open to any individual's personal interpretation.

Presuming to have an interpretation of ones own is akin to telling God what He means by what He says. It's ludicrous.

Can you come to terms with that?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
14 May 18

The slight joke of me pompously ~ ironically, clearly ~ saying you are "forgiven" was enhanced, I thought, by removing the word "forgiveness" from your post.
For the record, I got it when I read it. It was a clever play on words.

See? I can read and interpret stuff just fine. Even intent. I can't say the same of others.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
14 May 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
But, I also enjoy good banter as well.
Plan on some bad banter too. πŸ˜‰

F

Moves
14 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
.It's the Word of God. It is presumptuous to think its open to any individual's personal interpretation.

Presuming to have an interpretation of ones own is akin to telling God what He means by what He says. . It's ludicrous
And yet there are countless different interpretations and denominations.

Moves
14 May 18

Plan on some bad banter too. πŸ˜‰
That's everywhere these days. Folks feel empowered by the internet's relative anonymity I suppose.

To be honest: RHP Forums seem rather genteel by comparison. Some Snapchat and LINE rooms can be atrocious.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

What is the most important capacity or attribute that humans possess?

There are lots of contenders that are unquestionably essential, but ~ because it makes all the other attributes and capacities work, and because it is the foundation for our identity and individuality, I'll vote for...

Memory

What attribute or capacity is your favourite contender?

[One selection only, please.]
<<What is the most important capacity or attribute that humans possess?>>

Spending time with family and getting fresh air.

F

Moves
15 May 18

So, far we have... memory, faith, love, prediction, ambition, compassion, reason, forgiveness, drawing a line, to be like God, fallibility, hope, curiosity, the ability to root out truth, and imagination.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 May 18

And yet there are countless different interpretations and denominations.
Because people keep coming up with their own interpretations.

F

Moves
15 May 18

Because people keep coming up with their own interpretations.
Exactly.

And is the correct one your one by any chance?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
That's everywhere these days. Folks feel empowered by the internet's relative anonymity I suppose.

To be honest: RHP Forums seem rather genteel by comparison. Some Snapchat and LINE rooms can be atrocious.
True. One can get banned for being too egregious here, and some have.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 May 18

Exactly.

And is the correct one your one by any chance?
I have learned over the years I've been wrong many times. It comes with the territory.

Thing is though, there are certain essentials that if not understood correctly are deadly wrong.

F

Moves
15 May 18

I have learned over the years I've been wrong many times. It comes with the territory.

Thing is though, there are certain essentials that if not understood correctly are deadly wrong.
Different people, different groups, different places, different times in history, different interpretations.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 May 18

One can get banned for being too egregious here, and some have.
Who are you thinking of?