1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '20 17:01
    @rajk999 said
    Who is the cherry picker now. Paul explains what is saved, and what is inheritance in the kingdom of God. Two different things. You choose the easy doctrine, that makes you feel nice and warm inside.
    I assure you it doesn’t make me feel warm inside. Quite the opposite actually.

Please see my comment to FMF above.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '20 17:11
    @divegeester said
    Salvation: eternal life is FREE, it is a “gift of God” received through faith.
    Sounds like mundane, watered-down, feel-good nothingness. It sounds just as not-credible and manmade to me as the torturer God doctrine. I have to believe that divegeester's God figure exists in order to experience everlasting life? Yeah, right.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Nov '20 18:01
    @divegeester said
    I’m not answering for SecondSon, just putting my two penny worth in.

Salvation: eternal life is FREE, it is a “gift of God” received through faith. It is accompanied by an ongoing, and also a periodic filling of the spirit. Scripture calls this “power”. It is power to overcome the carnal instincts and it is accessed through faith. This is scripturally sound.
    ...[text shortened]... I do this, it’s a sorry situation. But the sorry situation does not mean that the doctrine is wrong.
    You can twist and turn it all you like and quote Paul, and whoever, and mix up the terms saved and eternal life all you like. In the end the passage in Matt 25 where Jesus is judging there are only two outcomes:
    - eternal life in the Kingdom of God for those who do good works
    - damnation for those who do not do good works.

This is the word of God, explained to you in Matt 25, by Jesus the Son of God.

I notice you hesitate to state what the bible says about those who do not live according to the commandments of Christ, referring to it as a 'sorry situation'. Jesus and Paul said no such thing and said it plainly .. they are cast out.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '20 18:54
    @rajk999 said
    You can twist and turn it all you like and quote Paul, and whoever, and mix up the terms saved and eternal life all you like. In the end the passage in Matt 25 where Jesus is judging there are only two outcomes:
    - eternal life in the Kingdom of God for those who do good works
    - damnation for those who do not do good works.

This is the word of God, explained to you in ...[text shortened]... as a 'sorry situation'. Jesus and Paul said no such thing and said it plainly .. they are cast out.
    I have no belief in a literal hell, damnation or otherwise.

I’m content that we disagree but stand firm that you cannot refute my “favourite” (sic) scriptures.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Nov '20 19:441 edit
    @divegeester said
    I have no belief in a literal hell, damnation or otherwise.

I’m content that we disagree but stand firm that you cannot refute my “favourite” (sic) scriptures.
    Here is one of my favourite scriptures

.. every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God. (Ecclesiastes 3:13 KJV)

Eat drink and be merry. It is the gift of God. BUT ... I will be a damn fool to think that gift of God [just like salvation], alone will get me into the Kingdom of God. There are other things to be done.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '20 20:09
    @rajk999 said
    Here is one of my favourite scriptures

.. every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God. (Ecclesiastes 3:13 KJV)

Eat drink and be merry. It is the gift of God. BUT ... I will be a damn fool to think that gift of God [just like salvation], alone will get me into the Kingdom of God. There are other things to be done.
    I’m fine with you rejecting the scripture I gave you, really I am.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Nov '20 20:18
    @divegeester said
    I’m fine with you rejecting the scripture I gave you, really I am.
    Not only me. Jesus and all the Apostles rejects that scripture if it is taken out of context. A profession of faith is a stepping to righteousness. Only then will that profession of faith become a living faith leading to eternal life, otherwise it is dead, its stubble, its chaff fit to be cast into the fire. You preach a dangerous doctrine of death.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '20 22:31
    @rajk999 said
    Not only me. Jesus and all the Apostles rejects that scripture if it is taken out of context.
    Wow, now you’ve spoken to Jesus and his apostles!
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Nov '20 22:35
    @divegeester said
    Wow, now you’ve spoken to Jesus and his apostles!
    No. Jesus and the Apostles speaks to us.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 01:04
    Christian = a follower of Jesus Christ, who thinks most other followers are doing it wrong.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 01:11
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Christian = a follower of Jesus Christ, who thinks most other followers are doing it wrong.
    Obviously you're talking about the Rajk.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 04:03
    @bigdoggproblem said
    You'd sure think so, reading this forum.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 07:28
    @fmf said
    I have to believe that divegeester's God figure exists in order to experience everlasting life?
    That is the basis of Christianity, yes.
    Although it being “divegeester’s God figure” is coincidental.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 07:30
    @rajk999 said
    No. Jesus and the Apostles speaks to us.
    In that case they seem to say different things to me than they do to you. 😀
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '20 07:31
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Haha.

If there was an RHP forum index, this comment by you would be in it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree