1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 05:16
    @chaney3 said
    If I am a Christian, I'm not a very good one, because I have a lot of doubt about the entirety of the story.

I have faith of a mustard seed, but it's equalled by guilt and confusion.
    Then why have you started so many threads denouncing Christians for being, by their own admission "not very good"?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 10:23
    @fmf said
    Then why have you started so many threads denouncing Christians for being, by their own admission "not very good"?
    Especially me!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 20:11
    @fmf said
    Just pointing out that repenting is a big deal to Jesus.

It's not good enough to know you're living wrong.....and do nothing about it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 20:28
    @divegeester said
    Same here to some extent.
    I have heard that strong faith is a gift from God.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 22:15
    @chaney3 said

Why do you feel it is for somehow appropriate for you, of all people, to be "pointing" something like this out ~ and pointing your finger generally ~ when you yourself behave the way you do while seemingly revelling in your own hypocrisy?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 22:19
    @fmf said
    Why do you feel it is for somehow appropriate for you, of all people, to be "pointing" something like this out ~ and pointing your finger generally ~ when you yourself behave the way you do while seemingly revelling in your own hypocrisy?
    Repenting is a big part of being a Christian.

No revelling, just a fact.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 22:201 edit
    @chaney3 said

So you see yourself ~ in some way, or to some degree ~ to be channelling Jesus here on this message board?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 22:222 edits
    @chaney3 said
    Repenting is a big part of being a Christian.
    But your lectures on what is or isn't "a big part of being a Christian" just seem to be spiteful, nasty, highly personalized denunciations aimed at one particular person - or a few - with whom you seem obsessed in an obviously unhealthy way.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 22:25
    @chaney3 said
    No revelling, just a fact.
    It's a fact that you devote a lot of your forum contributions to revelling in your own hypocrisy while pretending it is those who point this out to you are supposedly the trolls.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 23:02
    @fmf said
    It's a fact that you devote a lot of your forum contributions to revelling in your own hypocrisy while pretending it is those who point this out to you are supposedly the trolls.
    Look FMF, you were once a Christian but discarded your faith. So be it.

You are in NO position to judge anyone with regards to doubt.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 23:04
    @chaney3 said
    We are all in a position to comment on each other's behaviour. And that's my point. You seem determined to browbeat people publicly about the importance of repentance while pointedly not doing any public repentance of your own.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 23:07
    @chaney3 said
    Look FMF, you were once a Christian but discarded your faith. So be it.
    But, the point is, my stance with regard to "faith", unlike you, does not turn me into a hypocrite. You appear to believe that declaring "If I am a Christian, I'm not a very good one, because I have a lot of doubt about the entirety of the story" entitles you to be oddly sanctimonious and mention the name of a religious figure over and over again while you're at it.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 23:131 edit
    @fmf said
    But, the point is, my stance with regard to "faith", unlike you, does not turn me into a hypocrite. You appear to believe that declaring "If I am a Christian, I'm not a very good one, because I have a lot of doubt about the entirety of the story" entitles you to be oddly sanctimonious and mention the name of a religious figure over and over again while you're at it.
    In a sense, you are a hypocrite.

You discard your faith, then "browbeat" others who have doubts about their own faith, but who are still seeking, and still asking questions.

You once worshipped your own "God figure", remember?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 23:16
    @chaney3 said
    I am not "judging" you with regards to your doubt. Indeed, your doubt isn't particularly interesting and your words about it are too smothered in your hypocrisy to seem sincere. I think doubt is good and I think it is a quintessentially human attribute which is preferable to the certainty and even personal reality/alternative facts that ideology gives rise to. My own doubt - which led to my loss of faith - has not been a negative experience.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 23:17
    @chaney3 said
    You discard your faith, then "browbeat" others who have doubts about their own faith, but who are still seeking, and still asking questions.
    I have never criticized anyone here for having doubts about what they believe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree