What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sure, but sonship has spoken about this 'mingling' of man and God' many times. Do you distance yourself from this?

Sounds akin to Hinduism, to this debauched atheist. (Not your words).
I can’t speak for him, I can only restate what I said, and nothing about what I said comes close to Hinduism in my opinion you would have to explain that.

Moves
19 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I can’t speak for him, I can only restate what I said, and nothing about what I said comes close to Hinduism in my opinion you would have to explain that.
Sounds like you are indeed distancing yourself...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Mar 19

@very-rusty said
I get it now goad, you just don't like people disagreeing with what you have to say!

-VR
Can you possibly keep your stalking behavior out of the SF?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sounds like you are indeed distancing yourself...
You and fmf trade accounts for a day?

Moves
19 Mar 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You and fmf trade accounts for a day?
Yes. We do that every Tuesday.

Edit: Note for Rusty. The above should not be taken literally. No need to alert the mods.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Yes. We do that every Tuesday.

Edit: Note for Rusty. The above should not be taken literally. No need to alert the mods.
😉

I also was kidding!

Moves
19 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
😉

I also was kidding!
I know.

Rusty, however, would have missed the humour.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I know.

Rusty, however, would have missed the humour.
Do you believe we each have our own personal moral compass, and please note when I say compass I'm speaking about something that guides each of us towards our moral values?

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Do you believe we each have our own personal moral compass, and please note when I say compass I'm speaking about something that guides each of us towards our moral values?
Something that guides each of us towards our moral values would be found in our nature (hard wiring) or nurture (religion, upbringing, experiences etc.).

The personal, unique mechanism that each of us has we use to convert our take on moral values and turn it into action and interaction is our moral compass, and, yes, each of us has our own personal moral compass that guides us.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19
2 edits

@fmf said
Something that guides each of us towards our moral values would be found in our nature (hard wiring) or nurture (religion, upbringing, experiences etc.).

The personal, unique mechanism that each of us has we use to convert our take on moral values and turn it into action and interaction is our moral compass, and, yes, each of us has our own personal moral compass that guides us.
If its hard wired, where did the morals come from? Material matter doesn't have morals, you think they were programmed into you, if so by whom? If there isn't a programmer, and there isn't nothing about matter that generates morals, why bother suggesting you have them? If Darwin was correct, and there isn't any difference between our lives and lives of any animal, what causes you to want morals?

If you are of the opinion that no higher power actually causes moral notions, who is to say having them isn't the real issue with man? Without a moral law giver is there a real moral law except the one that suggests survival of the fittest. That then I'm sorry to say would mean we should be able to just kill off the weak, or who we think is useless! If not are we not crippling ourselves by not doing that? That was has occurred in a number of places around the world throughout time, people and governments murdering millions of those they did not want, but we call them monsters. Come to think of it even murder would be a moral word, doesn't that come from the 10 Commandments?

What experience did you have that others need to worry about? Without God, what is it that could hold anyone who didn't want to, to go back on their word breaking promises. If breaking a promise helps them, wouldn't survival of the fittest mean we don't have to keep promises? Nature is a brutal place you want to use that as an example of morals, eat the young? Where would your moral compass guide you, towards what? If evolution is the only game in town, even progress is make believe, its simply where the life is, and one life isn't any more important than the next?

I think the mindset you are driving towards is going to produce the most evil generation of people that has ever lived, because I do believe there is a moral law giver, one that holds us accountable, who is good. You wipe out the notion of a real good and evil, than all bets are off and everything is acceptable, think that through!

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
If its hard wired, where did the morals come from?
Possibly from a creator entity or being. Possibly from evolution as they enhanced humans' chances of survival. Possible a mixture of both.

How many times are you going to ask me this question, pretend I didn't answer, and then ask me again. And again?

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I think the mindset you are driving towards is going to produce the most evil generation of people that has ever lived, because I do believe there is a moral law giver, one that holds us accountable, who is good.
I think the mindset you are driving towards is going to produce the most evil generation of people that has ever lived

You think I am a member of "the most evil generation of people that has ever lived" or you think my wife and I are producing "the most evil generation of people that has ever lived"?

F

Moves
24 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Nature is a brutal place you want to use that as an example of morals, eat the young? Where would your moral compass guide you, towards what?
Maybe morals evolved because "nature is a brutal place".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
Possibly from a creator entity or being. Possibly from evolution as they enhanced humans' chances of survival. Possible a mixture of both.

How many times are you going to ask me this question, pretend I didn't answer, and then ask me again. And again?
Really, that seem natural to you a Creator? Isn't a Creator supernatural, and who is the they in "they enhanced"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Mar 19

@fmf said
I think the mindset you are driving towards is going to produce the most evil generation of people that has ever lived

You think I am a member of "the most evil generation of people that has ever lived" or you think my wife and I are producing "the most evil generation of people that has ever lived"?
So you bring your wife into this discussion and if I say anything you want to accuse me of bad mouthing her? Really, pull your head out and just stick to the things actually said and stop making them up.